Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

W ARNING: 20 people say 10,000 negative things about cal

Old Nov 9, 03, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

To those of you just visiting the CAL board for the first time- or visiting for information- and a valid critique, a heads up. If you keep checking you will see approx 20 people who constantly criticize CAL (by constantly I mean each of them dozens of times a week) and if you just read their diatribes you wouldn't at all get a representative sampling of CO's ff's. For me in the NY region, every
business traveler i know uses CAL religiously and NOT ONE has talked about switching- because they know there is no place else to go. On balance, Gordo and the gang run a pretty good show: on time, reliable and pretty-much common sense- IT's a BUSINESS. I called to check on a l,000 mile bonus on Friday and they posted it with no hassle at all. Ever deal with Delta airlines? I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out with a scissors.
Old Nov 9, 03, 9:03 pm

I am not thrilled with some recent changes to OnePass, but like the last seven years, I am still on the CO wagon!
Old Nov 9, 03, 9:07 pm

Programs: CO-Plat, HH-Diamond, MR-Gold, SPG-Gold

I agree...
Old Nov 9, 03, 9:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, United 1k, United Club (life), Virgin Silver, Marriott/SPG/Hilton/Accor Gold
Give me a break. So Continental is a very sound airline operationally... That's great. The fact is this-- Gordon Bethune is a lying sack of ****. And so are you. Facts don't lie.

Ol' Gordo has promised to maintain the integrity of the OnePass program. He hasn't done that. There have been several devaluations.

------------------
"We will not cut benefits from OnePass, our industry-leading frequent flyer program, because we remain committed to rewarding our most loyal customers."

-- Gordon Bethune (Continental's CEO) two weeks before significantly cutting benefits of the OnePass program
Old Nov 9, 03, 9:17 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); soon formerly LEXington, KY; otherwise around and about
Programs: DL still sort-of Elite; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Actually, based on a really quick check, about fifty people say about 500 negative things about Continental.

While I am not one of them, I do prefer accuracy. Perhaps someone else can do an even more exact (and time consuming) count?
Old Nov 9, 03, 9:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, AS MVPG75, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
10,000 / 20 = 500

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by odnyc:
To those of you just visiting the CAL board for the first time- or visiting for information- and a valid critique, a heads up. If you keep checking you will see approx 20 people who constantly criticize CAL (by constantly I mean each of them dozens of times a week) and if you just read their diatribes you wouldn't at all get a representative sampling of CO's ff's. </font>
That's right. Pay no attention to the fact that at least 19 of those 20 have been OnePass Elite for years.
Old Nov 9, 03, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Location: USA-BUSH COUNTRY to 08 (avote for Kerry is a vote for UBL), DL-PM expires 02/05 (RJ boycott), HP-PL, CO-PL, FL- Elite Plus, WN -
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
Give me a break. So Continental is a very sound airline operationally... That's great. The fact is this-- Gordon Bethune is a lying sack of ****. And so are you. Facts don't lie.

Ol' Gordo has promised to maintain the integrity of the OnePass program. He hasn't done that. There have been several devaluations.

</font>
Old Nov 9, 03, 9:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:

</font>
You don't have a grudge with anyone, do you?
Old Nov 9, 03, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Didn't take long before this thread was hijacked by one of the very trolls to which odnyc is referring...
Old Nov 9, 03, 10:42 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); soon formerly LEXington, KY; otherwise around and about
Programs: DL still sort-of Elite; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
channa: don't see any trolls here... who are you referring to? Be honest.

odnyc, OTOH, has been a real pain to the folks over at jetblue. Not that I mind; jb needs to know its place in the world; but really: trolls?

Who? Where? How?

I'd be more likely to suspect that someone is a ringer.

Old Nov 9, 03, 11:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, DL MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by odnyc:
....because they know there is no place else to go....</font>

I think many elites here are headed over to NWA.

I would hope I am not viewed here as a "troll" nor one of the aforementioned 20 that is constantly harping on CO. I am, however, severely dissappointed with CO's changes, and have told them so.

So to write off everyone's legitimate complaints as a bunch of whining is simply innaccurate, even if a few are a bit long winded in their criticisms.

I think those new to the forum can get the gist of who stands on what side of the aisle pretty quickly on their own.....

K

Old Nov 10, 03, 5:48 am

I am happy to be labeled as one of the 20 (or 50) trolls if anyone wants to. A troll with travel experience beats an inexperienced troll anytime.

The sort of thinking that anyone reading this board does not have the capability to decide for themselves as to who is credible and therefore needs such a warning is the same thinking that leads to labels on coffee cups saying "The contents may be hot".
Old Nov 10, 03, 5:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, AS MVPG75, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by venk:
...The sort of thinking that anyone reading this board does not have the capability to decide for themselves as to who is credible and therefore needs such a warning is the same thinking that leads to labels on coffee cups saying "The contents may be hot".</font>
Great analogy, venk.
Old Nov 10, 03, 7:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kaeokai:

I think many elites here are headed over to NWA.

I would hope I am not viewed here as a "troll" nor one of the aforementioned 20 that is constantly harping on CO. I am, however, severely dissappointed with CO's changes, and have told them so.

So to write off everyone's legitimate complaints as a bunch of whining is simply innaccurate, even if a few are a bit long winded in their criticisms.

I think those new to the forum can get the gist of who stands on what side of the aisle pretty quickly on their own.....

K

</font>
This is right on. I am headed to NWA. I will be credited with 100% EQM for all fares I purchase. NW seems to be interested in all customers and not just business travelers or anyone who feels the need to over spend on crazy Y fares. Not to mention all of the enhancements to one pass.
Old Nov 10, 03, 7:14 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flying Buccaneer:
That's right. Pay no attention to the fact that at least 19 of those 20 have been OnePass Elite for years. </font>
That's exactly why many of us are so mad.

Constant reductions in benefits while increasing the price we pay for loyalty.

------------------
CO treats me like a king, Rodney King

Search this Thread
Search Engine: