Only for the obsessive - DPS-RDU Choices

Old Sep 4, 2003, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Only for the obsessive - DPS-RDU Choices

Hello from the land of surf and sunshine,

I have to trip home for a wedding in Mid/Late Oct returning early/mid Nov. I live in Bali, home is RDU.

I still have a bank of about 300K OP miles (though I'll go from PLAT to Nada with my whopping 5K flown this year). I need to use miles and would much rather fly Biz.

As I see my choices from CO and NW - standard Biz awards (HA!) don't seem to be an option.

So - I am looking at RuleBuster SIN-RDU for 180K or Sleazy Pass DSP-RDU for 240K. or CO Coach DPS-RDU (I think I can pull this for 30K through GUM) and then Sleazy Pass BF RDU-DPS for a total of 150K.

My struggle - I think the 240K Sleazy Pass is just too much to swallow. The 180K NW means that I have to get to SIN ($240 RT). So, is it worth 30K and $240 to get WBC both ways versus BF only on the return.

I know it all comes down to what I value, but I honesty am torn here. I've been WBC to Asia numerous times but I've only once been in BF (ages ago to Brazil) and I'd love to try it. Then again I've not flown in coach long distance in a couple of years (I know poor me) and the thought of DPS-RDU (over 24hours) in coach is daunting.

So what would you do?

Cheers!

Old Sep 5, 2003, 10:18 am
Original Member

Location: OMNI Award Winner, Recipient: Ol' Goal Personal Sootkase Tag Award. The Very Special Punki Authentic PiP Sootkase Tag, Pin, & T-Shirt. .........PRE-
arturo wuld stay en bali wiff the sun an serf.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.