AirTran Airways Elite Matching Program

Old Dec 5, 03, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
AirTran Airways Elite Matching Program

For those of you looking to match your CO elite status elsewhere, you might want to check this out:

Press Release

AirTran Airways
For Immediate Release
December 1, 2003

Media Contact: Tad Hutcheson
[email protected]

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS ANNOUNCES ELITE MATCHING PROGRAM FOR A-PLUS REWARDS MEMBERS
Other Airlines' Elite members can now join A-Plus Rewards Elite Level

ORLANDO, Fla. (December 1, 2003) - AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today announced that for a limited time, Elite members of other airline frequent flier programs are welcome to join AirTran Airways' frequent flier program, A-Plus Rewards, at the Elite member level.

Elite frequent flier members of other airlines may visit www.airtran.com to sign up for the Elite Matching Program between December 1 and December 31, 2003. To gain Elite status with A-Plus Rewards, other airlines' Elite participants must fax their most recent Elite statement dated after July 1, 2003, along with the completed Elite Matching Program form available on www.airtran.com to A-Plus Rewards Desk at (912) 966-6378. AirTran Airways' Elite membership includes benefits such as advance seat assignment on all fares, priority boarding, dedicated check-in and security lines, free Business Class upgrades and waived change and cancellation fees on select fares. To join A-Plus Rewards, log on to www.airtran.com or call 1-800 AIR-TRAN.

AirTran Airways is one of America's largest low-fare airlines - employing more than 5,600 professional Crew Members and operating 508 flights a day to 45 destinations. The airline's hub is at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the world's busiest airport by passenger volume, where it is the second largest carrier operating 188 flights per day. AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings (NYSE: AAI), is the world's largest operator of the Boeing 717 and has the youngest all-Boeing fleet of any airline. In 2004, the airline will begin taking delivery of new Boeing 737-700s. For reservations or more information, visit airtran.com (America Online Keyword: AirTran).

# # #

AirTran Airways

More information at:

http://www.airtran.com/programs/aplus/elite.jsp

Link to Airtran forum and related thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000001.html
Old Dec 8, 03, 12:12 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Did it. Got it. I'm sure FL loved seeing my 2 segments for the year on CO versus all my FL flying...
Old Dec 8, 03, 12:58 pm

I just startd flying AirTran from CAK instead of CO from CLE going forward for 2004. As often as I travel CLE-NYC (almost every week), I still won't make CO Platinum again, so why try while spending too much money when AirTran is a great choice.

For a $845 difference in airfare, I can easily stand the 55 minute drive south. This elite matching is awesome! Thanks so much for bringing it to our attention.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: