Old Jul 2, 2006, 5:54 am

Programs: CO Pt Infinite (1k life)/ 1MM - NW/DL Silver life/1 MM
Real (non-Heiniken) beer.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by carpboy
Agreed. How about a real beer selection on flights too, particularly BF overseas!
Old Jul 2, 2006, 6:44 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
How about Tea? Any other tea drinkers out there? Something other then Lipton or Green Tea like a Bigelow or PickWick flavored teas. If you don't drink coffee selection is kind of limited especially if you want something hot, and I get a little tired of Lipton with Lime.

I won't even suggest it be on the planes, but in the Club rooms maybe?
Old Jul 2, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
What exactly would YOU like changed in the clubs?

I like the idea of soda machines. I agree that for the non-drinkers in the club, this would simplify life when getting a soda. Furthermore, I do not know about other parents, but I would prefer not to have children around the bar area for numerous reasons.
I would like to suggest that the clubs provide fresh milk for coffee or tea. I know that some clubs in Houston and EWR do this, but many do not. I do not like the chemical rich half and half they leave out on the counter for who knows how long (even if it is ultra pasturized). This doesn't appear to be a huge request.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by KosraeTV
How about Tea? Any other tea drinkers out there? Something other then Lipton or Green Tea like a Bigelow or PickWick flavored teas. If you don't drink coffee selection is kind of limited especially if you want something hot, and I get a little tired of Lipton with Lime.

I won't even suggest it be on the planes, but in the Club rooms maybe?
Definitely second the tea suggestion. Even better would be a selection of Mighty Leaf teas.

I'd also like to see a better beer selection and healthy snacks - eating those cheddar cheese slices or Sarah Lee en masse is not the healthiest way to snack when traveling.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:18 am

Programs: Too Many
Make it for those of us that PAY for a membership--get rid of the AMEX Plat free loaders (yes I know you pay some fee for your card, but the club is loaded with Amex people).

All children mandatory to be in family room, not roaming around freely in club screaming and making noise.

Bring some class back to the place--it's really just as noisey in there as it is outside sometimes. I have left the PC to sit in an empty gate area because it's too darn loud.

Lower the price of 'premium wines' in IAH. Come on 9 for a glass--let's not try and gouge those that already paying a fee.

Food--need I say more. And find some way to limit how many cheese packs people take. So sick of seeing people take 10-12 packs of this or that, just because they can. Come on people have some class...
Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I second the beer suggestion. While they're at it, why not offer one or two regional selections at each club? This would add a lot of variety. Each club would have the current standard beers, plus a couple of local favorites. Or maybe even have a premium beer program like what's been done with the premium wines?

I don't like the idea of allowing outside food into the club, or having a delivery service. All that does is increase the amount of trash that has to be picked up in the club, and turns the place into a food court with nice furniture. If you're hungry for something more than the PC offers to eat, take 30 minutes and go into the terminal to get something, and eat it there.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:24 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by texex91
Make it for those of us that PAY for a membership--get rid of the AMEX Plat free loaders.
Source? Oh well, why do I even ask? I suppose you also want to ban the PPass people too.
Lower the price of 'premium wines' in IAH. Come on 9 for a glass--let's not try and gouge those that already paying a fee.
FWIW, the Franciscan Cab. runs about $20 at Costco (when I was there three weeks ago the exact price was $20.99). 4 glasses per bottle = $5 dollars a glass - which is what they charge for that particular wine. In other words, they're selling it to us at cost with no profit margin. I suspect the same to be true of the others.
...And find some way to limit how many cheese packs people take... Come on people have some class...
Yes, that's the pinacle of class: limiting the amount of cheese packets one can take.
So sick of seeing people take 10-12 packs of this or that, just because they can.
Life is hard.

I do agree with you on the noise issue. Perhapes as others have mentioned having a "quiet zone" would be a good win-win solution?
Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Make it for those of us that PAY for a membership--get rid of the AMEX Plat free loaders (yes I know you pay some fee for your card, but the club is loaded with Amex people).
The amex plat costs between $300 and $400/year, and i've never heard of anyone who got one for free. (I'll pay you my annual fee if you tell me of how to get one for free!)
The main reason i have the card is for free PC access, and obviously CO doesnt consider us freeloaders, AMEX pays CO each time i use the club...
Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
How do you know how many of the Amex Plat people there are? And, what's the difference to CO? They get paid for admitting that Amex Plat cardholder to the club each time he/she enters.

Amex Plat cardholders can be just as well-behaved or badly-behaved in the PC as someone who paid for a lifetime PC membership out-of-pocket.

To me, the real improvements regarding noise and crowd control would be quiet zones and polite enforcement by the PC staff when someone is violating quiet zone rules by talking loudly or using a phone.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by carpboy

It seems to me that the "other" beer being offered varies by location. All the PCs I have been in have served Bud and Bud Light. EWR serves heineken on tap. DCA has nothing on tap. AUS serves a local-ish brew, Zeigen Bock (and the bartender always knows to pour me one when I arrive ). I'm pretty sure that I've seen the Zeigen in one of the PCs at IAH.

I'd love to see more localized offerings at the PCs in the system. Anchor Steam in SFO, for instance.

RE the AMEX Platinum card "free-loaders," CO makes $12-15 every time I enter the club. If I enter more than 25 times CO makes more money than if I buy a PC membership directly from them. I can guarantee that I'm more profitable to CO in that regard than someone who just buys the PC membership, as I've definitely visited more than 25 times this year. And for the AMEX members who only visit once or twice, be happy that CO gets some of that incremental revenue. Plus it means that they are flying on CO metal, so CO is making money there (most likely), too.

S.

Last edited by sbm12; Jul 2, 2006 at 2:32 pm Reason: add info re: AMEX
Old Jul 2, 2006, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
All children mandatory to be in family room, not roaming around freely in club screaming and making noise.
I beg to differ. Children need to be as quiet and respectful to others as adults are expected to be. Quiet and respectful children should be allowed anywhere in the club, as they are now. Disrespectful and noisy ones, and the parents who accompany them, should be at home.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 3:59 pm

Programs: CO Pt Infinite (1k life)/ 1MM - NW/DL Silver life/1 MM
Originally Posted by sbm12
It seems to me that the "other" beer being offered varies by location. All the PCs I have been in have served Bud and Bud Light. EWR serves heineken on tap. DCA has nothing on tap. AUS serves a local-ish brew, Zeigen Bock (and the bartender always knows to pour me one when I arrive ). I'm pretty sure that I've seen the Zeigen in one of the PCs at IAH...
PC's used to be great, especially EWR C. Also Sam onboard was so cool.

Now, nada. Ziegen Bock is some AB swill that is bleah.

I've seen nothing that varies by location except ATL used to have some Sweetwater stuff but that went bye bye about a year ago.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: Ex-CO Silver
I would like to receive reliable notification about 7 or 8 minutes prior to actual BF/Elite Boarding. Often, I leave the club too early just to make sure I am one of the first to board, only to end up having to wait at the gate with everyone else because of some delay.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 5:04 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
First off, I think that the Presidents Club is the best lounge operated by a major US airline. This said, I'd encourage the executive that oversees the PC to visit a few Alaska Airlines Board Rooms and the Midwest Airlines Lounge in Milwaukee. The BRs and Midwest Lounge are about half a click nicer than the PCs. My wish list, in order of priority:

1. Reciprocal Lounge Access (Should be approximately the same as lounges operated by NW, but please keep the additional regional partners, i.e. FlyBe, etc.) Also, please keep the list of affiliated lounges correct: for years EVA Air lounges have been listed under the global alliances section as open to PC Members...and I have yet to gain admission to a single lounge.

2. Bring Back Dr Pepper

3. Bring Back Diet Dr Pepper

4. At the DFW AC, they have a small workout room. It would be nice to have a workout room at IAH or EWR for those long layovers.

5. Ok, so whenever I visit a NWA WC, my dad asks if they have soft serve. He claims that at some point in the mid-1990s NWA offered soft serve in MKE. The staff at the MKE WC claim that the soft serve machine was actually in SEA. Also, at the Midwest Airlines lounge they have a fridge with real ice cream. Ice Cream=Happy worldwidedreamer.

6. Don't add a restaurant to the PC. One of the things I like best about the PC is that pretty much everything is included with the membership fee. Visiting a CRC or AC and paying for wifi makes me slightly ill.

7. Bring back more diverse magazines like the Economist, FEER, Time or Newsweek. It's not that I don't love Continental Magazine, but after a few reads even Accounting World seems tempting.

8. This is my most contraversial suggestion...consider giving non-elite PC members elite access for an additional, say $100 per year.

9. Local Beers would be nice. My vote for SFO would be either Speakeasy Prohibition or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

10. Give PC members 2 or 3 PC passes per year to give to friends. I keep on telling people how much nicer the PC is than the RCC, but most of my San Francisco-based friends do not get a chance to enjoy the difference.

11. I know that this one will never happen, but I would love to see Japanese Beer Pouring Machines at every PC.

11. This is the most important change: don't change too much. The PC is already the best lounge network operated by a global US airline. Why mess, too much, with something pretty darn good?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.