Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Plan B for Standard BusinessFirst Award Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plan B for Standard BusinessFirst Award Travel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:18 am
Suspended

If you're a Plat make sure the CSR puts your Waitlist in a Class "O" and NOT "I" which is for non-Plats

I saw last night that BF was avaialble for my return flight yet my Waitlist didnt clear.

was told the original agent had me waitlisted in I and not O. So BF was available only if logged-on as a Plat which it seems gets its own Bucket different from the reg award/waitlists
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just had to use this again, and the agent also tried to tell me that it was no longer necessary. I referred her to the DRS code, which she found and then told me that I was right and what she was talking about was completely different than what I was trying to do.

Again, it took nearly an hour to get this done, but it is. It's in the cue to be ticketed, and the miles showing on the confirmation are the correct amount. The ticket is showing waitlisted for BF with a seat issued in Y.

Let's hope it tickets ok......
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I just had to use this again, and the agent also tried to tell me that it was no longer necessary. I referred her to the DRS code, which she found and then told me that I was right and what she was talking about was completely different than what I was trying to do.

Again, it took nearly an hour to get this done, but it is. It's in the cue to be ticketed, and the miles showing on the confirmation are the correct amount. The ticket is showing waitlisted for BF with a seat issued in Y.

Let's hope it tickets ok......
Thanks for the update!
What did you refer her to look at?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:20 pm

The code onewai in the DSR.

FWIW - it still hasn't ticketed. I called back, and the agent confirmed there is a manual rate override showing in the record and indicated it has to be ticketed by another desk. I'll keep everyone posted.

All the information for plan B can be found in the FAQ sticky.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:31 am

Update..

It finally ticketed on Sunday morning. I was starting to get concerned, but it did get through with the correct number of BF miles removed from my account.

I guess I have to still watch the waitlist, as I have yet to have one clear automatically.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:12 am

On a recent domestic segment (as part of an international reward) a customer rep informed me that we need to split reservations before we can be placed on the airport upgrade list as per Plan B.

Was she correct?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kilo
On a recent domestic segment (as part of an international reward) a customer rep informed me that we need to split reservations before we can be placed on the airport upgrade list as per Plan B.

Was she correct?
Technically, yes. If you get the right agent you can ask them to not split it unless it would actually clear and they can review the list and figure it out before listing you and making the split, but otherwise, yes, they have to split it for it to work.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by craz
If you're a Plat make sure the CSR puts your Waitlist in a Class "O" and NOT "I" which is for non-Plats

I saw last night that BF was avaialble for my return flight yet my Waitlist didnt clear.

was told the original agent had me waitlisted in I and not O. So BF was available only if logged-on as a Plat which it seems gets its own Bucket different from the reg award/waitlists
Besides the fact these are confirmed CO award tix, what do "O" and "X" designate with regard to the fare basis?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by jlemon
Besides the fact these are confirmed CO award tix, what do "O" and "X" designate with regard to the fare basis?
They are inventory buckets. O is used for first class rewards on partners and for increased inventory on CO metal. I is biz inventory on both CO metal and partners. X is coach inventory.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by sbm12
They are inventory buckets. O is used for first class rewards on partners and for increased inventory on CO metal. I is biz inventory on both CO metal and partners. X is coach inventory.
Thanks. Are you aware of any instance where CO changed the itinerary for O (BF) and X (COEx) award tix even though the impending travel was confirmed? Example: change from IAH-HNL nonstop to IAH-LAX-HNL on CO metal or even to a connection to UA on LAX-HNL segment?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by jlemon
Thanks. Are you aware of any instance where CO changed the itinerary for O (BF) and X (COEx) award tix even though the impending travel was confirmed? Example: change from IAH-HNL nonstop to IAH-LAX-HNL on CO metal or even to a connection to UA on LAX-HNL segment?
They can make such changes if there is a flight schedule change. They should also notify the customer but they seem to have trouble with that (I've experienced it recently as well). Basically when a flight is canceled their system will do its best to auto-rebook folks. I believe the automated part only considers CO flight numbers (but includes code-shares) so that will protect you a bit but it isn't fool-proof.

I don't think that the code (X/I/O) matters all that much in these scenarios other than in terms of which cabin the system goes looking for new seats in.

At some level you have to decide how you'd rather be treated when IAH-HNL gets cut on the schedule. They can push you to the other flight that day if the connections work out. If not they have to either push you to a different day or a less ideal routing. Or they can refund your purchase to the original form of payment. That's essentially all the CoC guarantees. Not particularly great, but it is all you've got.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by craz

I have had agents tell me they need to list me in I and O so ensure that I will clear if a seat becomes available.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:04 pm

Ok, so I have an interesting question.

I am trying to book a bf ticket to South America. The various routings require 1-3 legs each way on Copa. I have found standard BF award seats for flights that seem acceptable to me, but when I select them, I get the dreaded "! There are no First/BusinessFirst/International Business Class seats available on..."

In almost all cases, there is no availability on ANY of the flights - i.e. I would be booking a BF award, with NO segments in front.

Would this make me a "displaced BF customer?" Will I be on the "waitlist" and clear if seats eventually become available. I tried talking to the reward desk, but the agents I have spoken with could not give me a definitive answer.

As of right now, none of my options in either direction have both Coach and BF availability (though I have seen this availability come and go in the past few days)

Thanks,
Matthew
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I am "reviving" this old thread.
Is the info re: Plan B still current & applicable?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Paulchili
I am "reviving" this old thread.
Is the info re: Plan B still current & applicable?
Would seem so!
What's the priority to clear these vs. UDU?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.