One Reason/Example Why CO Is Broke

Old Nov 14, 2003, 7:55 am

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Makes me think of the numerous times that HP couldn't fly to West coast airports in fog 'cause their planes didn't have the Catagory II or III instrument rating. At the same time WN was operating flights with minimal delays.

Of course if you were holding a HP ticket you were SOL 'cause it was "weather"
Old Nov 14, 2003, 8:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jerry crump:
If an airline cancels a flight for weather reasons THANK THEM. Even if they have been too cautious THANK THEM. I say this as a private pilot you never want to take a chance.

</font>
The only problem is that historically too many airlines (and not just CO here) have cried "weather" when it had nothing to do with it to hide other problems that may have made them more liable. Which airline that has been in existence for at least 6 years can honestly say that in the past it hasn't canceled flights with very light loads because of "weather". So too many thank you might mean too many "weather" incidences and I say that as a PP as well.

Airlines, in general, do not have credibility when it comes to the weather excuse. The only way they will get credibility is if they can document the reason in some detail and communicate that at the time of the incidence as well as for an oversight process later on that is transparent.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:01 am

you can look this up too: Cal hardly EVER cancels flights
Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:07 am

Programs: CO-Plat, HH-Diamond, MR-Gold, SPG-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by venk:
Airlines, in general, do not have credibility when it comes to the weather excuse. The only way they will get credibility is if they can document the reason in some detail and communicate that at the time of the incidence as well as for an oversight process later on that is transparent.</font>
Document it? What are they going to do, pull out weather maps and have a chit-chat at the gate during the time they are processing flights? 99% of those airport agents are only reading what is shown in the computer, so do you expect a VP to come down and explain it to the pax every time the wind is too strong? Let's be realistic - what's your idea for "documentation" that would be acceptable for all and not cost anyone any money or time?
Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:11 am

having a plane crash would also provide documentation-especially if there were a lot of injuries and a big fire they couldn't put out? Of course, some would say, that's only one plane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.