Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

i have 13450 miles one pass ..not sure what to do with it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: divident miles

i have 13450 miles one pass ..not sure what to with..
i know will never use these miles or add to them ..
can i sell them or use them somehow

Last edited by sealevel; Sep 2, 2006 at 1:47 am Reason: error
Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by sealevel
i have 13450 miles one pass ..not sure what to with..
i know will never use these miles or add to them ..
can i sell them or use them somehow
Are you intending never to fly again? You should keep building on them towards a free ticket. Remember, you can also earn Onepass miles by flying on Delta and NWA. You could also open an account for one of their credit cards, the bonus miles would give you more than enough for a free ticket. Cancel the card after you get the miles if you want.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:37 am

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

If you are sure you will not accumulate enough miles (20,000 or 25,000) for an award ticket, miles can be redeemed for magazine subscriptions.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:22 am

Programs: Onepass Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Worldperks, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

If you are sure you will not accumulate enough miles (20,000 or 25,000) for an award ticket, miles can be redeemed for magazine subscriptions.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx

Personally, I would transfer them to an Amtrak account (you can open one online) and then transfer them from AMtrak to Hilton. This would yield about 27,000 hilton points. That would be enough for a category 2 or 3 night. Alternatively, it would be worth 3 nights at Opportunity level Hampton Inn or 2 nights at a category 1 hotel.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: divident miles
Originally Posted by leejeffrey
Personally, I would transfer them to an Amtrak account (you can open one online) and then transfer them from AMtrak to Hilton. This would yield about 27,000 hilton points. That would be enough for a category 2 or 3 night. Alternatively, it would be worth 3 nights at Opportunity level Hampton Inn or 2 nights at a category 1 hotel.
thank you so much , i think i will do that ..is there any fee for these transactions?
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:26 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
These answers are excellent if you're in the US. What about those of us in the UK? We can't open up an Amtrack account for example. Is there any other way to use the miles?
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:27 am

These answers are excellent if you're in the US. What about those of us in the UK? We can't open up an Amtrak account for example. Is there any other way to use the miles?
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by braefoot
These answers are excellent if you're in the US. What about those of us in the UK? We can't open up an Amtrak account for example. Is there any other way to use the miles?
Thanks in advance.

simple - move to the US
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FWIW, CO->Amtrak moves can only be done in increments of 5000 miles.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by ssk1127
simple - move to the US

lol.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by braefoot
Thanks in advance.
CO codeshares with flybe. You can get miles for going on trips around the UK. There's a 500 mile minimum available. I flewe BHX to EDI a while back. The fare was £0.01 (plus tax). Few trips like that would get some miles.

In fact, these seqments count as elite segs............it's a pretty sweet deal, esp as BE is a lot better than ryanair/easyhet/bmibaby and prrety damn cheap too.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by superburger
CO codeshares with flybe. You can get miles for going on trips around the UK. There's a 500 mile minimum available. I flewe BHX to EDI a while back. The fare was £0.01 (plus tax). Few trips like that would get some miles.

In fact, these seqments count as elite segs............it's a pretty sweet deal, esp as BE is a lot better than ryanair/easyhet/bmibaby and prrety damn cheap too.
Good luck getting your FlyBE segments to post automatically. I've only had it happen once.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by superburger

Thanks for the replies but there isn't much out of Glasgow on FLYBE.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
How about a magazine subscription or two--that's a good way to burn miles!
Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
How about a magazine subscription or two--that's a good way to burn miles!

Hehe! I wish I had the time or even the inclination to read magazines.
I've sort of decided to take Continental next month to Las Vegas. If I do, I'll buy an economy return and upgrade the leg going out for 20,000 miles and $400.
I think that might be the best way to go----yes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.