Embraer RJ145 Seat Question

Old Aug 8, 06, 12:25 pm

Programs: Silver again!
Originally Posted by puddy
I don't understand 2A. Why wouldn't you go with 1A?
A couple reasons -- first, it seems like a lot of times it's already full when I book a flight, so just no opportunity. But I also like having storage space in front of me when at times an FA hasn't let me use their closet.

It's been awhile since I took 1A, but I also remember thinking I might have been able to stretch my feet out more in 2A if I didn't have a bag under my seat than in 1A with the bulkhead. But I'm not positive on that one.
Old Aug 8, 06, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by Mile-Hor
A couple reasons -- first, it seems like a lot of times it's already full when I book a flight, so just no opportunity. But I also like having storage space in front of me when at times an FA hasn't let me use their closet.
It's always taken because, for some unknown reason, CO does not mark 1A as an elite seat on the seating chart.

CO Insider - Why is 1A on the ERJs not treated as an elite seat? Is it possible that CO would reconsider and begin treating 1A as an elite seat? It really would be nice to have access to that seat reserved for elites, as it's one of the few "good" seats on the ERJs. Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 06, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA *G
And technically it's a bulkhead/front row/whatever, hmm.
Old Aug 9, 06, 1:29 pm

Programs: US-Silver; UA-Premier; Hhonors Diamond
RJ-145 Seats 3 B or C ?

How about the bulkhead seats in row 3? They are quite roomy I think. They used to be GREEN on seatguru but now they're not.....anyone know why? Were the seat configurations changed in row 3?

Tregate
Old Aug 9, 06, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tregate
How about the bulkhead seats in row 3? They are quite roomy I think. They used to be GREEN on seatguru but now they're not.....anyone know why? Were the seat configurations changed in row 3?

Tregate

I believe that there is less legroom due to the bulkhead.
Old Aug 9, 06, 2:10 pm

Was this a recent change? Because I've sat in those seats even back in early July 2006 and they seemed extra spacious (thus the 'green' on seatguru).

Originally Posted by MBM3
I believe that there is less legroom due to the bulkhead.
Old Aug 10, 06, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by Tregate

Tregate
3B/C are somewhat extra-spacious, but probably not if you're over 5'11" and definitely not as spacious as 1A.
Old Aug 12, 06, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
RJ145 seating

I fly on RJs out of MCI quite frequently. I no longer risk 12B - too many POS end up in 12C. Occasionally if i can snag 12A I'll do that, but the shorter armrests are a bit of a negative for a longer flight. I went through I phase of 1A, 2A, 3A, but yes, it's a lot colder up there, and also MUCH noisier because of proximity to both front doors. Also from 1A or 2A you've got to go backwards to at least row 3 to collect any belongings put in the overheads. I won't sit in 3B or C - leg room is too restricted by the bulkhead. Conclusion - now I'm happy with an A seat in about rows 5-7: not too cold, have overhead storage, not too far back (and lets not forget how noisy this plane is way back by the engines!), and they make for an easy exit upon arrival. Any A seat beats a POS spilling over into my space even in a exit row B seat!
Old Aug 20, 06, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by hangpilot
I fly on RJs out of MCI quite frequently. I no longer risk 12B - too many POS end up in 12C. Occasionally if i can snag 12A I'll do that, but the shorter armrests are a bit of a negative for a longer flight. I went through I phase of 1A, 2A, 3A, but yes, it's a lot colder up there, and also MUCH noisier because of proximity to both front doors. Also from 1A or 2A you've got to go backwards to at least row 3 to collect any belongings put in the overheads. I won't sit in 3B or C - leg room is too restricted by the bulkhead. Conclusion - now I'm happy with an A seat in about rows 5-7: not too cold, have overhead storage, not too far back (and lets not forget how noisy this plane is way back by the engines!), and they make for an easy exit upon arrival. Any A seat beats a POS spilling over into my space even in a exit row B seat!
I'm normally a US/*A flyer, but am in MSP at the moment so putting the miles in on CO.

Anyway, I'm flying MSP-EWR-MAN next month. On the advice of this thread I've taken 12A on MSP-EWR. Thanks for the hint!

On COs reservation website for the EWR-MAN (757-200 intl) row 17 is an exit row seat. However, when i look on seat guru row 16 is listed as the exit row.

Who is right? I will be mightily be pissed if I am right behind the exit row, watching what could have been!

As a no-staus flying on a bargain fair (I?) the chance of an op-up are precisley zero, i suspect.
Old Aug 20, 06, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by superburger
On COs reservation website for the EWR-MAN (757-200 intl) row 17 is an exit row seat. However, when i look on seat guru row 16 is listed as the exit row.

Who is right? I will be mightily be pissed if I am right behind the exit row, watching what could have been!

As a no-staus flying on a bargain fair (I?) the chance of an op-up are precisley zero, i suspect.
I see rows 15 and 16 as exit rows on both Seat Guru and CO's web site (both on their plane maps, and seat selection view).

COs seat maps do not show 16D,E & F for some reason - but they are there! (Presumably for assignment at the airport only?)

I'd say the chances for an upgrade internationally are minimal even to a Plat - you fly what you pay is what I've heard, and "we don't upgrade anyone" on international flights from check in agents I ask nicely if they need anyone to UG on today's flight! CO seem to be good at not overselling international flights to the point of needing to OUp people.
Old Aug 21, 06, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by hangpilot
I see rows 15 and 16 as exit rows on both Seat Guru and CO's web site (both on their plane maps, and seat selection view).

COs seat maps do not show 16D,E & F for some reason - but they are there! (Presumably for assignment at the airport only?)

I'd say the chances for an upgrade internationally are minimal even to a Plat - you fly what you pay is what I've heard, and "we don't upgrade anyone" on international flights from check in agents I ask nicely if they need anyone to UG on today's flight! CO seem to be good at not overselling international flights to the point of needing to OUp people.
That's where I went wrong - 16 is not showing, so 17 looks like it's got bags or legroom. you're probably right about 16DEF being airport only. I've bagged 15, which seems like a good seat.

Thanks for the info. I've not flown CO for about 5 years, so it will make a change, anyway.
Old Aug 21, 06, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's where I went wrong - 16 is not showing, so 17 looks like it's got bags or legroom. you're probably right about 16DEF being airport only. I've bagged 15, which seems like a good seat.

Thanks for the info. I've not flown CO for about 5 years, so it will make a change, anyway.
Only Platinums are permitted to pre-reserve exit row seats online. There's a chance your seats may be reassigned.
Old Aug 21, 06, 10:43 am

Row 16 is the row you want on the 757-200....a little extra legroom, but all in all that plane is very cramped on long-hauls.

I'm normally a US/*A flyer, but am in MSP at the moment so putting the miles in on CO.

Anyway, I'm flying MSP-EWR-MAN next month. On the advice of this thread I've taken 12A on MSP-EWR. Thanks for the hint!

Old Aug 21, 06, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
On the CO international 757-200, seats 16DEF are reserved for crew rest. They most definitely *ARE* there. They can only be assigned at the airport, if they are available.

...but none of the last few comments have anything to do with the ERJ seats...

Search this Thread