Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Did the DO Reveal What's in Store for CO.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:54 pm
RNE
Original Poster

I've read a lot of posts about elite levels, cigar smoking, European routes, poker games, planes, what a great guy that windbag LK is, simulators, catering food, shoes and ships and sealing-wax and cabbages and kings (enlightening stuff; thank you), but I've read next to nothing about what's in store for CO.com. How about a précis here?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
The travel club will be expanded to give bonus cash for car bookings
Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
but I've read next to nothing about what's in store for CO.com. How about a précis here?
No projections on what is in store for co.com. A question was asked about being able to book more code shares on co.com, such as within Europe, but the response was that it was difficult to pull in availabiity and connect all these disjoint reservation systems.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:51 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
They are planning to add more information in a number of ways:

1) Better visibility into both codeshares and parters inventory when booking.
2) being able to see availability and pricing +- a number of days (sort of like orbitz).
3) more "prompted" upgrade options similar to the "you could have a first class ticket for XXX that's on the display now.
4) I had some discussions with folks about wap.continental.com though I'm convinced that I'm the only person who had ever used it. They are planning some upgrades here, but I didnt' get much detail.

Scott
Old Jan 31, 2006, 6:44 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by entropy
The travel club will be expanded to give bonus cash for car bookings
That would be great.
However, those credits probably won't post either.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 6:55 am

Programs: CO - Plat
Originally Posted by flyboy_421
They are planning to add more information in a number of ways:

4) I had some discussions with folks about wap.continental.com though I'm convinced that I'm the only person who had ever used it. They are planning some upgrades here, but I didnt' get much detail.

Scott
I actually use it quite a bit. Now I wish I had voiced my enthusiasm about it to the CO guys. I completely forgot about it.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 6:59 am

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Garrett,

I think you just did

I'd like to see drastic improvements in the flight status. One option would be a link with stored credentials that gives you the flight status for your next flight, or all your flights for today. This would give you one link to hit to check the gate or status of a flight.

Scott
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:59 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
They discussed placing the total price of a ticket (including taxes and fees) somewhere on the first booking page so that we could get an idea of the total price of a ticket, rather than just the base price.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:09 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by radonc1
They discussed placing the total price of a ticket (including taxes and fees) somewhere on the first booking page so that we could get an idea of the total price of a ticket, rather than just the base price.
^

I had a good conversation with one of the co.com designers who mentioned they're going to take the website to (and I'm going to butcher the name here) "Dynamic Customer Interaction Platform".

Or in other words, it will show you specials, deals, etc. based on your preferences. For example, let's say you live in IAH - you may not care about an EWR-SNN special but may care about IAH-EZE special. As such, the website will think you live in Houston, have traveled to (south)South America before and therefore, may be interested in the route. There are thousands of permutations (for example, I do a fair bit of travel through PDX so it may show me PacNW specials vis-ŕ-vis Latin America) but the point is co.com will be dynamically specialized based upon the user.

Well, it also turns out that they have received negative feedback commenting on the tax not being displayed up front. Yet, OTOH WN, F9 (I think), Orbitz, etc. all show the fares first, tax last and therefore co.com was in a competitive disadvantage. As such, I asked if it would be possible to have a preference box on our OnePass account page that would allow us to see Fare + Tax upfront. Logic being everyone wins; co.com still show fares in the way the competitors do but allow the veterans to view prices the old fashioned ways. Long story short CO is tuned to the idea and they are in the process of building the necessary website tools to make it happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.