Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Least delayed EWR outbound Intl flight goes to the 90 to TLV

Old Feb 12, 06, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Orginally set for 10:50pm it left the gate at 11:38pm, thats under an hour delay. Compare that to the 7+to HKG & the 9+ to PEK, the 90 left on time. Least amount of hassle for those who were flying as the werent hanging around EWR all day.

thats if they were NY area based. otherwise they are scattered all around as even the 90 that leaves LAX was cancelled.
Old Feb 12, 06, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
well, it IS their best route!

(and I bet that 777 wanted to get out of the freezing cold and catch some rays...)
Old Feb 12, 06, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
I dunno. I think it's a conspiracy.

Old Feb 13, 06, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
I have to say I'm quite impressed by CO's international recovery effort at EWR. [How they get people to/from their home town is another story.] It's probably also a testament as to where the revenue and profit comes from.

They cancelled very few of their international flights on a day with record snow at a busy hub; and from 7:14pm to just now (around 1am), they sent out about 24 international flights, with 7 of the 777s departing between 8:50 and 12:44 to literally every one of its 777 destination except NRT.

That's pretty impressive.

Compare that with JFK. If the flightaware.com data is correct, they've sent out a total 24 planes from ALL airlines since 7:13pm. ONE single AA Europe-bound flight and THREE from DL.

Last edited by rkkwan; Feb 13, 06 at 12:14 am
Old Feb 13, 06, 12:35 am

A Turkish Airlines flight slid off the runway while landing at JFK. Operations there have been hampered as a result.
Old Feb 13, 06, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That may explain why at EWR if you werent booked on an Intl Flight you were denied Entry to the Terminal. I suspect that meant past Security.

I know this as a friend was flying on the 89 yesterday to PEK and got to TermC around 10:30am, ended up 14 hrs in the PC due to a kind person who took him in as a guest. ( I would have gone home, myself). Told me Only those with Intl tkts were let in the Term.

LGA was Closed till 6am this morn
Old Feb 13, 06, 9:40 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
A Turkish Airlines flight slid off the runway while landing at JFK. Operations there have been hampered as a result.
"Turkish Airlines flight 1 skidded off the runway at 9:20 p.m. as it was landing, said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The flight was arriving from someplace in Turkey, he said."

Sigh. <-- That's all I'm sayin'.
Old Feb 13, 06, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
According to flight info on flightaware.com, that Turkish Airlines A340 was arriving from IAD, after diverting to there earlier.

Search this Thread