Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

On airlinecrew.net: 777 crew rest now first 2 rows of coach

Old Feb 7, 06, 11:07 am
Original Poster

http://www.airlinecrew.net/vbulletin...d.php?t=182938

Don't have the time to read it all the way through, but looks like a result of the latest FA contract negotiation. Maybe it only applies to extra-long haul 777 flights (but then except CDG/LGW, aren't they all). Looks like it's 3-4 years before the bunks can be completed.

I know the FAs need some comfort...and on many 777s on other carriers have bunks, and CO can't get the bunks in fast enough (don't want to take it out of service between checks), but selfishly, this is not stellar.

There is always row 32...but the bathrooms make that a gamble...and we're down to 6 quality seats on the plane. Gotta love consistency.

Any insiders have better details on this? I don't trust these online forums. You get a lot of wackos spreading rumors.

Last edited by cerealmarketer; Feb 7, 06 at 11:19 am
Old Feb 7, 06, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I was told this is the case at the 'do.
Why is this a thumbs down? its good, 4 more BF seats available!
Old Feb 7, 06, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by entropy
I was told this is the case at the 'do.
Why is this a thumbs down? its good, 4 more BF seats available!
Never mind the thumbs down. Didn't know they blocked 4?!?!? BF Seats. Now that was bad.
Old Feb 7, 06, 12:54 pm

Programs: CO Plat, AA Gold, UA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Loews Gold, Marriott Gold, etc. etc. etc
10DEKL were usually blocked on 777 flights requiring crew rest.
Old Feb 7, 06, 1:02 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I have been pushing for no children in bulkheads behind FC and BF. Who wants to pay $$$$ and listen to children cry for hours. Perhaps I succeeded?
Old Feb 7, 06, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cigarman
I have been pushing for no children in bulkheads behind FC and BF. Who wants to pay $$$$ and listen to children cry for hours. Perhaps I succeeded?
Now there's a concept. The second BF cabin can turn into an alcoholics convention when you've got kids screaming in bassinets.
Old Feb 7, 06, 1:39 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Now there's a concept. The second BF cabin can turn into an alcoholics convention when you've got kids screaming in bassinets.

Put in a bar and I'd be in heaven.

-Vincent
Old Feb 7, 06, 1:45 pm

Programs: CO Silver
What about babies in bulkheads in FC? Hope you're not going to HNL in May...we'll be your worst nightmare!
Old Feb 7, 06, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
4 blocked BF seats and another 2 for Marshals. CO was taking a big hit in the BF cabin. Good for them now!
SR
Old Feb 7, 06, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by RamAir
4 blocked BF seats and another 2 for Marshals. CO was taking a big hit in the BF cabin. Good for them now!
SR
Now if only Jeff can be successful shipping the air marshalls back to coach where they belong...then we get the whole cabin back...more seats for CO to sell, more for us to buy, and better opportunities for rewards and upgrades.
Old Feb 7, 06, 3:20 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally Posted by IAH_FLYER
What about babies in bulkheads in FC? Hope you're not going to HNL in May...we'll be your worst nightmare!
I always travel wayyyy back in coach when I take my kids. I try and be courteous to the people paying big bucks. So I sit firmly in priceline land with my SIX children. I think it is unfair to people paying for FC/BF to subject them to my children.
Old Feb 7, 06, 3:54 pm

I always travel wayyyy back in coach when I take my kids. I try and be courteous to the people paying big bucks. So I sit firmly in priceline land with my SIX children. I think it is unfair to people paying for FC/BF to subject them to my children.
I am surprised I would think that of all the children out there yours would be FC enabled!!

My daughter has flown FC several times (thank you NW companion UG's) and BF to Europe on a reward. She is well behaved, and as I have said before on these boards, better behaved then many adults who whine more then a kid in their terrible two's.

I don't use buldheads when traveling with my kids because the armrests don't go up and that makes it harder for them to take naps or to best utilize the soace for the three or four of us (youngest still sometimes travels lap).

And one other thing, six kids!, no wonder your use priceline!!!!
Old Feb 7, 06, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by otralot
I am surprised I would think that of all the children out there yours would be FC enabled!!

My daughter has flown FC several times (thank you NW companion UG's) and BF to Europe on a reward. She is well behaved, and as I have said before on these boards, better behaved then many adults who whine more then a kid in their terrible two's.

I don't use buldheads when traveling with my kids because the armrests don't go up and that makes it harder for them to take naps or to best utilize the soace for the three or four of us (youngest still sometimes travels lap).

And one other thing, six kids!, no wonder your use priceline!!!!
Actually, I don't use Priceline. And my kids are well behaved. But I refuse to be hypocritical when I glare out the other people's kids in FC with their LOUD toys! (there is another thread there!)
Old Feb 7, 06, 4:12 pm

I am with you on the loud toys. Those are a no, no in our family in general. And, headphones for the DVD player are mandatory.

I guess since I don't glare at other people's kids in FC mine can ride there too. Maybe you should stop glaring so the whole family can go in comfort...

Search this Thread