Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
CO Insider,

Could you please address the privacy issue and the ability to see other people's intineraries and information? This is, by far, the most serious problem with the site. The fact that CO is continuing to allow this site to be operational places them in serious risk.

If the data people are seeing is simply test data, please let us know that. However, since it hasn't been mentioned, I suspect that it is real data. And if that is the case, then CO owes it to some of their best customers an explanation of how and when this is going to be resolved.

I realize this is a tense time at CO, but you have a lot of upset customers on your hands that need to be assured that someone is actually in charge and has a plan to fix all of the issues.

Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Scott, add:
Bulk head rows still show blue in seat map like 5D on a 737, eventhough they are not available until checkin.

Exit rows show not available for Plat Elite.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
The data for other people's reservations...

I have strong reasons to believe that this is other people's real data we're seeing, not test data. I don't wish to say any more about this in a public forum but I add my voice to those emphasizing that it must be solved immediately.

Please test these new websites more thoroughly before going live - for expected and reasonably probable consequences. I can only imagine the avalanche of communications with CO about this.

From CO's viewpoint it would be wise to get it fixed before this data integrity breach headlines in the NY Times or CNN.

RTS
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:31 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MileagePlus, HiltonHonors
There's still a problem with the langauge selection. Clicking "Espanol" in the upper right corner produces a page that's partially in Spanish, but then pressing "English" does not bring back the English page. Indeed, the only way I've found to do so is to close my browser and start all over.

Of course, this glitch pales in comparison to being able to access other passenger's records...

Last edited by senatorgirth; Jul 31, 2006 at 5:08 pm
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
And I still can't book any flight from TUS, PHX or LAX to anywhere after 1/1/07.

RTS
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
The scary thing (to me anyways) is that the issue of seeing other people's reservations was reported on this forum, in this thread yesterday at 9:29 PM by "holland", post #126.

Since then, it has been reported numerous times by other individuals (including me).

Why was it not on COInsiders list of issues being looked at? It's been almost 24 hours and is pretty scary to think it is still going on.

This is a very serious issue and outweighs any of the other things being worked on, IMHO. Could we please receive an update?

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
I've been checking the site all day. I've been paranoid about someone seeing my IAH-NRT-BKK trip next week & doing something malicious. So far it's ok!

I've not seen any other people's trips today. And I've noticed a lot of cosmetic issues (mostly browser compatibility) fixed.

I just tried to renew my prez club membership. A few days ago if I had renewed (for 3 yrs) before the end of today I'd get 6 mos free. I was going to renew mine & my biz partner's. Now it won't give me the free 6 mos so to heck with that!

This is a really poor roll out. My company is in the web-based application business. We approached CO (we're walking distance from their offices) about doing work where they have no resources (not work on co.com but just overlow stuff - the sort of features they mentioned at the DO that they'd do if they had resources!) I got a very condescending dismissal from a man I won't name.

If we did this sort of shoddy work we'd be fired, sued, beat, sued, shot, sued again, and then, after it was all fixed, shot & sued yet again.

And I'll keep flying only CO/NW even though they won't do business with me...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Here’s the latest update regarding our open and resolved issues.
Minor issue:
When displayed on a wide screen monitor the body of the page is centered but the menu/task bar is left justified. A confusing user experience though it has no effect on functionality.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by J.Edward
When using Safari (2.0.4, Build 419.3) on OS X 10.4.7 I am unable to see the "Latest News and Offers", aka Prop Box, tab (it's the blue box which sits in the upper section of the screen to the right of "FLIGHT / HOTEL / CAR" tabs, below the menu bars "OnePass FF, Products and Services and About Continental" and above the "Print Boarding Passes, Check Flight Status and OnePass Sing In"). I'm guessing you guys have larger issues to deal with right now than making sure the prop-box works, but should you wish to start the "fine tuning" phase, there's a small job which needs to be done.

Good Luck
J. Edward is correct about this. I did not notice it before, then again, I don't tend to get upset when I miss advertizing. Using same OS X and Safari build... hey, J.Edward, did you swipe my computer?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:50 pm

My ex-wife is a writer for the Chicago Tribune, so I am going to see if she can come up with a story on the privacy violation.

Last edited by mbmiles88; Jul 31, 2006 at 5:37 pm
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by CO Insider
Resolved Issues
- Receipts requested from the Manage Reservations section are now getting sent
The "View Receipt" link works for some, but not all, of the reservations I have under "Manage Reservations." Additionally, for those reservations that DO show a receipt, the formatting of the receipt is all screwy (perhaps it's simply re-designed, but if so, the design is not very easy to read).
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
continental.bomb

I'm thrilled I finally get to experience .bomb first hand, as I've never been to United's site more than brief moments.

If you get to this page and are not in US/Canada or United Kingdom and therefore click on the "e-mail" link, you are seing the same exact page! Haha.

Last edited by sjefenole; Jul 31, 2006 at 6:57 pm Reason: I made a stupid URL which has been edited
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
I cannot add a half-flown reservation back to my account. It can only be retrieved manually. Other reservations returned.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:34 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Thank you flyer111, Vulcan , redtailshark and others for your PMs regarding this issue. The source of the problem was quickly identified and resolved as of 4:45PM CDT today. At no time was any customers' financial information disclosed. Over the next day, we'll be looking into all online reservation changes and cancellations that happened during this period to ensure none of them were caused as a result of this issue.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Ole, please delete your SID part from teh URL, people can get into your web session....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.