Wiki Posts
Search

KLM privatair flight..NO MILES???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2006, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
KLM privatair flight..NO MILES???

I just noticed on CO.com that I get no miles for the KLM 663 flight I have tomorrow, is this correct?

If so, I'm going to have to get a KLM or AF freq.flyer card, I guess? seems like too many miles to miss at 150%

Any other thoughts/advise?
thanks
Old Jul 14, 2006, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by gman67
I just noticed on CO.com that I get no miles for the KLM 663 flight I have tomorrow, is this correct?

If so, I'm going to have to get a KLM or AF freq.flyer card, I guess? seems like too many miles to miss at 150%

Any other thoughts/advise?
thanks
Yes - credit to KL or AF. Could also credit them to NW.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 3:12 pm

Programs: CO Silver
You are not the first.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 3:27 pm

If CO miles are important to you, perhaps you could change your flight?
Old Jul 14, 2006, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MBM3
If CO miles are important to you, perhaps you could change your flight?
Can't Z fare no changes no refunds....I'd looked on CO, but as usual there are small font rules in there. Just signed up online for flying blue...will give that a shot. It says only 40k miles for Gold?!?
Old Jul 14, 2006, 3:50 pm

Please let us know about your experience - I have heard that the Privatair flights are amazing!
Old Jul 14, 2006, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MBM3
Please let us know about your experience - I have heard that the Privatair flights are amazing!
Okay, will do. Bummed about the CO thing. I lived in US 13years and was gold on CO. Moved back to UK and haven't been flying, but now will be flying more again.
I have flights to DUbai on KLM I did in April that I haven't booked yet. I wonder if I can apply them to FB? It would make me silver with this upcoming trip.

I have flown BF a couple of times, so we'll see how this compares. Coming back in business on the 747 from IAH. All I remember about KLM 747's is they look pretty old....
BTW, ABZ-AMS-IAH return in Z fare was £1040. Thought that was pretty good.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, Skywards, Sirrus Gold
What is the logic behind CO not allowing miles on PrivatAir flights?
Old Jul 14, 2006, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
They aren't KLM flights, they're Privatair flights codeshared with KLM. It's not like a regional partner- Privatair planes don't even have a KLM livery.

Since CO and Privatair aren't partners, you get no miles. It's like flying to sydney on an SQ flight with an AF code. No CO miles.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 8:12 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by oopsz
They aren't KLM flights, they're Privatair flights codeshared with KLM. It's not like a regional partner- Privatair planes don't even have a KLM livery.

Since CO and Privatair aren't partners, you get no miles. It's like flying to sydney on an SQ flight with an AF code. No CO miles.

I was in the same boat a few years back, as I flew SZG-AMS on A6 (Air Alps) metal but a KL ticket.

No bueno, but lesson learned.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by N777AA
What is the logic behind CO not allowing miles on PrivatAir flights?
None, in my book. Specifically, it's my personal opinion that when a flight is operated entirely for one airline (as it is in this case), it should be treated like a regular flight operated on a wet-leased aircraft.

Same thing IMO for Colgan flights for NW flyers, etc.

But since I don't run the programs, my opinion doesn't matter

Steve
Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Simple - CO doesn't want its otherwise-BF pax using Privatair.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Simple - CO doesn't want its otherwise-BF pax using Privatair.
I think if Privatair was willing to pay CO, then CO would be more than happy to pass along the miles. But since CO and Privatair are not partners, it ain't happening.
And as CO gets zero revenue, from the ticket or the sale of mileage, they don't give the miles. Simple.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 1:11 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
How does Privatair compare to CO's BF? Price and Confort?
Old Jul 15, 2006, 2:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oopsz
Actually it is a KLM flight, since Privatair as a Swiss company would not have traffic rights to fly from The Netherlands to the US.

Service is operated as KL 663/664 utilising a wet-leased plane from Privat Air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.