Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Roll call! How many of you have requested /will request matched status elsewhere?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll call! How many of you have requested /will request matched status elsewhere?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2003, 9:38 am
Suspended

was just given platinum status on american. will fly continental a few more times to make gold this year. next year, it will be an american year for me, that's for sure. it's more convenient anyway. i live in manhattan and i like the option of laguardia over newark (however, i prefer newark over jfk). finally, rewAArds on AAmericAAn AAre much eAAsier to secure.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
was just given platinum status on american. will fly continental a few more times to make gold this year. next year, it will be an american year for me, that's for sure. it's more convenient anyway. i live in manhattan and i like the option of laguardia over newark (however, i prefer newark over jfk). finally, rewAArds on AAmericAAn AAre much eAAsier to secure.</font>
Oh my gosh...never thought I'd see the day you left too!!! (I'm pretty resolved to do the FF # dance at the NWA e-kiosk starting 01/01/04...but might move to AA-one of our pref carriers)
Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
was just given platinum status on american. will fly continental a few more times to make gold this year. next year, it will be an american year for me, that's for sure. it's more convenient anyway. i live in manhattan and i like the option of laguardia over newark (however, i prefer newark over jfk). finally, rewAArds on AAmericAAn AAre much eAAsier to secure.</font>
The first rainstorm you encounter landing in New York will convert you into a huge JFK fan and make you forget those 2 hour ground holds into Newark.

Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:32 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by glenngpr:
The first rainstorm you encounter landing in New York will convert you into a huge JFK fan and make you forget those 2 hour ground holds into Newark.

</font>
do you mean "taking off" from new york (not "landing in" new york)?

yeah, i've heard that newark is at the bottom of the totem pole as far as priority for the region. is that true?

Old Oct 8, 2003, 2:21 pm

do you mean "taking off" from new york (not "landing in" new york)?

yeah, i've heard that newark is at the bottom of the totem pole as far as priority for the region. is that true?

</font>
Actually I do mean "landing in New York." I assume you'll want to come home from wherever you're going.

I don't know if JFK has a higher priority, but the fact that they've twice as many runways as opposed to Newark makes a great deal of difference when landing in weather/winds.

Old Oct 9, 2003, 9:20 pm

Earned CO Gold 5/2003
Platinum Prior two years
Requested HP Gold - Was Comped Platinum during the divorce, only flew enough to earn Silver

$18K to $25 K - (I am the problem)

Will explore United, already did the Delta comp dance and never flew - besides they started this crap

[This message has been edited by FC_Dave (edited 10-09-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.