Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did you divert?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Did you divert?

I'd like to hear about some of the experiences on the international diversions from Sunday's snow storm.

• Prior to leaving, did the ground staff inform you of the possible weather situation?
  • Flight number?
  • Diversion location?
  • How good of a job did the customer service agents do?
  • How well informed did the flight crew (pilots and f/a's) keep you?
  • How well did the f/a's do given the circumstances?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Use this one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525718
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Use it for what? It is a similar topic, but it isn't asking the same questions.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:00 pm
Suspended

I kinda Agree with the OP. The other thread is really about which flights went where. And no posts from anyone who might have been on any of them.

I too am interested in those questions that the OP asked about. The OP wasnt asking what if any flights were Diverted and to where. But is more Interested in how things were handled, were the passengers able to deboard the plane while they awaited clearance to fly into EWR etc?

would also be nice to know if they told about the storm and the most likely having to be Diverted. but tehn all that would ahve been done by Rent-a crew that handles CO flights among many Overseas. would like to know how they taken care of once they landed at their Diverted airport over here, where there are CO crews.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (MM), AA Lifetime Platinum (MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond,
Best to do if possible: When faced with a possible (weather) delay....stay away. I re-booked for Monday before the Sunday flights were cancelled and thus there was still Monday availiblilty, ad I ended up with 1A.

CO does their best to re-acomodate but if the inventory is no longer there .....it's gone. Be proactive. They got me home today just fine but only because I beat the re-acom-rush. (even more important if you prefer rows 1-4!!!!)

Originally Posted by craz
I kinda Agree with the OP. The other thread is really about which flights went where. And no posts from anyone who might have been on any of them.

I too am interested in those questions that the OP asked about. The OP wasnt asking what if any flights were Diverted and to where. But is more Interested in how things were handled, were the passengers able to deboard the plane while they awaited clearance to fly into EWR etc?

would also be nice to know if they told about the storm and the most likely having to be Diverted. but tehn all that would ahve been done by Rent-a crew that handles CO flights among many Overseas. would like to know how they taken care of once they landed at their Diverted airport over here, where there are CO crews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.