Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FC Seats given to "Volunteers"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2004, 7:38 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flying Buccaneer:
Frankly, I can't understand why everyone is so quick to condemn 1director. The "freebie" that she wanted was one that she was promised by CO (free, unlimited, space-available upgrades). It's an expectation that was created, not by the passengers, but by CO itself. So when those passengers "whine" because they expected an upgrade and didn't get one, CO shouldn't be surprised..especially when it appears to the person who got skipped that the rules weren't applied. Then again, no one really knows what the rules are, do they?</font>
More whining??
Old Feb 15, 2004, 3:20 pm

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flying Buccaneer:
The "freebie" that she wanted was one that she was promised by CO (free, unlimited, space-available upgrades). </font>
CO did fulfill the promise.
She can exercise the request for upgrade and be granted it an unlimited number of times. Except that this time space was not available. The sapce was given to a bumpee several hours earlier.

[This message has been edited by AllanJ (edited Feb 15, 2004).]
Old Feb 15, 2004, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)

However, there are occasions when at the airport, a passenger who may have been mishandled, or for other operational reasons, a passenger will be offered a complimentary upgrade as a customer service gesture.
</font>
You should try to get an upgrade ATL-MCO or ATL-MLB on a Thursday evening. There are easily 100's of mishandled passengers. I often wonder (as I sit gratefully in my coach seat) if these people are going to be able to get to Florida that night. I am DL PM.

Old Feb 15, 2004, 9:29 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dlen111:
two little hooker looking girls in mine and someone elses seat</font>
In what way did they look like hookers? Perhaps they were pop culture stars of some sort.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 11:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by G- five:
1director,

For what it's worth, I do not work for CO.

I am just 15 post shy of your post count

I am sick of people complaining about First Class privelages, and those "who do not belong there". It's sad that the airlines have created this "class system". For God's sake, it's just a seat.

I am not trying to flame on you, but this issue of First Class is a bit old.
</font>
It's so fascinating to me, this whole elitist thing, in the F/C cabin. What fascinates me the most is how some people pretend as though they are so much better than anyone sitting in coach, yet they paid the same as or less than anyone behind them. F/C seats are primarily give-aways on U.S. domestic routes and nobody up there is better than anyone else. In some cases, some people fly more but it doesn't mean they are any better or any worse, more often than not they just have a job that keeps them in the air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.