Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Schedule for Big CO event Jan 27th/28th when and where to meet etc.

Old Jan 17, 2006, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood

Okay here is the schedule with comments below it. Please ask any questions here and I'll try and answer them.

FlyerTalk.com Event

Agenda

Friday, January 27th
Arrivals
7:00 pm – 12:00 pm Reception Marriott Hotel Ballroom
Cash Bar - 2 complimentary drinks per person
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Fiesta Grande Dinner buffet
Chips and Queso, Salsa, and Guacamole
Mexicali Salad
Chicken Breast Veracruz
Cheese Enchiladas
Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
Beef Fajitas
Refried Beans
Spanish Rice
Mexican Bread Pudding
Mexican Pastries
8:00 pm – 12:00 am DJ/Dancing

Saturday, January 28th

8:30 am – 1:00 pm Group Tours (Early Morning and Late Morning groups)
• Simulators
• SOCC/Larry’s Office/Chelsea 10th Floor BusinessFirst service
• Chelsea/Maintenance/Baggage

2:30 pm – 3:30 pm Hotel – Hangar Shuttle

3:30 pm – 5:30 pm CO Corporate Presentation Hangar E

5:30 pm – 9:30 pm Continental BBQ Team Dinner
Beef Brisket
Sausage Links
Chicken Breast
Beans
Cole Slaw (or Macaroni Salad)
Bread
Cookies
Open bar – beer and margaritas only
Background music

7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Hangar – Hotel Shuttle

Charity Poker game 10 pm at the Doubletree. See stuck thread to RSVP.

Buses will be picking up at the Doubletree, Sheraton, and Mariott hotels for each event. The buses will start running about 6:30pm (maybe earlier) Friday night and will run until about 12:30am to get everyone back.
On Saturday they will run about 8:30 and call at all three hotels on their way to each of the tours. Another set of buses will run about 11 or 11:30am for the second part of each tour (tours are broken up to early and late versions). Everyone will get their tour assignments Friday when you check in at the event. Then you can TRADE with others for a earlier/later version or a different tour. IF you don't make Friday you will have the "joy" of showing up at 8am at the former avis car rental lot to get your assignment. There will be an update on where to park etc later in the week. CO rents the old AVIS lot. So the in town people will drive and park there for the tours. That way we don't clog the hotel lots. The buses will run from there also. Friday night you can just use the airport parking next to the airport marriott. Okay Questions?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 3:52 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Any pre-partying in the Pres Club?

Cigarman et all:

Anyone planning on prefunking in the PresClub on Friday?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Cigarman et all:

I can't reclear security... I arrive wed.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Looks like you put together a good package for everyone. While I cannot make it due to us having shows in Prescott, AZ, Mesa, AZ and Seattle, WA on those days, I wanted to say thanks for taking the time to organize it for everyone

Best
j
Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I arrive at 4:30pm on Fri. I will likely stop by the PC Term E (with my carry on bag). Last DO there was an informal group that had gathered at the PC Term E in the 5 - 6pm time period.

Cigarman - Question: Is the 1pm completion time for the tours - the end of the tour or the return time to the hotel?

I might suggest the out of town folks at the hotels - get the early tours - reverse from before. The second tours tended to run late and those commuting locally might prefer the later tour to run right into the hanger activities.

I am giving consideration to moving hotels on Sat for convenience to poker tournament - reason - difficulty get back to the Marriott late on Sat night.

Last edited by cova; Jan 17, 2006 at 4:54 pm
Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I can't reclear security... I arrive wed.
of course you can!

I'm scheduled to arrive at 6 from OAK. Will be happy to meet people in the Term E PC
Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by entropy
of course you can!
How - do you need to schedule a meeting at the PC club?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cova
I arrive at 4:30pm on Fri. I will likely stop by the PC Term E (with my carry on bag). Last DO there was an informal group that had gathered at the PC Term E in the 5 - 6pm time period.

Cigarman - Question: Is the 1pm completion time for the tours - the end of the tour or the return time to the hotel?

I might suggest the out of town folks at the hotels - get the early tours - reverse from before. The second tours tended to run late and those commuting locally might prefer the later tour to run right into the hanger activities.

After the early tour people will be busesed back to the hotels. The locals can hang out and make an FT do out of it. Eat lunch etc. There is NO way to deal with the complexity of who wants to be on which tour, if they are a local etc. And I know half the locals are early morning people and half aren't. Same with the people flying in. Either way one group gets "punished". That's why we are going to have a trading market friday night. Don't like your tour or time... go trade it!
There is no parking at the hanger. It's secure. You will have to take a bus.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 5:47 pm

Location: Lat. N41., Long. W-75, in the NJ foothills of the Poconos
Programs: Ex-Con Million Miler, UA MM, CO Plat dozen, Onepass member since 1988
Arrow Yes!

Originally Posted by J.Edward
Yes ^ . Which Club is preferred? I arrive 2 PM from EWR. Look forward to seeing you guys & gals!

Heathrow today was a zoo. Be thankful for the hubs we have. After hiking 2 km from check-in to the gate, now I hate the CLE barbie jet tunnel just a little less. But I did get to fly in a real size plane -- boo Airbus, Yeah Boeing! And to @#!! with Embraer and Canadair.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by cova
I land at 4:50 into B (ERJ Heck) but if a group is getting together I could be there by 5:15
Old Jan 17, 2006, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Bernoulli 777
now I hate the CLE barbie jet tunnel just a little less. But I did get to fly in a real size plane -- boo Airbus, Yeah Boeing! And to @#!! with Embraer and Canadair.
See, now I LOVE D at CLE and pretty much hate everything else for RJ's (that stupid bus system in EWR, the newly built then demo'd and rebuilt C at DTW and just everything about MEM)
Old Jan 17, 2006, 6:57 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Do people get to give in their preferences if they want the morning tour or mid-morning long with their choice of A, B or C?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
What type of apparel is appropriate / preferred for the events? I was planning on wearing plain ol' clothes, but "guest nd_eric_77" (aka Mrs. nd_eric_77) has the impression that formal attire is required.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
What type of apparel is appropriate / preferred for the events? I was planning on wearing plain ol' clothes, but "guest nd_eric_77" (aka Mrs. nd_eric_77) has the impression that formal attire is required.

It depends where you're from:

IAH: Business Casual
EWR/NYC: Stylish Formal
SFO/LAX: Shorts and Sandals
DCA: Suit and Tie
Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:30 pm

best part of D is Jody Meronis

Best part of D concourse is Jodi Meroni's. They will make a brat right there in front of you at a decent price. Max and Erma's isn't bad. The rest of the Host Marriot crap is well...crap.

Cheers from CLE...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.