Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

If You Had The Power, What Flights Would You Add?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:25 am
Original Poster

If CO asked, what flights would you add to the system and why?

EWR-PRG I think this would fill a big gap in eastern europe
EWR-MUC I think there is enough BF traffic to support a flight.

CLE-AMS
AMS makes much better sense for connections and given the potential reduction of service from DL and NW I think CO could garner a lot of the midwest business.

CLE-SNN/DUB
Given the high number of Irish immigrants in CLE, a seasonal flight could do well.

CLE-LAS-LIH-KOA-LAS-CLE
I think CO needs to branch out a bit more amongst the islands and I think this would be a great way of doing it. Beyond the high number of feeder flights from other hubs to LAS, Hawaiians love Vegas.

CLE-AUA
AUA is a popular destination from CLE and I think we could support additional direct flights to the Carribean, even if it is weekly/seasonal.

Last edited by MBM3; Nov 14, 2005 at 9:29 am
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:27 am
Suspended

i'm concerned that the Islip flights have apparently disappeared. hopefully, this is a seasonal adjustment.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:45 am

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
JFK-LGW -- There is no comparrison between JFK and EWR. Depending on the time of day, it is quicker for me to fly to CLE and connect to LGW than to go to EWR
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Oak-ewr
Iah-tlv
Ewr-bey
Ewr-jnb/cpt
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:48 am

Programs: UA GS; DL MM; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Avis First
Iah-anu

I know the EWR-ANU flights are very popluar - even in Summer. I suspect IAH-ANU would be just as popular/profitable for CO.

Plus, CO could eat into AA's grip on the Carribean by helping us to avoid transit in SJU.

JMHO.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:56 am

It would be really nice to have IAH-EFD flights back!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:58 am
Suspended

Down Under to NZ and OZ, Im sure other SouthEast Asian countries such as Thailand would hold its own.

Co would want to beable to know that they can pick-up a decent amount in Cargo Biz as well as the destination being a mecca for the Biz Traveler
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:58 am

HNL - SYD or HNL - BNE

This would be an improvement over the current HNL-GUM-CNS with a midnight departure from CNS to hook up with CO 2
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond
CLE-OMA, CLE-DSM, CLE-MLI, CLE-GRB, CLE-FSD. . .I know this is NW territory but it's frustrating seeing all the directs OMA-EWR and OMA-IAH and I have to connect.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:49 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
FRA-IAH non-stop, timed to connect to Central America.

It's such a pain in the @$$ to have to overnight at EWR or IAH to get there from Germany.

Probably a rare request, but hey, if it were in my power...
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
More Florida flights via CLE - especially later in the evening.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:00 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
EWR-ATH. This has always been near or at the top of the list whenever we have done this survey before. The problem, of course, is aircraft availability. 752s can't do it and all of the widebodies are spoken for.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I'd have to vote for the return of...
EWR-OAK - Having two flights a day was *so* convenient. Now the service even from IAH is pretty spotty. I've taken to going to SFO and SJC most of the time when I need to be right next to OAK.

EWR-STN - There was service on this route in 2001, but it was short-lived and wasn't around long enough to establish enough traffic. It's MUCH more convenient if you're going to East Anglia or simply connecting to an LCC at STN.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:02 am

I would love CLE - TUL. I hate having to fly NW to MSP to get to the upper midwest. Going through IAH makes many trips on CO impractical.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:15 am

Well, IAH-GRB, CLE-GRB or EWR-GRB, in descending order of preference, would fill in the largest gap in the domestic network for me. It wasn't a gap until I started to get 50% EQMs on the otherwise pleasant NW flights there.

Last edited by iriefrank; Nov 14, 2005 at 11:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.