Continental OnePass to Amtrak

Old Oct 5, 06, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: divident miles
Continental OnePass to Amtrak

what the best to use these points . i have 10000 .. how many hotel nights i can get .it worked now i have them in my account .. thank you to that memeber .
Old Oct 16, 06, 11:31 am

Programs: US-Silver; UA-Premier; Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sealevel
what the best to use these points . i have 10000 .. how many hotel nights i can get .it worked now i have them in my account .. thank you to that memeber .

How do I convert OnePass miles into Amtrak points? Can we do the conversion online?

Seems like 16,000 points for a RT on Acela from WAS to NYC is a good deal (can't get a flight for under $300).

Thanks,
Tregate
Old Oct 16, 06, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Tregate
How do I convert OnePass miles into Amtrak points? Can we do the conversion online?

Seems like 16,000 points for a RT on Acela from WAS to NYC is a good deal (can't get a flight for under $300).
You need to call the CO OPSC to initiate the transfer. FYI it's only 6000 points for a regular (non-Acela) WAS-NYP round trip. The Acela really doesn't save you very much time and costs a lot more points
Old Oct 16, 06, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remember that miles can only be transferred in increments of 5,000.
Old Oct 16, 06, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Well, on a points-used-versus-dollars-saved basis, using points for Acela is not a bad idea. Btw, I take both normal Amtrak and Acela on a regular basis, and Acela is less prone to those irritating 1/2 hour to 1 hour delays.

Originally Posted by xyzzy
You need to call the CO OPSC to initiate the transfer. FYI it's only 6000 points for a regular (non-Acela) WAS-NYP round trip. The Acela really doesn't save you very much time and costs a lot more points

Search this Thread