Wiki Posts
Search

CO stock as hot as the corn chowder...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2006, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by tuolumne
I'm sorry, but there is something about taking a 757-200 accross the Atlantic that pains me.

But there is something else about taking a 757-200 across the Atlantic that profits Continental. The numbers are clear: the flights are full, they're profitable, in some cases, they're expanding and customers are copying CAL's lead. The most recent carrier to add winglets to its 757 fleet is AA! It works.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by craz
CO just wouldnt beable to keep up with the likes of BA, AA or UA into LHR unless it redid its BF cabin, which isnt going to happen. Or they could leave it as is and way under-cut the others when it comes to what it will charge(not likely).

I like the way CO FAs treats you on board.And they do have a nice fleet of a/c. But their product just doesnt hold up against the competitions in most cases, at least on the Intl Routings.

As for the Stock price, well AMR is floating around its 52 week High. USAir is up there also. atbthis stage I wouldnt be buying any Carrier stock

With regard to the B777 (or maybe the B787), I wonder would CO do a major upgrade on the BF cabin. I have to think that CAL is thinking in this direction. I agree that when (not if) CAL gets into LHR, the carrier is going to have to think through its product. It may want to start thinking about the product for mega long-haul flights such as HKF and PEK. I am not talking about a three-class service, just a greatly refurbished BF on some routes.

Cramer is talking about trading the stock not buying it! He may be on to something there, though CAL doesn't have much liquidity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.