Wiki Posts
Search

New York local office at Penn Station??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Co Plat, Starwood Gold, Mariott Silver
New York local office at Penn Station??

Does any one know if there is a Continental ticket office at Penn Station or Grand Central Station? Someone told me there was one at Penn Station - any clues? What about Grand Central? And can they process REVUPS at these locations? Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Yfirst gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Plat.
There is a Continental office near the Acella longe at Pen Station.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by jrtoal
Does any one know if there is a Continental ticket office at Penn Station or Grand Central Station? Someone told me there was one at Penn Station - any clues? What about Grand Central? And can they process REVUPS at these locations? Thanks.
IIRC I saw some sort of Continental Desk in the Acela Lounge but I do not recall if it was a full CTO. Call the elite desk for your REVUP.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:56 pm

Its not in the Acela lounge, its in the main upstairs terminal between the NJ Transit and Amtrak ticket sales, that is, the 8th Ave. end of the terminal. I know they can't do advance check in on int'l flights cuz I tried that once, on the other hand there is a kiosk there as well. And of course you can take the very convenient train to Ewr right there, runs roughly every 20 minutes, time to terminal from Penn Station about 30 minutes, assuming the monorail is running ok.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:34 am

If you are on a 5:20 p.m. flight to SFO and there are plenty of seats on the 3:45 p.m. flight to SFO, can you go in the mornign and put yoru name on the standby list for the earleir flight?
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by mack2897
If you are on a 5:20 p.m. flight to SFO and there are plenty of seats on the 3:45 p.m. flight to SFO, can you go in the mornign and put yoru name on the standby list for the earleir flight?
Not just yet at the ticket office.

However...dig around and there's some info. about a soon-to-be implemented program where you can confirm your earlier flight on the same day for a small fee (like Delta and Northwest). On the phone, by the way.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K / IC RA/ Hilton Plat / Bonvoy Gold
There is a CO office in Penn like mentioned above, but i've never seen it with more than one rep. Also be prepared to wait a LONG time. Took me an hour of waiting with only two people in front of me.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Whadayano
Its not in the Acela lounge, its in the main upstairs terminal between the NJ Transit and Amtrak ticket sales, that is, the 8th Ave. end of the terminal. I know they can't do advance check in on int'l flights cuz I tried that once, on the other hand there is a kiosk there as well. And of course you can take the very convenient train to Ewr right there, runs roughly every 20 minutes, time to terminal from Penn Station about 30 minutes, assuming the monorail is running ok.
There used to be an e-ticket check in kiosk but it's now gone...who knows why
Old Feb 8, 2006, 1:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by manhattan92
There used to be an e-ticket check in kiosk but it's now gone...who knows why

Yes! I miss that, it made life so much easier. It has been replaced by a sign at the ticket counter that says "We can't assist you with check in, you must check in at the airport."

-Vincent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.