Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Elite Miles for flights NOT purchased at continental.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Travel agency purchased (not thru Continental.com) S fare tickets SEA-IAH, IAH-CAE and return. I upgraded the SEA-IAH and IAH-SEA using miles (IAH-CAE is jungle jet with no first class.) Through no fault of mine (train out of service at IAH) I missed the mileage upgraded IAH-SEA leg and was put on a flight out the next morning, in first class (with me having to pay my own meals/hotel costs.)

My elite activity mileage report shows the flight classes as:

SEA-IAH R 50% elite mileage
IAH-CAE S 50% elite mileage
CAE-IAH S 50% elite mileage
IAH-SEA A 100% elite mileage

Questions: R class does not show up on the elite mileage table. Is 50% credit accurate?

Why was I given A class on the next day flight after the missed flight?

If that's truly A class, should I have gotten 150% elite miles per the elite mileage table?

Did I not get appropriate mileage credit (100% for R, 150% for A) or did they make a mistake in giving me A class and 100% in which case I should just shut up and accept what they gave me?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 8:09 am
Suspended

Getting the "A" class was Definitely a Mistake. You really should have been rebooked in "R" which is used when you are Upgraded.

Its happened to me before where my rebooked flight was put into a Fare code that got me 150% credit. CO messed up a much shorter flight as well. seeing that I was way ahead of the game I did as you lasy suggested, I SHUT UP and left it as is. May I suggest you do the same, otherwise surely you will probably get 50% and not the 150% or even the 100% you got.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
R is used for upgrades, so you should get the class you paid for on that. It is not a booking class used for paid first class travel. You may see that flight listed on your OnePass statement as "SR" where "S" is the class you paid for. Regarding the "A" flight, you got lucky.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Yeah, some mistakes are not worth calling CO about, and this is clearly one of them. A mistake was made, but it was definitely in your favor.

It happened to me once when CO upgraded me at check-in at IAH on an AS-operated SEA-ANC codeshare. Not only did I get a first class seat I wasn't entitled to, I got the paid first class fare bonus miles and EQMs. I didn't say a word when the agent checking me in handed me a boarding pass for first class on the AS flight, even though I knew they were not supposed to upgrade me on that flight.

Consider yourself lucky on that IAH-SEA segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.