Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Roll call! How many of you have requested /will request matched status elsewhere?

Roll call! How many of you have requested /will request matched status elsewhere?

Old Sep 18, 03, 3:35 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.

Short answers here only please. Comments can be made on this thread.

1) What is your CO elite status
2) Have you requested / do you have status on another carrier?
3) Will you stop or severly curtail flying CO?
4) How much money (annually) will CO not get from you just because of this one last straw?

I'll start below:
Old Sep 18, 03, 3:36 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
1) CO Platinum
2) Already UA PremEx
3) Already did after Gordo's lying
4) Appx $50K
Old Sep 18, 03, 3:39 pm

CO Platinum
No other as yet
Haven't decided/leaning NW
$13,000
Old Sep 18, 03, 3:46 pm

CO Silver (Gold in a bit)
I am thinking about AA if NW matches CO/DL.
$500 all leisure

$5000 is what I will spend for the year. That was my mistake. Most of that will go to NW. They actually use the EUA policy advertised. From ALB which is quite convient for me sometimes they also have A 319 instead of an RJ or turbo prop.

[This message has been edited by Arcolaio99 (edited 09-18-2003).]
Old Sep 18, 03, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
1) CO Gold
2) Already NW Gold, will become Platinum by end of the year. Am also getting *G status on LH.
3) I will avoid CO those times when my new NW status cannot get me an upgrade (co.com specials, etc.) and when I cannot earn 100% EQM on CO flights. Translation: I will almost never fly CO.
4) From this year? 5K at most. (I am the "problem")

BTW, ms. sosmart is doing exactly the same thing. So it's 1-4 x 2

BTW2: We already have approximately 10K in travel booked in paid F and J on UA and LH next year.
Old Sep 18, 03, 4:19 pm

I jumped early on having been fed up with CO but I will answer anyway.

a) Was a Platinum on CO.
b) Currently earned 1K on UA and earned PLT on AA. Within 10k miles of being EXP on AA for 2004 and within 30k miles of being 1K again on UA.
c) I have not flown a revenue flight on CO since Oct 2002.
d) So far they have lost about $100k from me.
Old Sep 18, 03, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I interupt this thread for a short sidebar.

When I read this thread I picked up the phone and called the United Airlines Mileage Plus Service Center and point-blank inquired of the agent if they were experiencing higher than normal status match requests lately. Her response:

"Oh my yes. Just started today. From Continental flyers. I probably got ten-fold my usual number in a day, and the day's not even over yet! We're supposed to be getting a pep-talk or something to explain what's going on to us."
Old Sep 18, 03, 6:03 pm

1) Silver
2) No
3) Probably (NW)
4) Just like notsosmart, I am the problem. $2500-3000

[This message has been edited by socref (edited 09-18-2003).]
Old Sep 18, 03, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
I interupt this thread for a short sidebar.

When I read this thread I picked up the phone and called the United Airlines Mileage Plus Service Center and point-blank inquired of the agent if they were experiencing higher than normal status match requests lately. Her response:

"Oh my yes. Just started today. From Continental flyers. I probably got ten-fold my usual number in a day, and the day's not even over yet! We're supposed to be getting a pep-talk or something to explain what's going on to us."
</font>

I'm sure AA is getting the exact same, if not more.

Old Sep 18, 03, 6:20 pm
Suspended

should we ask for comps now? that would only get us to feb 2004. wouldn't it make sense to wait until november to ask for comps? just curious....

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 09-19-2003).]
Old Sep 18, 03, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
should we ask for comps now? that would only get us to feb 2004. wouldn't it make sense to wait until november to ask for comps? just curious....</font>
In the case of AA, one could try and get whatever comp is available now and then complete the Plat challenge before the end of 2003 easily, thus being AA Plat thru Feb 2005.

No time like the present...
Old Sep 18, 03, 6:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Usually, any match status given after August 1 are good for the remainder of the year and the entire next one.

So please, lets keep showing how much "riff-raff bucks" CO's stupidity has lost them.

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 09-18-2003).]
Old Sep 18, 03, 6:24 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Wow - one would think CO Exec. Offices would read this thread and wake up - what fools. Unreal.
Old Sep 18, 03, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry

1) Platinum
2) No not yet / No
3) Most likely
4) Approx. $10,000

SunLover

Old Sep 18, 03, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
I don't fly CO often, but from now on $0 of my travel dollars will go towards CO.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: