Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what to do with 13000 miles ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:40 am

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
If you get 1,000 more miles, you could do two of the 7,500 miles + $29 promos.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (MM), AA Lifetime Platinum (MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond,
One more idea: Why not fly DL but credit your miles earned on the DL segments to your CO account until you have enough to cash them in? Then switch your acumulation to DL. It's a shame to lose them.

Last, I thought Amex membership rewards and Diners club rewards are open to International residents. I know these are options for HK residents.

Originally Posted by LUC
I have about 13000 continental Onepass miles.
I decided not to collect anymore Onepass miles. Whenever I travel on Continental, I will collect Delta Sky miles . Just reducing my number of accounts.

What can I do with 13.000 miles.

PS : I am belgian, travelling frequently to the US

thanks,

Luc
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:33 pm
LUC
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More (FTL), AAdvantage, HH, Marriott Skymiles, Hertz 5 S Gold, Accor,
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
If you move CO miles to Amtrak, you can then move them on to Hilton, ultimately getting 2 Hilton points for every 1 CO point. You can currently stay at any Scandic property for 10K Hilton points. (This is increasing on Oct 1.)

I tried to register for the Amtrak guest rewards.
Seems to be only for US and Canadian citizens ?
In the registration process : country possibilities are only US and Canada ?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:38 pm
LUC
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More (FTL), AAdvantage, HH, Marriott Skymiles, Hertz 5 S Gold, Accor,
Originally Posted by CUSTOMDIRECT
One more idea: Why not fly DL but credit your miles earned on the DL segments to your CO account until you have enough to cash them in? Then switch your acumulation to DL. It's a shame to lose them.

Last, I thought Amex membership rewards and Diners club rewards are open to International residents. I know these are options for HK residents.

Amex membership rewards are open to international resident : I have a SN gold amex card : membership rewards points are going automatically to my SN privilege account.
I don't fly that much CO or DL : only a few US domestic flights per year, so earning miles wouldn't be fast.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
If you move CO miles to Amtrak, you can then move them on to Hilton, ultimately getting 2 Hilton points for every 1 CO point. You can currently stay at any Scandic property for 10K Hilton points. (This is increasing on Oct 1.)
I am in a somewhat similar situation - and want to move 15k to Hilton via Amtrak. But I can not find anything on CO website that instructs me in how to move points to Amtrak. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: hoarding miles
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
I am in a somewhat similar situation - and want to move 15k to Hilton via Amtrak. But I can not find anything on CO website that instructs me in how to move points to Amtrak. Any ideas?

Thanks
you need to call CO to do it.

EDITED to add: Make sure your name is the same on your OnePass account and your Amtrak Guest Rewards Acct, or the miles could get lost in transfer.

To the OP - I'm not sure if you need to be a US citizen to sign up for GR. Maybe call them.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 12:03 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by LUC
I probably will give my onepass miles to charity.

LUC
I know a non-profit that would love to put them to a far more efficient use than Continental's program... It is a peaceful non-profit that works hard to prevent people from getting blown up in a country where CO flies (Colombia), and they have to spend too much of their budget on airfares between the US and Bogotá.

Those 35,000 mile coach rewards from the US to northern South America are a good deal for them ... buying the cheapest coach tickets typically costs at least US $700 for a relatively short flight. And BOG can be more expensive than that.

Please send me a message if you are interested. I can provide the website, reports, etc., if you would like to read them and see if you are interested.

Last edited by perezoso; Feb 15, 2006 at 12:05 am Reason: grammar... ooops.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:02 am

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Question

Last edited by Morad141; Nov 25, 2012 at 4:57 am
Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:22 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
Does CO allow any miles to be directly converted into any hotel programs? Other than via the Amtrak method listed above

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.