Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Exit row seating not available until 24hrs prior, even for elites???

Old Oct 17, 06, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K (I miss CO) & 1MM; AA Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold

I just got off the phone with an agent who told me that a new rule has come down that they "can't" assign exit row seating, even to elites, until within 24hrs of the flight.
I know this wasn't the case two weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else had heard the same thing, or maybe it was a new agent and i should just try to call back again. Anything is worth the extra inches of leg room if the upgrade doesn't come through. My real worry is that they will just release those seats to anyone checking in online 24hrs before, and not reserve them for elites....
Old Oct 17, 06, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Exit row seats are reserved for plat's only until the 24 hour mark. I swore I would never be one of these guys, but my guess is if you bothered to spend 12 seconds looking for this topic you would have found this rather lengthy thread...
Old Oct 17, 06, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K (I miss CO) & 1MM; AA Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
Exit row seats are reserved for plat's only until the 24 hour mark. I swore I would never be one of these guys, but my guess is if you bothered to spend 12 seconds looking for this topic you would have found this rather lengthy thread...

Actually, i was under that impression, but for the past year i have been able to call the elite desk immediately after booking a ticket and secure an exit row seat with no problems and regardless of fare type. And for about a month (July- late August) i was able to select exit row seats online when i purchased or soon there after, never having to wait until check in, despite the fact that i was only a Gold.

Obviously that has changed now, or so it would seem.
Old Oct 17, 06, 12:58 pm
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past. (IAH, DEN, YKF)
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by skip1421
Obviously that has changed now, or so it would seem.
FYI that's what the thread discussed.

...hence the Exit Row Reserved For Platinum Elite Only title.

If you're interested in learning the in and outs behind the change it makes for a good read and a few nifty ideas of how to allocate exit row seats to the elites.
Old Oct 17, 06, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Please continue this discussion in the above-linked thread

Xyzzy
CO forum moderator

Search this Thread