FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Special Offers For Giftclub Members (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/569951-special-offers-giftclub-members.html)

justheguy Jun 16, 2006 7:54 am

Special Offers For Giftclub Members

Has anyone received any offers from Continental with respect to their Gift Club program? I have never gotten anything eventhough I've been a member since November 2005!!! Where are the offers sent? To one's email address? :(

iriefrank Jun 16, 2006 9:00 am

Do you mean the Travel Club? There has been at least one e-mail. If you didn't get it, you didn't miss much. I wouldn't sweat it.

chasbondy Jun 16, 2006 9:01 am

There have been a couple of offers in my email for it, but they excited me so much I have no remembrance of what they were

UA Insider Jun 16, 2006 9:04 am

The next Travel Club offers e-mail will be sent on 22-Jun. If you do not receive it, send me a PM with your OnePass number and we'll research it.

justheguy Jun 16, 2006 9:09 am

Originally Posted by iriefrank
Do you mean the Travel Club? There has been at least one e-mail. If you didn't get it, you didn't miss much. I wouldn't sweat it.

Yea, the Travel Club. In anycase thanks for your reply.

Mile-Hor Jun 16, 2006 9:22 am

Originally Posted by justheguy
Yea, the Travel Club. In anycase thanks for your reply.

Yeah, sort of a let-down so far, I think. But, I spent $10 and got $25 credit, so that's just fine with me!

justheguy Jun 16, 2006 9:37 am

Originally Posted by CO Insider
The next Travel Club offers e-mail will be sent on 22-Jun. If you do not receive it, send me a PM with your OnePass number and we'll research it.

Thanks Scott. I will let you know if I don't receive the referenced email. I suppose they are sent to one's OP email. (I get normal emails from OP but never anything related to the Travel Program...As a Plat Member in the past 4 yrs I have been reasonably satisfied with Continental's service so far but sometimes incidents like this surprise me..for example having to incessantly call to have travel credits posted to one's Gift Account!!)

nycnnj Jun 16, 2006 12:24 pm

The Travel Club offers have been lackluster, rather crap, so far. I think the best or only offer was a 5% (or something like that) discount on a rental car. You can usually find better deals than that in junk-coupon mailings. I am not sure what benefit there really is in being a Travel Club member, but I hope it improves.

Xyzzy Jun 16, 2006 2:43 pm

I think I've got credit of about $100 in there now. That's not bad for an investment of $10. I wouldn't call that crap.

CO 1E Jun 16, 2006 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
I think I've got credit of about $100 in there now. That's not bad for an investment of $10. I wouldn't call that crap.

Agreed. Getting that $5 for every ticket is a nice little bonus that has added up since the inception of the Travel Club.

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Jun 16, 2006 3:09 pm

One must wonder if any FTers have begun booking all travel for family and friends since getting a Travel Club account, as booking a ticket for anyone gets you the $5 credit. Luckily my girlfriend does not pay much attention to OnePass or its offers (or anything else mileage-related...but she rather enjoys the upgrades, so tolerates my affliction), so I've been booking all of her paid travel lately. She doesn't even ask why...just provides her credit card details and is just glad to have someone else do all the work. Have a friend who travels infrequently on CO who I've managed to book some travel for as well.

I wouldn't doubt some FT'er with a Travel Club account is out there pushing his de-facto travel agency on family & friends who aren't in the know for $5 credits ;)

irotem Jun 16, 2006 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy

Totally true. I agree.

ContinentalFan Jun 16, 2006 10:52 pm

When I first saw that Travel Club, I too was underwhelmed. Admittedly, I skimmed the offer, looking for something dramatic to jump out. Now that I know e-Scott, I'll probably actually read through the details on June 22!

entropy Jun 17, 2006 2:19 am

I thought it wa sa good deal, $25 for $10 investment is good already. $5 for every ticket booked is also a good deal, especially if you, like me, book tons of tickets for family and friends....

Xyzzy Jun 22, 2006 4:29 pm

I just got the email with the special offers...

Enjoy a $50 Discount at ESPN Golf Schools
The quickest way to improve your game.

Interested in shaving a few strokes off your golf game? Achieve your goal by enrolling in ESPN Golf Schools Presented by Lexus. Enjoy the finest golf instruction available and take home complimentary golf clubs from Nike Golf. Plus, as a Travel Club member, you'll receive a $50 enrollment discount. Available in select cities, these one-day courses include:
Beginners Tour®
3-Club Tour™
Power Tour®
To learn more, go to espngolfschools.com.

To receive your $50 discount: Call ESPN Golf Schools at 1-800-642-5528 and mention promotion code Continental Travel Club.

This offer is only valid for new enrollments, cannot be combined with any other offers and cannot be redeemed for cash. The discount offer expires July 20, 2006, and you must attend a school by Dec. 31, 2006.

Continental Airlines Vacations
Earn miles, save big on a trip to Mexico.

Travel Club members can earn 5,000 bonus miles* and save up to $200 as they relax on the beaches of Cancun, Riviera Maya, Cozumel or Puerto Vallarta and enjoy the luxurious accommodations of Palace Resorts, Occidental Hotels & Resorts or Iberostar Resorts.

Book by July 9, 2006, and travel by Dec. 15, 2006, and save $150 on a stay of four nights and $200 on a stay of five nights or longer.

Purchase your getaway to Mexico at covacations.com and earn 5,000 bonus miles. Use COVMEX150 (for a four-night stay) or COVMEX200 (for a stay of five nights or longer).

* Members must give OnePass number and promotion code at time of booking.

Exclusive Merchandise for Members
Redeem your miles for merchandise.

The following items are available exclusively to Travel Club members for the redemption of OnePass miles:

Apple® 2GB iPod® Nano with JBL® On TimeT - 33,000 miles
Black & Decker Multi Tool Set - 20,000 miles
Coleman Tent and Pair of Sleeping Bags - 19,000 miles
TaylorMade® Rossa Monza Corza Putter and Adidas Crispy Taupe Sunglasses - 21,000 miles
TaylorMade® r7 460 Driver - 33,000 miles
TomTom® Portable Car Navigator Unit - 40,000 miles
Toshiba 15" LCD TV/DVD Combination - 40,000 miles
Xbox 360 Pro System Bundle - 46,000 miles
Mileage amount includes the merchandise, shipping and handling. The merchandise will be shipped within 10 business days of the item closing. These items are only available to The Travel Club @ continental.com members. This offer expires at 9:30 a.m. PST on July 12, 2006. Quantities are limited.

Membership Benefits
Don't forget what you get.

As a member, don't forget about your Travel Club membership benefits:

Receive a $5 travel credit in your continental.com Gift Account for every ticket you purchase at continental.com. Enjoy exclusive opportunities to redeem miles for merchandise - find new exclusive offers in each month's e-mail. Receive special members-only travel offers each month from Continental Airlines Vacations.
The merchandise offers appear to be linked to the CO Auction site but they don't appear to be visible other than via the links in the email. The offer listings themselves state this:

PRIVATE REDEEM NOW LISTING FOR MEMBERS OF THE TRAVEL CLUB @ CONTINENTAL.COM ONLY.
Only members of The Travel Club are eligible to bid on this item. Award subject to verification of membership in The Travel Club @ continental.com.