FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   How long does it take for NW miles to post? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/570402-how-long-does-take-nw-miles-post.html)

tbogart Jun 17, 2006 3:14 pm

How long does it take for NW miles to post?

I flew EWR-MSP Sunday a week ago and returned Thursday. I'm still waiting for the miles to post. Both boarding passes show my CO FF# and even my ST Elite Plus status. I don't fly NW that often (I have to reconsider as I was upgraded to F on both legs) and never had to wait this long before. Anyone else experienced delays with partner airline miles recently?

socrates Jun 17, 2006 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by tbogart
I flew EWR-MSP Sunday a week ago and returned Thursday. I'm still waiting for the miles to post. Both boarding passes show my CO FF# and even my ST Elite Plus status. I don't fly NW that often (I have to reconsider as I was upgraded to F on both legs) and never had to wait this long before. Anyone else experienced delays with partner airline miles recently?

Should post tonight....if you don't see them in your account by Monday I'd fax/mail a copy in

kersie Jun 19, 2006 8:10 am

Strangely, my NW miles always take a LOT longer to post than CO or DL miles. The strange part is that DL miles post quicker than NW for me usually.

Conversely, CO miles seem to post to my husband's NW WP account very quickly.

qquark Jun 23, 2006 12:12 pm

Hang on to your boarding pass stub. NW did not post miles from AMS to BOM into my CO one-pass. Thats 4269 miles. When I called CO they said that without the original boarding pass stub they would not credit the miles. I had misplaced it and so I lost out.

Quark

ClayParrot Jun 23, 2006 12:27 pm

Several recent experience with me flying NW IAH-MSP-YYC, the miles have posted in about 10-14 days.

CO 1E Jun 23, 2006 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by kersie
Strangely, my NW miles always take a LOT longer to post than CO or DL miles. The strange part is that DL miles post quicker than NW for me usually.

Conversely, CO miles seem to post to my husband's NW WP account very quickly.

DL used to be really slow to post to OnePass, but now DL flights seem to post as quickly or almost as quickly as CO flights. NW remains relatively slow to post.

channa Jun 23, 2006 7:13 pm

The question is not how long it takes, the question is when do they post.

NW miles generally post to CO on the Tuesday the calendar week following the flight.

So, if you fly
- Saturday --> 3 days
- Sunday --> 9 days

tbogart Jun 23, 2006 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by channa

NW miles generally post to CO on the Tuesday the calendar week following the flight.

So, if you fly
- Saturday --> 3 days
- Sunday --> 9 days

You're so right, channa. My outbound flight was on a Sunday and miles didn't post until Tuesday (9 days later). Which I find quite astonishing, as CO/NW have a very close working relationship.

On * Alliance I never have any 'fears' like this. Miles post within 2-3 days maximum.

puddy Jun 24, 2006 6:53 am

Originally Posted by CO 1E
DL used to be really slow to post to OnePass, but now DL flights seem to post as quickly or almost as quickly as CO flights. NW remains relatively slow to post.

I've noticed this too. I flew DL a couple months ago and the miles posted faster than CO. I had them the next day.

dan1431 Jun 24, 2006 7:26 am

Regarding NW miles they seems to post on Tuesdays as others have said, with regard to DL they seem to post faster to my CO account than my CO miles do.

Dan

channa Jun 24, 2006 8:08 am

You're so right, channa. My outbound flight was on a Sunday and miles didn't post until Tuesday (9 days later). Which I find quite astonishing, as CO/NW have a very close working relationship.

On * Alliance I never have any 'fears' like this. Miles post within 2-3 days maximum.

It's all in how frequently they batch it over. There have been problems with LH taking a while to post to UA at times. And I've experienced some delays getting AQ miles to post to UA.

As for CO, it seems that DL send batches daily -- those miles post to CO very fast. KL and AZ post quickly as well. But NW has always been weekly, and AS is weekly as well (they used to be bi-weekly a couple years ago).

Given that there's likely no standards for mileage transmissions, and they're probably extracting the data and sending it over with a script of some sort (perhaps even a tape in a FedEx), I think about a week is reasonable across partners.

CO 1E Jun 24, 2006 9:29 am

Originally Posted by channa

So, if you fly
- Saturday --> 3 days
- Sunday --> 9 days

Indeed, my Sunday NW flights have posted 9 days later, now that you mention it. On a related note, it seems that CO flights taken on Sundays take an extra day or so to post - i.e., if I fly on a Friday or Saturday, the miles usually post within a day or so; but if I fly on a Sunday, it seems to take about two days, FWIW.