FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   CO BF SALE : EWR -LGW .. Matches DL! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/595054-co-bf-sale-ewr-lgw-matches-dl.html)

mauld Aug 27, 2006 7:48 am

CO BF SALE : EWR -LGW .. Matches DL!

:-: After checking DL's biz class sale on their new JFK-LGW route, I wanted to see if CO was matching and sure enough it appears they are. :cool: As an example I just plugged in a trip in Jan over MLK weekend and came up with a fare of $1,128 on CO in BF r/t. Looks like it is booked in (R) class as First-- strange thing is the elite mileage shows 0% ?? I'm sure thats a mistake, and it will most likely give the 150% of the usual BF fare. But it's a nice way to start of your 2008 qualification and take advantage of the Jan UK sales !!! I don't see this advertised on CO's site yet, so there appears lots of availability and if it's running similar to DL it would go from Dec to late March 07 .
This 'sale' is for travel beginng 11/15/2006 and goes thru 3/21/2007 --but not available during holiday periods
(Additionally coach fares are $328 (+taxes) r/t.

PS- I just saw this BF sale mentioned in the Mileage Run Forum, but for those who generally don't read it on a regular basis (as I don't), wanted to make sure other CO flyers were aware of this "as of yet unpublished sale" ^ :-: .

Xyzzy Aug 27, 2006 7:49 am

Sounds like a good opportunity for earning EQM in the new year :D :p :D

sjefenole Aug 27, 2006 8:09 am

There's a STAR :-: next to it!

sjefenole Aug 27, 2006 8:11 am

Great! This can be used over the Christmas holiday too, and not too bad prices with a connection from SEA.

Olton Hall Aug 27, 2006 8:25 am

But the bigger (number of passengers wise) will CO match or get closer to DL in coach which is $303 with taxes and fees?

channa Aug 27, 2006 9:18 am

CO's isn't quite a match -- there's a $130 "surcharge" in CO's that's not in DL's. That's pretty significant considering we're talking about $130 in the context of a $198 fare.

DL's business class is $998 + tax, CO's is $1,128 + tax
- ($1,141 all in on DL vs. $1,271 all in on CO)

DL's economy class is $198 + tax, CO's is $328 + tax
- ($303 all in on DL vs. $433 all in on CO)

GVA Aug 27, 2006 9:59 am

Is this also valid for LGW-EWR or only ex EWR?

theblakefish Aug 27, 2006 10:37 am

I wonder how this will affect fares from IAH....sure could help my Elite changes for next year! :D

mauld Aug 27, 2006 10:40 am

Originally Posted by GVA

Appears to be so. I just plugged in my same dates over MLK weekend (Jan 12-15 2007), but entered LGW-EWR and got a r/t BF fare of $1144 (+ taxes) or $318 (+ taxes) in coach.

Olton Hall Aug 27, 2006 10:59 am

Originally Posted by GVA

It appears the CO fares are only for starting your trip at EWR. DL seems to be from both sides according to the DL board. For comparision, UA JFK-LHR is now about $2,000 in coach. :eek: Maxjet is cheaper across the Atlantic.

From NYC Aug 27, 2006 4:08 pm

CO Insider - Can you confirm Elite Mileage?

Originally Posted by mauld
:-: After checking DL's biz class sale on their new JFK-LGW route, I wanted to see if CO was matching and sure enough it appears they are. :cool: As an example I just plugged in a trip in Jan over MLK weekend and came up with a fare of $1,128 on CO in BF r/t. Looks like it is booked in (R) class as First-- strange thing is the elite mileage shows 0% ?? I'm sure thats a mistake, and it will most likely give the 150% of the usual BF fare.

I happened to check flights in October, and they came in at around $2314 in R class, with the same bit about 0% elite mileage, but giving regular OnePass mileage. Can CO Insider comment about this?

rkkwan Aug 27, 2006 4:13 pm

It's been mentioned on a few other threads that "R"-class is changing from a 0-mile upgrade class to another revenue BF class. The website hasn't reflected the changes, and CO Insider has addressed that.

Don't worry. If you pay money for a BF ticket, you will get your 150% miles and EQM.

Mile-Hor Aug 27, 2006 7:41 pm

And, for those of us who can't quite handle that, $328 r/t is also a steal!! especially considering that to get to MCO at the same time it's going to be like $465!! Of course, it's a little warmer there..

cova Aug 27, 2006 7:46 pm

NYC to LGW - DL BE (I class) versus CO BF (R class)

If you want to earn the most - after Jan 8th CO R class will only get 100% base miles versus current 150% base miles. DL is booked in I class which still shows 150% base miles with no change date.

Both still get 150% EQM. But with DL from NYC after Jan 8th - you will earn an extra ~ 3,400 miles flying DL versus CO.

Of course CO BF is better than DL BE.

Renard Aug 27, 2006 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by theblakefish
I wonder how this will affect fares from IAH....sure could help my Elite changes for next year! :D

They'll probably raise the fares a bit out of iah to compensate ;)