EUAs are nice but I feel CO should do more

Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:33 am
Suspended

If you're platinum by March of each year, it would be smart for CO to send you a letter thanking you for your business. An actual signature by Larry for people who fly that much would be a nice touch. Maybe you should send them a letter suggesting such.

From my perspective, that's an insane amount of flying. I do 1/4 and I find it extremely disruptive to my personal and social life. How do you handle it? Do you have a job where you're gone EVERy week?
Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by thegeneral
If you're platinum by March of each year, it would be smart for CO to send you a letter thanking you for your business. An actual signature by Larry for people who fly that much would be a nice touch. Maybe you should send them a letter suggesting such.
So, write a letter to CO asking CO to write you a letter?
Old Oct 12, 2006, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Several years ago CO sent me a "fake" Leatherman combintation tool with a thank you letter. Not a biggie, but a nice gesture.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 2:44 pm

Programs: CO - silver, dl plat, spg plat, Marriot plat
I agree with the school of thought that says that when checking in, either online, at kiosk, or with agent, provide a free drink coupon, if not upgraded.

If you trusted your workers you would also be able to provide possibly a piece of chocolate when boarding ,a sweet flight, tacky but works and everyone sees it. Even if they provided a $1 bar to every elite traveler then how much is $1 off of a ticket. I was thinking even a small piece that will be a fraction of that cost.Only Elite travelers not nonelite BF or F passengers.

How about the personalized luggage tags that we always mention.

Skyteam elite security line at EWR Terminal B

Ability to purchase discounted NJtransit tickets between EWR and New York Penn or Newark Penn station.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Your thank you is checking in before others at the ticket counter..going to front of line at security..boarding before others..and getting space available upgrades..if you want CO to do more..why not do more for them and purchase a First Class ticket everytime you fly making more money for them thereby they will do more for you..It seems to me people just cant be happy..Relax man! @:-)
Old Oct 12, 2006, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
I am not complaining but wondering what other CO FF's have recieved for flying CO an immense amount over the past few years.

I just looked and 9/4/06-10/4/06 I aquired 51,345 CO miles (20k EQM (Damn 50% EQMs)), have been platnium the last 3 years by March ech year, and have another 65k in miles scheduled until 10/30/06....148 EQM segments as of today, 26 during September even.

Not even a phone call thank you or email thank you from CO? Heck I probably paid for a downpayment on an RJ for them at this point....is a simple thank you out of the question?

What have others expected or recieved is my question.
Was the travel between 9/4 and 10/4 on the company dime? If so, perhaps they should send the note to your boss?

Not trying to be a wise-..., just not sure I really agree with your point. Yes, I suppose a thank you note would be nice but isnt that what free upgrades are for? Or being able to board early? Or having a special number to call to make/change reservations? Arent the perks of being elite a way of saying thanks for flying with us so often?
Old Oct 12, 2006, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
Not trying to be a wise-..., just not sure I really agree with your point. Yes, I suppose a thank you note would be nice but isnt that what free upgrades are for? Or being able to board early? Or having a special number to call to make/change reservations? Arent the perks of being elite a way of saying thanks for flying with us so often?
Precisely. They offer elite benefits so that they don't have to deal with the logistics of writing letters or making other gestures.

My sense is that if CO instituted a program that automatically emailed or sent letters to customers when they crossed certain mileage thresholds, like 100k EQM, 150k EQM, etc., people would start complaining that they received impersonal form letters from CO.

I'd rather have E+, nicer coach seats, or the middle seat next to me in coach blocked instead of a thank you letter. YMMV.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
It make take a few years, but CO will rue the day that they devalued the Elite program so far that a Plat such as myself feels lucky to be running a 50% upgrade rate.>>

I wonder what the statistics are when they outfit first and business class, what %they plan to sell and what % is planned for upgrades?? or if they can even make a guess on those numbers?
Old Oct 12, 2006, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL FO MM,
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
Your thank you is checking in before others at the ticket counter..going to front of line at security..boarding before others..and getting space available upgrades..if you want CO to do more..why not do more for them and purchase a First Class ticket everytime you fly making more money for them thereby they will do more for you..It seems to me people just cant be happy..Relax man! @:-)
Hello, all,

As a happy and relaxed CO customer, I just gotta jump in here. I'm Plat and all that. I get upgraded my share of the time, I think. I consider it a perk rather than an entitlement, and I'm always grateful for it. CO also provides me with very good customer service when I need it.

I'm in agreement with CAL PHL FLYER. (Although you don't get to go to the front of the security line everywhere.)

Generally speaking, I do believe that I'm getting what I'm paying for. And as goofy as this may sound, all the appreciation I need is them getting me to my destination in a safe and timely manner.

My one (and only) complaint is the EQM thing. I have to use the company travel agency and as a consequence, sometimes don't even get segment credit for my flights. I would like to see CO change that policy.

(By the way, the newspaper today said CO will have a profitable quarter and has a bunch of money for profit sharing. More or less, depending on fourth quarter results. Good news for CO employees. We should all be happy for them.)

Happy and safe flying to you all.

Guloxi
Old Oct 12, 2006, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CO Gold, Avis First, HH Silver
Originally Posted by guloxi
(By the way, the newspaper today said CO will have a profitable quarter and has a bunch of money for profit sharing. More or less, depending on fourth quarter results. Good news for CO employees. We should all be happy for them.)
Good of you to bring that up. It's good for us flyers in the long run, too. Happy employees make for better customer experiences. People work harder because they know it will turn into direct results for them. Just about anyone who flew with NW, UA, DL, or US during their really dark periods saw the results of rock bottom employee morale.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
In the end, no matter what CO does, it will never be enough for some people. If they get their thank you letter or extra little perk now, they'll want something additional tomorrow
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lemurs
Good of you to bring that up. It's good for us flyers in the long run, too. Happy employees make for better customer experiences. People work harder because they know it will turn into direct results for them.
I agree wholeheartedly with this and hope CO can stay on the profitability track. Let's hope oil prices stay down for as long as possible.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:35 am

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Plat,HHonors Gold, Leader - Leading Hotels of the World
Agreed!!!

Originally Posted by CALfly5
I think channa gives CO a LOT more money than he does to Safeway. Comparing the 2 is probably not that useful, because with supermarkets, distance from home/work to the market is a large determinant of choice of supermarket. No such thing in the airline world - if I can get to SFO, I can choose to fly ANYBODY.

I agree with a prev poster who said that a "simple thank you" would be great!

CO used to have something very much like this. They had a very simple page printed in year-end OP statements showing you how many segs you flew, how many upgrades you were given, and maybe a couple of other stats, and then a (form letter) message from the director of marketing thanking you for your patronage. Yes, I know nobody actually called me at home and said "thanks Mr. CAL, for flying us so much this year" but this little message really said to me that the airline was looking at me and appreciated me.

I cannot understand why CO doesn't do this anymore. Now, with so many people using e-statements instead of paper, there wouldn't even be an extra paper cost for the extra page.

And FWIW, I do think that once people fly over 100K miles, or over some high dollar amount, someone from the Chairman's office or the President's office should make a phone call to that OP member. I can't imagine it would be that many people they'd have to call, but the goodwill they'd generate, and word of mouth advertising that would follow, would pay for hundreds of those ubiquitous billboards CO puts up across the country.

(PS> CO Insider, I'd really love to see something like this back in the program.)
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:32 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I would like an EUA. I have had NONE this year - this is the worst year for me for upgrades. 24 flight segments so far, hit gold again mid-year, no ERJs at all, no discount tickets, No EUAs, nothing...
Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Pinky
I would like an EUA. I have had NONE this year - this is the worst year for me for upgrades. 24 flight segments so far, hit gold again mid-year, no ERJs at all, no discount tickets, No EUAs, nothing...
That is really sad. Where/when do you usually fly?

As a gold this year, I had 24 upgrades out of 40 flights with a first class section, or upgraded exactly 60% of the time. Since becoming a platinum, I'm 10/10, or 100%. None of those flights were on Northwest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.