Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Fare Designations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2003, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, AA Gold, UA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Loews Gold, Marriott Gold, etc. etc. etc
New Fare Designations

Appears that as of February domestic A/D/F fare classes become A/P/D, respectively. Not sure if this brings any new changes, or what CO's motive was behind this, just thought I'd bring it up.

------------------
Dave

Old Nov 2, 2003, 12:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CODC10:
Appears that as of February domestic A/D/F fare classes become A/P/D, respectively. Not sure if this brings any new changes, or what CO's motive was behind this, just thought I'd bring it up.

</font>
Then no more fighting for those F seats -- bring on the D seats.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 3:53 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Wonder if "D" BusinessFirst fares will have to be booked into "D" class for domestic segments or it'll still be okay to book into A or P.

- Pat
Old Nov 2, 2003, 4:25 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
I'm seeing A/P/D/Z with lots of Z0 but some Z9's on itn in March. Maybe they're going to institute capacity controls on upgrades from Y fares or EasyPass rewards?
Old Nov 2, 2003, 4:29 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Ooops. I forgot to mention that it would be likely that D would remain for domestic segments of international itineraries and that Z would be the standard upgrade and Elite upgrade bucket. That is, unless CO has unpublished buckets under Z.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 3:03 am

Am I correct to assume that P replaces D on domestic and international business (not BF) flights?

Right now D is "discount" FC, so-called "business" fare.

jh
Old Nov 4, 2003, 3:18 am

BTW, I just checked continental.com and I don't find any mention of the P fare.

Tried my usual routings on dates after Feb 04 and came up with D fares each time. Same fare rules as now.

Where did you see the P fare mentioned?

jh
Old Nov 4, 2003, 3:38 am

Programs: Ex-CO Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CODC10:
Appears that as of February domestic A/D/F fare classes become A/P/D, respectively. Not sure if this brings any new changes, or what CO's motive was behind this, just thought I'd bring it up.</font>
There are only 26 letters in the alphabet, so (for now) the airlines are restricted to 26 classes of service.

Old Nov 4, 2003, 8:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by whiteknuckles:
Originally posted by CODC10:
Appears that as of February domestic A/D/F fare classes become A/P/D, respectively. Not sure if this brings any new changes, or what CO's motive was behind this, just thought I'd bring it up.</font>
There are only 26 letters in the alphabet, so (for now) the airlines are restricted to 26 classes of service.

Yeesh! That's what we need: More complexity! More nonsense!

That's why the airlines with only 4-6 fare classes are losing...oh, wait!?!
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:04 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Mathematicians were not constrained with this: use the Greek alphabet!

- Pat
Old Nov 6, 2003, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Now I'm really confused. I bought 2 EWR-FLL tickets last month for a flight in Jan and was using miles to upgrade. At the time there was an F bucket but on the outbound it showed only an F1 -on the return we both were already upgraded. Gave the seat to hubby and I'm now on the waitlist. Now it seems F has disappeared and all thats showing is A9 D9 Z7 H9 K9 B9 V9 Q7 S0 T0 L0.
I called today to check and was told 'no more upgrade seats have been added, so I'm still waitlisted. Now this is a big 757-- currently showing only 5 seats in F taken, so I'm assuming my upgrade will clear (I'm Platinum)... but which bucket would they be coming out of now???
Old Nov 6, 2003, 3:08 pm

Programs: SPG Plat UA 1P Hilton Gold CO dirt
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mauld:
... Now it seems F has disappeared and all thats showing is A9 D9 Z7 H9 K9 B9 V9 Q7 S0 T0 L0.
I called today to check and was told 'no more upgrade seats have been added, so I'm still waitlisted. Now this is a big 757-- currently showing only 5 seats in F taken, so I'm assuming my upgrade will clear (I'm Platinum)... but which bucket would they be coming out of now???
</font>
The bucket is the "hidden" R bucket, which comes out of Z (R is a subset of Z). Only CO CSR's can see R inventory (although sometimes it shows up on nwa.co.jp's reward search engine, like on a blue moon).
Old Nov 7, 2003, 1:17 pm

The above thread is not clear to me. Does anyone actually know what bucket will replace the F bucket, and if we will be able to see this information. The only reason I view this data is to asses availability for EUA and mileage based upgrades before purchasing.
Old Nov 7, 2003, 2:21 pm

Programs: CO-Plat, HH-Diamond, MR-Gold, SPG-Gold

Got this from my Travel Agent:

A - Domestic F/C
AU - Elite Upgrade
B - Discounted Coach
C - International F/C
D - Discounted F/C
E - Reward
F - F/C Onepass/Reward Upgrade - going away!
G - Reward
H - Discounted Coach
I - Discounted Coach
J - BusinessFirst
K - Discounted Coach
L - Discounted Coach
M - Elite Reward
N - Discounted Coach
O - Discounted Coach (I think for Priceline, etc.)
P - Reward - F/C
Q - Discounted Coach
R - Upgraded - Replaces F
S - Discounted Coach
T - Discounted Coach
U - Discounted Coach
V - Discounted Coach
W - Discounted Coach
X - Discounted Coach
Y - Full Fare Coach
YN - Coach Reward
Z - Discounted Business First

There you go - you can get this from any Travel Agent that is bored out of his/her mind!
Old Nov 7, 2003, 2:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 005flyer:

Got this from my Travel Agent:

A - Domestic F/C
AU - Elite Upgrade
B - Discounted Coach
C - International F/C
D - Discounted F/C
E - Reward
F - F/C Onepass/Reward Upgrade - going away!
G - Reward
H - Discounted Coach
I - Discounted Coach
J - BusinessFirst
K - Discounted Coach
L - Discounted Coach
M - Elite Reward
N - Discounted Coach
O - Discounted Coach (I think for Priceline, etc.)
P - Reward - F/C
Q - Discounted Coach
R - Upgraded - Replaces F
S - Discounted Coach
T - Discounted Coach
U - Discounted Coach
V - Discounted Coach
W - Discounted Coach
X - Discounted Coach
Y - Full Fare Coach
YN - Coach Reward
Z - Discounted Business First

There you go - you can get this from any Travel Agent that is bored out of his/her mind!
</font>
And according to billiam, this R bucket will be hidden from us, true?

Will we be able to see the P bucket (the F/C Reward bucket)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.