Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

elites picking seats for non elites, is it no longer??

Old Oct 10, 06, 12:25 am
Original Poster

since i can remember, i have been able to choose elite section seating for my nonelite family members by logging on to my account, accessing their record and simply changing their seats. i know its not fair, but it has always been available.

tonight i booked a friend through my account on a msy-las flight and was unable to choose elite seating for her.

i logged out, logged back in and then tried again and nothing.

has CO smarted up to us? although i agree it wasnt that fair, i cant believe there were that many of us who actually did it.

it was somewhat of a perk to tell friends that when flying CO i could get them the "good" coach seats. it always excited them and gave them a slight feeling of importance (little did they know).

any info on this???
Old Oct 10, 06, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Well, if you found the info here, remember this is the Internet. Available to everyone in the world, including CO.

Anyone who posts a loophole on this board is bound to have it shut down sooner or later.
Old Oct 10, 06, 10:13 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by channa
Well, if you found the info here, remember this is the Internet. Available to everyone in the world, including CO.

Anyone who posts a loophole on this board is bound to have it shut down sooner or later.
Ain't that the truth!
Old Oct 10, 06, 10:19 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by channa

yes this loophole is closed (probably for the reason mentioned by Channa)...at least you can still choose any seat you want at BP time.
Old Oct 10, 06, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
If you are traveling with your family and they are on different PNRs you can still call CO and have them put into the elite section near you.
Old Oct 10, 06, 11:14 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Wanaque, NJ -UA-G; SPG-Plat (Lifetime Gold)
Also, you can buy two tickets under one PNR and assign elite seats to both, even though one of the travellers is a 'nothing'. Then after assigning the seats, use the on-line function to split the reservation. The 'nothing' maintains the elite seat and the elite traveller is now on his/her own reservation and elligible for EUA.
Now that this function is available on line, it is much easier to use.

Search this Thread