Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:48 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
CO Insider,
Thank you for your list (#98)
Please consider a 'view all reservations' in 'Change/View Existing Reservations' instead of only 15 per page.

I have always liked the CO site above any other airline.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:18 am

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
Give them time... it'll be fixed...

One thing is for certain... it is a faster website which was quite an annoying issue for some time.

I suspect CO's IT folks expected major bugs and anticipated faster and better QA by releasing the new code into production knowing that the members of Flyertalk would provide sufficient bug reporting. Think of the money they saved CO!

I noted the seat assignment problem to their tech support via the online page. I got a generic reply about updating the functionality. I snickered when the link to the customer satisfaction survey did not work.

It's probably all hands on at the IT department therefore the removal of the CO phone number to call them.

Being in the IT business, it would behove the people at the top of the IT chain of command to review what occurred this past weekend. Regardless of what we think personally or professionally, i.e. Cigarman, this upgrade warrants a review of procedure and QA oversight.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Wow, what an active thread.

Being in the IT biz, I think this site was rushed out too quickly and somewhat disappointing. There are too many instances of poorly placed widget labels, combo boxes that cannot display the full contents, a few links that didn't work as expected, etc.

But worst of all: last night I had access to 3 itineraries for people I do not know. I looked at their seats, receipts, etc. I could have canceled their flights! It makes me worry about my flight IAH-NRT-BKK next week!

Surely a lot of this small issues are being addressed quickly. The big issue, getting itineraries that are not mine, has not happened again.

As this site is evolutionary rather than revolutionary, the rollout is somewhat disappointing. But it'll be just fine soon & I'll be happy to take advantage of it as much as I can!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by cova
I go to co.com (without logging in) and now I see a reservation for someone having gone from BNA to GDL on July 5 returning (today) on July 31. This is from another computer I exclusively use - not the one used yesterday.

I see their names, seats, onepass number, email, phone numbers etc. There are two people on the reservation. Their names & onepass number are nothing close to mine.

This is a MAJOR problem and security issue. CO needs to go back to old system ASAP. Cigarman - this is not just a couple of glitches - but a major security and privacy issue!

And the same person keeps showing everytime I open co.com!
Using IE v6.
This is absolutely unacceptable and needs to be remedied immediately, even if it means reverting to the old site until the glitches are repaired.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:41 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
When AA released an updated web site several years ago, they didn't cut over to the new one cold turkey. They released new.aa.com and invited their elites to try it for several weeks. The old site remained alive at www.aa.com so if you found a bug on the new one at least you wouldn't be dead in the water. Only after an extensive testing period was their old site replaced with the new. Seems like a very basic software rollout strategy that could have been used here. Time for new management in IT.

We're now at about 48 hours with the new co.com and it's still a mess. They really need to wave the white flag and restore the old site.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:53 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Yes. It would have been wise to leave an access point to the old system, something like www.onepass.com, at least temproarily. Now even that address takes you to the new system.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:56 am

Unhappy

Another minor but really annoying glitch - Baggage Tracing.. Lost bags Friday, tried all weekend to trace them online, but the page directs me to "enter the File Reference number and last name in boxes below". Would be easy enough if there were actually boxes on page! This would explain the 30+ minute hold times to Baggage Resolution Center all weekend, which I of course had time for... Grrrr! Haven't even tried to log in yet, am too afraid!

Robin
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:03 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
There is also an issue with error messages. Searching for flights/times, I will encounter the message:

"! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions. "

But, there IS no message below and no indication what, if anything, is there error. Sigh.....
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:46 am

Programs: CO Platt,Hilton Dmnd,Marriott Platt,Hertz Presidents Circle,Avis Preferred Select
Originally Posted by joslire
Wow, what an active thread.

Being in the IT biz, I think this site was rushed out too quickly and somewhat disappointing. There are too many instances of poorly placed widget labels, combo boxes that cannot display the full contents, a few links that didn't work as expected, etc.

But worst of all: last night I had access to 3 itineraries for people I do not know. I looked at their seats, receipts, etc. I could have canceled their flights! It makes me worry about my flight IAH-NRT-BKK next week!

Surely a lot of this small issues are being addressed quickly. The big issue, getting itineraries that are not mine, has not happened again.

As this site is evolutionary rather than revolutionary, the rollout is somewhat disappointing. But it'll be just fine soon & I'll be happy to take advantage of it as much as I can!

This is completely unacceptable! How can we protect personal information: credit card info, home and email address, upcoming trips and account balance.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
Can't wait for this trip!

to on Sat., Oct. 21, 2006
to on Sat., Oct. 21, 2006
to on Tue., Oct. 24, 2006
to on Tue., Oct. 24, 2006
This reservation has been eTicketed and confirmed.
Flight Details:
Depart:
9:30 a.m.
Sat., Oct. 21, 2006
Arrive:
2:47 p.m.
Flight Time:
Flight: 1594
Fare Class:
Meal: None
Change Planes. Connect time in is .
Depart:
3:50 p.m.
Sat., Oct. 21, 2006
Arrive:
5:17 p.m.
Flight Time:
Flight: 3175
Fare Class:
Depart:
12:10 p.m.
Tue., Oct. 24, 2006
Arrive:
1:40 p.m.
Flight Time:
Flight: 2447
Fare Class:
Change Planes. Connect time in is .
Depart:
2:20 p.m.
Tue., Oct. 24, 2006
Arrive:
3:59 p.m.
Flight Time:
Flight: 695
Fare Class:
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
Express Jet now flying 737s?

Flight CO695
Tue., Oct. 24, 2006 at 2:20 p.m.
Continental flight 2447 operated by ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. dba Continental Express.
Equipment - Boeing 737-900
Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental) to Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Class: Economy (L)
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Stripe
When AA released an updated web site several years ago, they didn't cut over to the new one cold turkey. They released new.aa.com and invited their elites to try it for several weeks. The old site remained alive at www.aa.com so if you found a bug on the new one at least you wouldn't be dead in the water. Only after an extensive testing period was their old site replaced with the new. Seems like a very basic software rollout strategy that could have been used here. Time for new management in IT.

We're now at about 48 hours with the new co.com and it's still a mess. They really need to wave the white flag and restore the old site.

This is how CO did it with the previous site several years ago. I think there even was an incentive for booking at new.continental.com to encourage people to try it out.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by channa
This is how CO did it with the previous site several years ago. I think there even was an incentive for booking at new.continental.com to encourage people to try it out.
Heck, even Pizza Hut did it that way.

I guess Continental is no Pizza Hut.

This is just a bad IT decision.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by radonc1
Has anyone (reading this) bought a revenue ticket today using the new site?

Yes, I tried to purchase a ticket using my Amex CC that the web site had on file for at least the past 3 years. Tonight, it said my CC information was incorrect. I went to the edit form, and refilled all of the spaces with my correct information and it still would not take my CC. I finally gave up (...) However, when I pulled up my confirmed reservations, it was booked and purchased (...)
Same thing happened for me, error messages and suddenly it WAS actually purchased and ticketed.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:08 am

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
Most Expensive Ticket in CO HISTORY???

At the bottom of my ticketed-on-July 19th reward ticket IAH-LGW-IAH:

Current Account Balance $71,277.00
Miles You Can Purchase $4,000.00
Account Balance After Mileage Purchase $75,277.00
1 Reward(s) $75,000.00
Cost of Miles to Purchase $128.00
Fee $35.00
Taxes/Fees $106.08
Total Price $75,000.00

Wouldn't be so bad but I'm in COACH IAH-LGW!!

I can't change my seats on any of my reservations either... still.

Has anyone tried OLCI yet?? What's THAT like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.