Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Access Suitcase Tags

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2003, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Elite Access Suitcase Tags

Flew CLE-IAH-HNL monday 09/22. Checked one bag and my bicycle box in CLE----Agent attached new Elite Access Suitcase Tags to both items. Arriving HNL my suitcase was second off and walked over to excess bag. gate and my bicycle was waiting for me. Spent less than five minutes waiting compared to the usual 20 minutes in HNL.

------------------
Old Sep 26, 2003, 6:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
I had the exprience yesterday of watching them load bags onto our aircraft at IAH (for IAH-SAT). The loader specifically separated the EliteAccess bags and loaded them last. I watched my bag go in among the last five or so. It was one of the first five off in SAT. At least in this one instance, there was a deliberate attempt to ensure these bags would be first off. How consistence this is, or how long it will last, is the question.

fp
Old Sep 26, 2003, 6:43 am
Original Member

Location: OMNI Award Winner, Recipient: Ol' Goal Personal Sootkase Tag Award. The Very Special Punki Authentic PiP Sootkase Tag, Pin, & T-Shirt. .........PRE-
arturo haz awlweighs bin parshal too nise sootkase tags.

------------------
Loving, Caring, Honest, Intelligent, Empathetic, Creative, and Giving©.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 7:51 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Maybe the Elite Access program is forcing the baggage handlers to be more aware of this. The 3 times I used Elite luggage tags this year (MSY, EWR, SEA, CLE), they ALWAYS came out in the 2nd half of delivery - once had to wait after most luggage cleared, and was about to go to the lost-luggage room. When I discontinued the tags, had much better delivery (normal, with all the others).
Maybe if the baggage handlers were told they would be responsible for this aspect of the new program, the situation will improve for awhile, so I might try again.
(I check luggage on about 20% of my trips).
Old Sep 26, 2003, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
:: knocking on wood ::

My bags have been within the first 5 off the belt on my last 10 flights in the last few weeks. This was even the case before EliteAccess with just my Elite Priority Bag Tag.

But with more and more VIP/Elite Access tags out there, I'm sure the ramp agents will get lazy over time as the volume increases...so my bags will undoubtedly take additional time to get off the plane and into my hands.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Zip:
Maybe the Elite Access program is forcing the baggage handlers to be more aware of this.</font>
I think that must be it. I rarely check bags, but my experience historically has been downright LOUSY! One flight last year (an overnight from the west coast, so I was cranky anyway), my bag was 3rd from last on the carousel! But last week on both ends of a trip (OAK and EWR) it was there before I was - admittedly because on both ends they told us one carousel and then changed it, so we were all late to the right carousel! Nonetheless, definitely improved performance on the early delivery of elite baggage.

Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:49 am

The new tags increase the probability that your bags will come out in the first half about 50% of the time.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 12:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by exitrow:
The new tags increase the probability that your bags will come out in the first half about 50% of the time.</font>
Actually, I used my old tag. Same effect.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I must have unusually good luck with the suitcase tags. Only twice have my bags ever not come out in the first group of bags, once at SEA and once at EWR, both in 2001. Maybe it's just that the airports I fly to most often are better (IAH, DFW, DAL, SAT, SFO, DEN).
Old Sep 26, 2003, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
In my experience it depends on the airport.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 8:56 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by exitrow:
The new tags increase the probability that your bags will come out in the first half about 50% of the time.</font>
With my past experience, I would now be happy with this statistic!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.