Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:07 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
can't change seat assignments

I seem to not be able to chance my seats for my flights this week....anyone else have this problem??
Old Aug 1, 2006, 5:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yet another US night where the continental.com site is down. This is not easy for those of us who are in Europe trying to make / change reservations!

Any update on how many nights Continental will need to fix this mess?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 7:17 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

"Current" reservations listed in "Past"/premium 1st seats?

This mornings observations:

Yesterday a reservation that was listed in "current" for next February got moved overnight to my "past" reservations and I have no idea how to restore it to "current" reservations....

Since when are there premium seats in FC on Domestic flights? Is that a fluke or something new?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 7:24 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Um, not really true. Its now 9:41PM ET and I still have access to another person's account. That person, GH, who was in 7A on both of his segments on 8/2, has now been upgraded to 1 E on the outbound. GH also has been upgraded on his return, with no seat assigned.

I still can assign 'pets' to his reservation and can book him a reservation at the Austin Hilton for 199.00. I probably can cancel his reservation or put him in 22B

All this on a $242.11 ticket. His ticket was bought with an Amex card that expires 3/9.

Something is still very wrong.
At 9:24 AM ET, still no change. I still have access to GH's reservation and can now check him in.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by david4455
Since when are there premium seats in FC on Domestic flights? Is that a fluke or something new?
Well, there have always been FC seats held for special needs passengers that were not assignable online. It seems that these seats (such as 1A/F on the 752-BF) are now showing up as "Premium" on the new website. However, elites in coach aren't able to select premium seats in coach, so it's unclear if, when that issue gets fixed, elites will now be able to select these "premium" seats in FC, probably with a warning (a la the exit row warning) that the seat may be reclaimed by a passenger with special needs.

The short answer to your question is -- I don't know yet.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by iriefrank
Hilarious, whether this is real or not.
Google "Sheldon H. Hochheiser"...

He's real. I don't know whether hoch66 is really him, but it ain't a made-up name.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:38 am

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I seem to not be able to chance my seats for my flights this week....anyone else have this problem??
Read the previous threads. It's a problem for everyone.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This is a perfect example of why enterprise class IT environments should not be using Microsoft products for large-scale mission critical developing. One little wrong block of code somewhere or one programming mistake and you open a security hole you can drive a truck through.

I hope everyone who has been following this thread who is a decision maker in their business recognizes this issue and learns from it - do not use Microsoft products for your high visibility mission critical deployments. Too much room for error, and you can see the consquences.

As for issues: it appears the blue title bar problem I saw since launch was either resolved or it had to do with my screen resolution. I don't see it on my office laptop.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:44 am

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
Hmmmm....Just tried logging in with OnePass # & password and a website not secure warning message popped up.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3 MM
Just tried looking up a newly minted itin with the ticket confirmation number. It does not appear to be working.

Just my .02, I don't like the new website. I liked the old one better, at least if you putting something new on the web, I would think the bugs would be worked out to the point that the major options work correctly, not to mention the incorrect fare class coming up all the time.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:18 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
A.net weighs in.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
This is a perfect example of why enterprise class IT environments should not be using Microsoft products for large-scale mission critical developing. One little wrong block of code somewhere or one programming mistake and you open a security hole you can drive a truck through.

I hope everyone who has been following this thread who is a decision maker in their business recognizes this issue and learns from it - do not use Microsoft products for your high visibility mission critical deployments. Too much room for error, and you can see the consquences.

As for issues: it appears the blue title bar problem I saw since launch was either resolved or it had to do with my screen resolution. I don't see it on my office laptop.
No, no no. I'm certainly NOT an MS fan for big apps, but this deployment has NOTHING to do with why. I've seen issues like CO's creep up in enterprise Java apps as well. This seems to be purely a matter of haphazard design, bad regression test planning and execution and rush to market. It has NOTHING to do with the technology chosen.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:39 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
Can one of you guys contact continental.com support and let them know their web site is not accessible from large parts of Europe?

See http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/2909412/

I tried to send an email to CO from continental.com, but they asked me for my CO Onepass #, which I do not have and nbot intent to have.

Thanks

Jano
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rapopoda
No, no no. I'm certainly NOT an MS fan for big apps, but this deployment has NOTHING to do with why. I've seen issues like CO's creep up in enterprise Java apps as well. This seems to be purely a matter of haphazard design, bad regression test planning and execution and rush to market. It has NOTHING to do with the technology chosen.
I have to disagree. Sure, problems exist with other design technologies, but nothing like Microsoft. With Unix, Java, Oracle, etc..stability and security are assumed until someone makes a mistake and designs problems into the solution. With Microsoft, the whole platform is a problem waiting to happen, and your programmers need to work diligently to plug all the holes, gaps and inconsistencies to bring out a secure a stable solution.

For the aeronautical oriented out there, the analogy I can offer is the difference between dihedral and anhedral wing surfaces...one is inherently stable until acted upon by force, while the other is inherently unstable until corrected by force. When you're doing something big, financially vital and visible to your customers, obviously you want to choose the most stable and predictable solution.

It's a case of the exception vs. the norm. I will not waver from my assertion that outside of small business packages, office productivity, desktop operating systems and file/print server operating systems, Microsoft does not create enterprise class or safe/secure application design/hosting solutions.

I don't know what drove CO to .NET, and I won't speculate about it, but I believe they should have stuck with enterprise class, safe, secure and highly available solutions for their web front end.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I have to disagree. Sure, problems exist with other design technologies, but nothing like Microsoft. With Unix, Java, Oracle, etc..stability and security are assumed until someone makes a mistake and designs problems into the solution. With Microsoft, the whole platform is a problem waiting to happen, and your programmers need to work diligently to plug all the holes, gaps and inconsistencies to bring out a secure a stable solution.

For the aeronautical oriented out there, the analogy I can offer is the difference between dihedral and anhedral wing surfaces...one is inherently stable until acted upon by force, while the other is inherently unstable until corrected by force. When you're doing something big, financially vital and visible to your customers, obviously you want to choose the most stable and predictable solution.

It's a case of the exception vs. the norm. I will not waver from my assertion that outside of small business packages, office productivity, desktop operating systems and file/print server operating systems, Microsoft does not create enterprise class or safe/secure application design/hosting solutions.

I don't know what drove CO to .NET, and I won't speculate about it, but I believe they should have stuck with enterprise class, safe, secure and highly available solutions for their web front end.
No. All of the issues that have been presented to this point are design issues nothing is inherent to .Net. The session security mistakes can easily crop up with a Junior J2EE developer implementing. Believe me, I have my issues with MS/.NET. Nothing that has cropped up in CO's site, that I can see, that is endemic to .NET. Design, plan and test are the issues here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.