Community
Wiki Posts
Search

comp to co platinum

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2004, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

comp to co platinum

i was comped co platinum last june, flew on 2 transcons round trips from lax to ewr.

all 4 flight were 738's i was only able to upgrade 2/4 segments, one ex- lax one ex-ewr

i decided to stick with my preffered carrier, aa.

back to the question part... will co just drop me one level to gold or down to the bottom of the barell?
Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:37 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
I donno, but I suspect you gonna get enhanced .
Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by azmmza:
back to the question part... will co just drop me one level to gold or down to the bottom of the barell?</font>
Expect to be statusless.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snake:
I donno, but I suspect you gonna get &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starsmilie.gif"&gt; enhanced &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starsmilie.gif"&gt;.</font>
at least you made me smile
Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by azmmza:
at least you made me smile </font>
Did you smile at his 3,061 other identical posts?

j/k snake.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 7:34 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by channa:
Did you smile at his 3,061 other identical posts?
</font>
Sorry, gotta disagree with you. I find snake's responses on the mark most of the time. Perhaps I just haven't read enough of them, but that my 2 miles' worth.

EmailKid

------------------
I am NOT a tin elite! Then again, what the hell do I know?
Old Feb 20, 2004, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by emailkid:
Sorry, gotta disagree with you. I find snake's responses on the mark most of the time. Perhaps I just haven't read enough of them, but that my 2 miles' worth.

EmailKid

</font>

Right, which is why j/k (just kidding) was included. I agree that Snake has been a valuable contributor to the CO board. It's just the *enhanced* stuff I was trying to rib him about.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 8:08 am
Original Member

Well, since you did not make Plat, CO may offer you a buy-back of Plat for about $750.

Another Enhancement , snake?

------------------
"The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You"
Old Feb 20, 2004, 8:16 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by channa:

Right, which is why j/k (just kidding) was included.
</font>
Well, I've been reading boards for years, and that's a new one on me. Good to know I can still learn new things

BTW, do find your posts insightful as well. j/k

No, no, I do, seriously ....

EmailKid

------------------
I am NOT a tin elite! Then again, what the hell do I know?
Old Feb 20, 2004, 8:58 am

Programs: NW Plat, UA PE, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Delta Platinum Medalion.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cab747:
Expect to be statusless.</font>
Au contraire...You will become part of the new "Enhanced" elite program: RJ Silver!

Cheaper fares may be available at Continental.com
Old Feb 20, 2004, 9:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JAWS_II:
Well, since you did not make Plat, CO may offer you a buy-back of Plat for about $750.
</font>
Do they do that? I'm falling from Gold to Silver this year, and I have gotten no such offer. (Although I hate them so much at this point, I'm not sure I would care!)
Old Feb 20, 2004, 9:57 am
Original Member

Well, CO did that couple of years ago, but one could only "buy-up" one level above their actual achievement. I was Plat/Gold for the last 10 years and made Silver (Blue)for 2004. I have heard the "buy-up" numbers were $450 Silver to Gold, and $750 Gold to Platinum. With the revenue push at CO, I wouldn't be surprised that one could acquire that enhancement .

Call NonePass Non-service and tell them you heard that "buy-ups" had been done in the past and see what they say.

------------------
"The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You"
Old Feb 20, 2004, 10:27 am

Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
i was comped co platinum last june, flew on 2 transcons round trips from lax to ewr.

all 4 flight were 738's i was only able to upgrade 2/4 segments, one ex- lax one ex-ewr

</font>
If CO didn't comp and give away status- You would have been 4 out of 4 on your 2 trips. But then you would have needed to earn the status.. so its kinda like a chicken and the egg question...

Old Feb 20, 2004, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

guess what came in the mail today?
give up?

a co platinum card! i guess they really did enhance my membership! the letter seamed to indicate that this was a comp as well.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 6:09 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Ohooooo too cool! a Platinum card after only two trans-cons. I guess it's time for us ol' has been, year-after year, butt-in-seat elites to move out to pasture an' let the next generation of elites move up on those trans-con 737's.

I'll bet ol' Jaws elite card ain't gonna be the only thing that's gonna be blue!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.