Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Address to send letter about service?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2003, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Address to send letter about service?

I made a roundtrip flight from DC to Tampa this weekend and had mixed reviews on the service. On the flight going down to Tampa, I connected at Newark, and the flight was delayed because the crew was not there. Needeless to say, they were extremely rude and unhelpful.

On the way back was a different story. Connected through Cleveland and got what was probably the best service from a flight attendant I have ever experienced.

I want to send a letter recounting both events, does anyone have an address and contact?

Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2003, 1:20 pm

http://www.continental.com/contact/c...F630DFABE3C2D2

North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Hawaii, Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Customer Care - HQSCR
Continental Airlines, Inc.
P.O. Box 4607
Houston, TX 77210-4607

Old Sep 23, 2003, 4:16 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ApontePR:
On the flight going down to Tampa, I connected at Newark, and the flight was delayed because the crew was not there. Needeless to say, they were extremely rude and unhelpful.</font>

What? A Newark based Continarrogant crew was rude and unhelpful???

You're joshing us, right?

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 09-23-2003).]
Old Sep 23, 2003, 5:30 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NJDavid:
[B]
What? A Newark based Continarrogant crew was rude and unhelpful???

Not all expirences at EWR are negative. A couple of weeks ago the CO EWR ground staff busted their buns to ensure I made a tight connection and the checked bag made it as well.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/004021.html

Old Sep 23, 2003, 5:40 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
As I said in another thread, it is big news when CO actually does what they were supposed to all along. The norm is the opposite.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 7:11 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NJDavid:
As I said in another thread, it is big news when CO actually does what they were supposed to all along. The norm is the opposite.</font>
can we say: "the glass is half empty"??
Old Sep 24, 2003, 7:19 am
Original Member

Optimists see the glass half full, pessimists see the glass half empty, cynics wait for someone to steal the rest of their water and engineers see a container that is twice as large as it needs to be.

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 09-24-2003).]
Old Sep 24, 2003, 7:58 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
For me the cynical answer is "why bother?"

After experiencing a weather-induced delay a few months ago SEA-IAH that resulted in several hours on the plane without food or water or explanation why, followed by misinformation given by the passenger rep. at IAH arrivals that caused us to walk across the terminal only to be told there was no way we were getting on as standbys...

I called the "care" line and ended up more annoyed with the phone rep's. attitude than anything else we had experienced all day.

We subsequently wrote a lengthy and (we think) thoughtful letter directly to President Bethune, making several suggestions about ways that communication would have improved the situation without costing CO a cent. We had sat through enough of his self-promoting announcements at the beginning of the safety videos - obviously his sycophants didn't dare correct his usage of the language, e.g. his repeated references to "things" - that I felt we had established a relationship and that our letter would be passed along to somebody who would at least send us a nice kiss-off kind of reply, but...

No reply...

Just for the heck of it, I wrote a brief letter a couple of months later explaining that our original letter had not been acknowledged and enclosed a copy of it.

No reply... As a Monty Python character once said, "I see, I see, I get the picture."

Obviously CO doesn't need us, or apparently even want us, as relatively low-rev fliers. Fortunately, neither do we need CO.

edited to correct the Freudian typo "explaning"

[This message has been edited by Fredd (edited 09-24-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.