Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental.com Followups [Known&New Website Issues posted here-REPORT PROBLEMS HERE]

Continental.com Followups [Known&New Website Issues posted here-REPORT PROBLEMS HERE]

Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:56 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Continental.com Follow-ups [REPORT PROBLEMS HERE]

Hi Everyone,

In an attempt to summarize the remaining follow-up items from our last continental.com release, I've compiled this list below. I'll do my best keep this list edited as issues are reported and resolved.

The list was last revised on 14-Feb 2007 and it incorporates feedback received through post #329. Issues listed in black are from our original list and issues in blue are the ones you've reported using this thread. Issues with a ++ next to them should be resolved in our next release, which is scheduled for 15-Feb 2007.
Booking
  • ++Calendar sometimes loads slowly
  • ++Unable to change frequent flyer number to a non-OnePass number in the booking path (change is made behind the scenes, but does not reflect on-screen)
  • EWR-HKG does not show available in BusinessFirst when requesting "lowest refundable" fare for the First/BusinessFirst cabin
  • Availability for some international-international connections sometimes incorrectly returns a “no available flights” results when the search request times out (formerly the MEX-Spain availability issue)
  • ++"Operated by" footnotes are listed twice for a connecting flight, when the connecting flight is operated by another carrier
  • When search by fare class returns an error, it’s not possible to do a subsequent search from that page without clearing the fare class box
  • Northwest Elites are unable to confirm an instant Elite Y upgrade during the booking process
  • Unable to redeem the $99 companion Privilege Pack coupon
  • Unable to build an itinerary with the individual legs of a multi-stop flight booked separately (e.g. same flight number connecting to same flight number)
  • Sometimes unable to book Standard Economy reward itineraries using the Elite-only inventory
  • Sometimes unable to book reward involving Gulfstream International (Continental Connection)
  • Reward calendar sometimes reflects “Standard First/BusinessFirst” for a date when Standard Economy is also available
  • Sometimes trying to add a new traveler results in an error saying the traveler is already in your profile
Manage Reservations
  • Reservations that contain waitlists do not display properly
  • ++Itinerary cancel and refund options should be combined
  • ++Cancelled reservations do not show as refunded after refund has been processed
  • Link to flight status information missing for flights departing current day or next day
  • Unable to change to “R” class in the change flight workflow
  • When upgrading an existing reservation using miles for a multi-segment itinerary, sometimes the upgrade doesn't process for all eligible segments
  • Itinerary price sometimes not displayed correctly for reward reservations that are put on hold
  • ++Chase 5% promo itineraries that are put on hold are getting cancelled at 5pm the next day (instead of 11:59pm)
  • ++Seat map sometimes adds another gold seat to the map after clicking on the traveler name hyperlink
  • ++Continental and Northwest Gold Elites are unable to assign exit row seats
  • Seat maps sometimes unavailable when reservation is ticketed by another airline or contains a flight operated by another airline
  • Unable to select seats for the individual legs of a multi-stop flight (e.g. IAH-GRU-GIG)
  • Same-day roundtrips are labeled incorrectly in the summary view in My Reservations
  • Bookings sometimes get moved to the “Past” section after first part of the itinerary is flown, even though there are still future date segments in the reservation
  • Unable to change form of payment when paying an additional collection during the flight change process
  • Trying to reissue a ticket or make a flight change sometimes results in an error
  • Mileage upgrade option (from an existing reservation) sometimes doesn’t work after selecting which flight(s) to upgrade
  • Unable to divide multi-party reservations
  • Unable to assign different names to reservations that have been divided
Other
  • ++Flights booked in M class on or after 8-Jan 2007 are incorrectly showing as 0% EQMs
  • Sometimes unable to log in from My Accounts or in the Purchase path
  • Content and link errors on the Israel site (link to Kosher chef page and menus are missing, Israel RewardOne chart reverts to U.S. version)
  • Error message sometimes states that Continental doesn't fly to the requested airport (occurs when the request times out behind the scenes)
  • Flight status notification request returns an error when using pda.continental.com
  • ”Remember Me” does not with Internet Explorer 7
  • Menu bar doesn’t display correctly when viewed in 1920x1200 resolution
  • EUA notification e-mail sometimes labels “F” class as “BusinessFirst” instead of “First Class”
  • EliteAccess and OnePass number sometimes not reflected correctly on boarding passes for reward tickets
  • Toll free number listed for Duty Free is valid in the U.S. only, not the U.S. and Canada
  • ”Check-in for Flight” link on the site map page goes to an unauthorized page
  • Seat assigned online for multiple parties are sometimes getting transposed on the receipt confirmation
Still Researching / Unable to Re-create (please PM me with any specific examples)
  • When using a promotion code (e.g. ONEPASS), the lowest fare shown at the top of search results is sometimes higher or lower than actual lowest fare in search results
  • Timetable search sometimes says there are no flights when there are flights
  • Flight Status search sometimes returns an error
  • When using Multiple Destinations, sometimes a flight result is returned with only the flight number, but no origin, destination or price.
  • AOL browser users are sometimes unable to book while logged in
  • Sometimes unable to complete car rental reservations
  • Hotel reservations sometimes take the wrong name from traveler profile
  • Non-refundable fares sometimes show as "Refundable" on the Review Ticket Details page
  • Current seat assignment (previously assigned seat) sometimes does not reflect on seat map or in the Manage Reservations recap
  • Flight information search sometimes returns a "there are no flights" error for a date that wasn't even requested
  • Some content pages (e.g. Presidents Club locations) cause Blackberry devices to crash
  • Seat map tab sometimes returns an error when using Firefox
If you experience any issue that is not in the list of open issues above, please post it here and we'll address it. Below are the issues that we’ve addressed as of 12-Feb 2007:

Issues Recently Resolved or Closed
  • Search parameters are not retained when changing to a different search type, like Advanced Search
  • Link to Refundable and/or First Class/BusinessFirst fares at the top of search results leads back to the Multiple Destinations search page (happens only on Multiple Destinations searches)
  • Date format gets corrupted when revising an availability search using a non-U.S. login
  • Connection times not listed correctly, and sometimes not permitted when itinerary involves an eastbound dateline crossing from GUM/Micronesia
  • Itinerary sometimes rebooks and prices in First/BusinessFirst class when requesting Economy Class in conjunction with a mileage upgrade reward
  • Search by fare class in the Advanced Search does not recognize “R” and “M” as a valid classes of service
  • The chart on the “Enter specific fare classes” help page does not include “R” and “M” class
  • Enter (from a keyboard) does not work when submitting a new search from the flight results page
  • Column heading sort in flight search results does not work, except on the first leg
  • Customers randomly are logged into the account of another customer
  • Standard BusinessFirst availability is not reflected on the reward calendar when logged in as a Platinum member (true availability is shown when clicking on the actual date)
  • When attempting to upgrade an itinerary using miles, the incorrect mile and dollar amounts are shown on the results screen after choosing to keep your original itinerary
  • Some pages are labeled "Untitled" in the OnePass News & Offers section
  • Some users unable to view "Latest News" buttons on homepage when using Firefox or Safari
  • EQM amounts incorrectly showing as 100% (instead of 50%) for non-continental.com reservations that have been upgraded
  • Restore Alt-D browser shortcut functionality for Firefox users (instead of going to Deals & Offers)
  • Graphics not loading properly on the "Today's Operations" page for some browser versions
  • Northwest Elites are not able to select premium seats during booking
  • "Operated by" information (e.g. for Continental Express) shows on all seat map tabs, and not just the applicable flight
  • Unable to return to original seat after making a change on the seat map
  • Unable to see the seat map for the second leg of a flight that has an enroute change of equipment
  • Seat assignments attributed to wrong flight when seat maps for past-date segments are still showing
  • Check-in links appearing on reservations within 30 hours instead of 24 hours
  • Flight duration sometimes not calculated correctly when viewing reservation
  • Changing to a non-OnePass account number results in an error
  • Itineraries sometimes do not display properly when there has been a schedule change
  • "View Receipt" option results in an error
  • "Cancel" button showing on past-date itineraries
  • On html e-mails, the menu graphics do not fully load
  • Mileage calculator page does not include bonuses for minimum mileage (i.e. 500 mile minimum) and class of service bonuses
  • Map on the Today’s Operations page is not live (always for Feb 13, 2006)
  • TripAlert delivery preference shows as AM when PM is selected
  • Grammatical errors found on the eTicket receipt ("taxes total", not "taxes totals") and Use Miles ("Activity Since My Last Statement", not "Activity Since My Last Visit")
  • Content and link errors on the Israel site (link to Ben Gurion airport is dead, TLV BusinessFirst lounge name is incorrect)
  • Intermittent issues with saved travelers (ability to add/edit)
  • Seat maps sometimes load slowly, especially when using IE (seat maps are built dynamically and do sometimes take up to 10 seconds to load)
  • When linking to ShopOnePass merchants, OnePass details have to be re-entered instead of being carried over automatically (this is how this functionality has always worked – no changes planned)
  • "Remember Me" option needs to be restored
  • Website freezes sometimes due to cookie conflicts
  • Enter (from a keyboard) does not work with keyword search function
  • Check-in links not appearing on reservations when first flight is operated by Continental Express or Continental Connection and with certain interline and international itineraries
  • Calendar does not automatically advance for return/onward flights
  • Multiple destinations search sometimes gives an error
  • "Purchase without redeeming" functionality is not working correctly in the upgrade award workflow
  • Flights booked in R class on or after 20-Sep 2006 are incorrectly showing as 0 EQMs
  • Upgrade sometimes doesn't keep when purchasing an Y Instant Elite Upgrade fare in conjunction with an offer code (e.g. ONEPASS)
  • Unable to book reservations using Elite-for-a-Day confirmed upgrade certificates
  • Invalid city error shown when entering "Philadelphia 30th. Street Rail Station, PA (ZFV)"
  • Unable to make a booking using certain promotion codes
  • Reissue functionality does not work for most reward bookings
  • Reissue functionality does prices new itinerary at a restricted fare when unrestricted was requested
  • Exit rows selectable for all Elites, and not just Platinums (Manage Reservations only)
  • Premium seats selectable for all customers (Manage Reservations only)
  • Bulkheads not handled properly on the seat map during purchase and in Manage Reservations
  • Unable to rename itineraries that are saved
  • Connection duration is sometimes not calculated correctly when viewing reservation
  • Cancel function does not confirm that the reservation was actually cancelled
  • Grammatical errors found on Flight Status Notification page ("departure" not "depature")
  • Enter (from a keyboard) does not work when inputting a timetable search from the Flight Status results page
  • Travel Club balance is showing 0, when there should be credit
  • American Express Membership Rewards instant transfer capability needs to be re-activated
Thanks again for all your feedback - it's been extremely helpful and we appreciate it.

Last edited by UA Insider; Feb 14, 2007 at 10:04 am
Old Aug 19, 2006, 9:01 am

It has been my experience when purchasing a Y-up fare, the first class seat doesn't stick, even though I picked a FC seat. This happened on 4 different reservations I made last night at around midnight (cst)...
here is an example - assigned 7B based on my profile I pick 3A, and then go to the purchase screen, purchase the ticket, and my reservation reverts back to the coach seat, 7B. I was able to upgrade by going through "manage reservations," but will it stick?
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat
Scott,
Thank you for all this info - it makes it feel not quite so overwhelming to have a list of known issues.

My issue has been that when I use the reserve on a multiple destination trip it forgets everything but the first two legs when I go back to purchase it. I've had this happen twice in the last two days, but not every time.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 1:21 pm

not sure if this is an issue, or just normal. booked msy-gnv-msy. chose all six seats and booked. after booking it showed that i was booked only on a oneway gnv-msy and showed no price.

called co.com support and the agent concurred that it did indeed show that. she then said, "you should see what my screen looks like. ive never seen this before." then my cell phone died.

about five minutes later, i checked my email and low and behold co.com had sent me a message saying "ticketing could not yet be processed due to a technical error."

so i am not sure if this a a co.com glitch or just a run of the mill error that happens from time to time. regardless, the error email was quite impressive. kudos to CO IT none the less. now ill just wait and see if the problem is fixed without another call. i fear a nightmare in the near future. especailly if i dont end up getting the fare i purchased.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Thanks for finally making a master thread.

Here's another issue I just found out: when booking a ticket and getting to the "Edit Traveler Profile" page, I select my NW number instead of CO OnePass number. I click 'Continue' but the reservation still shows my CO number...which means I don't have access to "premium" seats based on my NW plat status.

Also, the seat map did load slow through IE but it also looked funky. It would show row 8, then skip 3 rows, show row 9, skip 3 and show row 10, and then rows 11-19 were right next to each other and then everything after 19 skipped three rows, but still had proper row numbers (e.g. it showed 20, 21, etc.).

-RM

UPDATED: Ok, after trying three times, I had to go ahead and purchase the ticket to get the last seat. It still wouldn't keep my NW number so I selected seats based on my CO (non-elite number) and purchased the ticket. After going to 'My Account', my Northwest number *IS* in the reservation and I can then go back into the seat selector to select 'Premium' seats with no problem.

Last edited by RobOnLI; Aug 19, 2006 at 4:15 pm
Old Aug 19, 2006, 9:10 pm

The "Review Ticket Details" page (reviewRevenue.aspx) always says "This ticket is refundable," even for non-refundable fares.

All fare classes including A, C, D, J, and Z appear as "Coach".

Error messages such as "Continental doesn't serve that airport" are missing. Where the page used to show an error, and still does on (for example) car searches, there is now just an empty line in the HTML, like this: <span id="ctl00_ContentInfo_OandD_Destination_lblFieldEr r" class="fError"><BR></span>

Last edited by Moriens; Aug 19, 2006 at 9:19 pm
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
When viewing current reservations the red waitlist designation is no longer appearing when flights are waitlisted.

It was showing up last week.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Moriens
The "Review Ticket Details" page (reviewRevenue.aspx) always says "This ticket is refundable," even for non-refundable fares.

All fare classes including A, C, D, J, and Z appear as "Coach".

Error messages such as "Continental doesn't serve that airport" are missing. Where the page used to show an error, and still does on (for example) car searches, there is now just an empty line in the HTML, like this: <span id="ctl00_ContentInfo_OandD_Destination_lblFieldEr r" class="fError"><BR></span>
You mean all those tickets I bought yesterday weren't refundable?!!

Change flights will not work for me beyond a flight search...

Addition is messed up in the mileage calculator.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta. Silver
Help please. It must be my fault.

I've read the problems that other people are having. If everybody was having the same trouble as me, I'm sure there would be uproar!
I can't search for and therefore book any flights at all.
I put in my dates, departure and arrival etc. All the usual bits, tick the boxes etc. (I have been successful in the past). I hit search, screen defaults back to the front page with all boxes empty. Every time.
Any computer wizard out there could shed any light!
Best Wishes
Old Aug 20, 2006, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by duckhook503
I've read the problems that other people are having. If everybody was having the same trouble as me, I'm sure there would be uproar!
I can't search for and therefore book any flights at all.
I put in my dates, departure and arrival etc. All the usual bits, tick the boxes etc. (I have been successful in the past). I hit search, screen defaults back to the front page with all boxes empty. Every time.
Any computer wizard out there could shed any light!
Best Wishes
It would probably help if you (and others) posted the browser (and version) along with the problem you are experiencing. In this case, can you try with another browser (ex: IE if using Firefox, Firefox if using Safari)? Some of these things are browser specific. Knowing which browser causes the problem certainly helps in diagnosing and fixing them!
Old Aug 20, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta. Silver
You are probably quite correct. However being computer iliterate, Internet Explorer is about the best I can do.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: CO Plat - AW Plat - AA Gold - SPG Plat - HH Gold - HY Gold - WBR - Alpha Phi Omega - GO CANES!
I think this needs to be fixed more than anything:

The button for courtesy hold is missing.

Also, I had issues with veterans advantage, and when I called to book the flight, all the agent's flights were showing minor time differences - a couple minutes either way from what the site showed.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 4:39 pm

Programs: Continental, UA
Originally Posted by suitcasejockey
I think this needs to be fixed more than anything:

The button for courtesy hold is missing.

Also, I had issues with veterans advantage, and when I called to book the flight, all the agent's flights were showing minor time differences - a couple minutes either way from what the site showed.

Courtesy hold issue: You must first log in to your OP account before searching for flight. Searching for flight first and then logging into OP account will not display the "Reserve" button.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 7:02 pm

Programs: CO,UA,US,DL,AA
Exclamation

The booking system sometimes does not recognize Amtrak train station in Philadelphia as a virtual airport. I tried ZFV-PEK, ZFV-NRT and ZFV-HKG. Only the first one worked. For the other two, I got the message "! Please enter a valid city name, airport name or airport code."
Old Aug 21, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: CO - silver, dl plat, spg plat, Marriot plat
While using the mileage calculator, i have experienced the following error. (I am assuming that it is an error.) On a discount ticket NOT purchased at continental.com, it should be 50% EQM's; however, it is still giving a "continental.com Elite Bonus."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.