New WINE bar opening in PC in time for DO! Really!

Old Jan 25, 06, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
New WINE bar opening in PC in time for DO! Really!

FYI, we're opening our Fine Wine Bar in Terminal E President's Club on Friday.

We'll be serving Jordan Cab, Duckhorn Merlot, Far Niente Chardonnay, and Veuve Clicquot Champagne. All for $9 a glass. We'll also be pouring Stags Leap Chard and a Franciscan Cab for $5 a glass. These are all exceptional values for excellent wines. This will be a 3 month test to see if our members would like to pay for fine wines at a great price. We think they will. We'll continue to offer the same free wines as before. Please feel free to pass this on to those coming in for the event that are planning on meeting up at the P-Club.
Old Jan 25, 06, 11:07 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
That sounds really good. Those are some good wines and great prices for them. Will have to make sure to get some cash before going to the club.
Old Jan 25, 06, 11:08 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Very cool, Jordan's on of my fav's. I kinda wish I wasn't local for the do

Scott
Old Jan 25, 06, 11:17 pm
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past. (IAH, DEN, YKF)
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Sounds good Cigar!

Is there anyway locals can request a gate pass on Friday to access the event at the PClub to avoid buying a Y ticket?

Also, can we look forward to this at all PClubs are just the hubs?
Old Jan 25, 06, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
actually that's a really great idea. I'm up for a glass of VCP to celebrate when I get there
Old Jan 25, 06, 11:42 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Sounds good Cigar!

Is there anyway locals can request a gate pass on Friday to access the event at the PClub to avoid buying a Y ticket?

Also, can we look forward to this at all PClubs are just the hubs?
J. Ed - you better stay away from the wine bar, lest you post another thread like the one from the EWR DO!
Old Jan 26, 06, 12:22 am

Programs: CO Gold
[Is there anyway locals can request a gate pass on Friday to access the event at the PClub to avoid buying a Y ticket?]

I'm also curious about this as "Friend of Family Flier" will be driving to the do and will definitely not mind spending money on Family Flier and his love of $9 glasses of wine and bubbly.
Old Jan 26, 06, 12:38 am
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past. (IAH, DEN, YKF)
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Talking I thought that was forgotten...

Originally Posted by theblakefish
J. Ed - you better stay away from the wine bar, lest you post another thread like the one from the EWR DO!

It's my damn studies! They ruin 1/2 of my weekend nights - and the other half is ruined by travel (but the latter a'int so bad ) Ergo, the J.Edward missed out on the binge college culture and has a very, very LOW tolerance to libations!

As far as the NY do... well someone made this magical drink which involved a) limes b)sugar c)alcohol d) I forget Anyway, J.Edward brought up a bottle of wine (of which he had to have a glass), and then Xyzzy, wendyhamburger, cerealmarketer and wallstreet all had a bottle (of which I had to have a glass of all as to not appear rude ). That, plus a few of those mystery dinks, put J.Edward just a tad, a smidgen if you will, beyond his normal operating procedure.

...And there’s nothing like waking up the following morning, logging on to FT, seeing an outrageous post and thinking to yourself, “Haha! What idiot posted that?”. Then your eyes focus and can begin to make out the little grey letters beneath the thread title; little grey letters that appear oddly familiar. Then it dawns on you – it hits you harder than the hangover! YOU’RE the one who posted the thread. And of course, that calls for another drink!
Old Jan 26, 06, 5:20 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Call me cheap, but I'm just happy to have a free drink or two between, or before, flights. So, I'll be sticking with what's on the house. J.Ed.--that's too funny! I'm guessin' we all have a few stories like that we could share. I mean, except for me.
Old Jan 26, 06, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally Posted by familyflier
[Is there anyway locals can request a gate pass on Friday to access the event at the PClub to avoid buying a Y ticket?]

I'm also curious about this as "Friend of Family Flier" will be driving to the do and will definitely not mind spending money on Family Flier and his love of $9 glasses of wine and bubbly.
This isn't an event. It is simply the first day of a three month test. The official events begin at 7pm friday at the Marriott.
Old Jan 26, 06, 9:25 am

I think this is a great idea, though I am going to arrive at 8 and go straight to the Mariott. What a great choice of brands!
Old Jan 26, 06, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold, UA LT 1K, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Sounds good Cigar!

Isn't there a way to schedule (and pay for) a conference room - and allow attendees to get a gate pass at the counter to attend a meeting at the PC?
Old Jan 26, 06, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by cova
Isn't there a way to schedule (and pay for) a conference room - and allow attendees to get a gate pass at the counter to attend a meeting at the PC?

yes, it is $35 per hour for the room and requires 24 hours advanced notice.

Conference rooms are available for $35.00 per hour at most clubroom locations. Reservations for conference rooms must be made in advance through a clubroom representative. We will hold your room for 30 minutes after the reserved time.
Old Jan 26, 06, 2:35 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Wanaque, NJ -UA-G; SPG-Plat (Lifetime Gold)
I like the idea, but I'm not sure about the choices. Also, how big is the glass?
Stiil its a step in the right direction.
Old Jan 26, 06, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold, UA LT 1K, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MBM3
yes, it is $35 per hour for the room and requires 24 hours advanced notice.

Conference rooms are available for $35.00 per hour at most clubroom locations. Reservations for conference rooms must be made in advance through a clubroom representative. We will hold your room for 30 minutes after the reserved time.
The issue is not getting the room, but getting meeting attendees through security when they are not flying. At the beginning TSA did not allow it, but I think with 24 hour notice with list of attendees - the attendees can get a pass. The 24 hours above is for the CO reservation.
Likely too late for this time.

Search this Thread