Delta to CO for 6 months........

Old Dec 15, 2005, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat; Delta Plat; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Delta to CO for 6 months........

I am in the process of moving from Idaho to New Jersey. By June 1st I will be flying out of EWR and will be flying 75k to 100k miles a year. For the first 5-6 months of '06 however I must fly Delta through SLC out of ID. I should put an easy 50k miles into an account and am wondering Status wise, would those miles really end up counting towards status on Continental? Or would I be best getting Gold on Delta and then starting fresh on Continental once EWR is my home?
I know what OnePass says in their web-site, but any "real" experience or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2005, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by bigbroinca
I should put an easy 50k miles into an account and am wondering Status wise, would those miles really end up counting towards status on Continental? . . . I know what OnePass says in their web-site
The website is correct.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 3:08 pm

I think if you can stand flying w/o status while you build CO status by flying DL and using a CO number that's the way to go. You aren't going to get much recognition on CO out EWR until you are Plat ( accept for seat selection) so why not get to EWR with 50K and then you are a level away from plat.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA, Delta, SPG, MAR
never any problems getting delta miles as EQMs, it works every time and miles post quickly. the only miles that don't count toward elite are those on Song.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 4:05 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Silver
Originally Posted by const3
never any problems getting delta miles as EQMs, it works every time and miles post quickly. the only miles that don't count toward elite are those on Song.
Do I understand you correctly that if you fly Delta, you still get EQM's on CO? I need a few last minute CO miles to maintain status and trying to understand all my options.

Or are you saying when you fly Delta, you get Delta EQM's?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
If you fly Delta using a Continental FF #, you get Continental EQMs. Depending on the fare class, they will be credited at 50%, 100%, or 150% of actual mileage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.