Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions Only For Continental FT Chat

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2003, 1:25 pm

I wrote
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Can you remove one seat from the 1 column
of the 1+2 seating, and give us more leg room ?
Call it BizExpress, offer it for $100 more per
flight and give the empties to elites. </font>
I meant take out seat 1A from the A aisle,
which saves ~32 inches, and give the empty space, 4 inches per pax, to seats 2A to 9A.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
Why don't COOL weekly specials ever include international destinations. I listened to your recent conference call and Gordon mentioned that Q1 European yields "suck". Perhaps including these and other low yield destinations in COOL will improve yields.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 10:10 pm
UpUp&Upgrade

1. Why do you make it so easy for your employees to fly for free as a non-rev in your BizFirst product, when you make it so hard for Elites to upgrade to BizFirst on a PAID ticket and using EARNED miles?

2. What will you do to reward Platinum members? AA and UA give system wide upgrades. DL gives this and other free perks. What is CO going to do? Right now, their is not much incentive to go for Plat over Gold (25% greater elite bonus isn;t much)

3. AA and Delta provide lifetime status based on miles. Does CO plan to do this?

Old Feb 4, 2003, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by joebeenyc:
Why don't COOL weekly specials ever include international destinations. I listened to your recent conference call and Gordon mentioned that Q1 European yields "suck". Perhaps including these and other low yield destinations in COOL will improve yields.</font>
The average yield will DECLINE further if CO sells more deep-discount tickets on those flights without a corresponding increase in the number of high-yield tickets sold.

------------------
Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines, a proud member of the SkyTeam Alliance.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:
The average yield will DECLINE further if CO sells more deep-discount tickets on those flights without a corresponding increase in the number of high-yield tickets sold.

</font>
PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON THE QUESTIONS... THIS IS A QUESTION ONLY THREAD! LET CO RESPOND!
Old Feb 5, 2003, 3:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NJDavid:
What could possibly have been running through your mind when you decided to offer complimentary elite status to people who switch their long distance to AT&T? I mean, you can't even lie about this one claiming it is to entice comparable elites from other airlines to increase revenue! This is just plain and simple dilution of the entire point of elite status, and a wallop in the face of your past elites who did not requalify and got no "waivers and favors".

What world are you guys in and/or what drugs are you doing?
</font>
Please answer this one...and not with the standard answer about the lagging economy and targeted marketing.

What is the correlation between telephone service and air travel?
Old Feb 9, 2003, 11:23 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
How can you justify the claim that you have an equal and reciprocal relationship with Northwest Airlines when:

1) The Northwest elite customer has real, dedicated telephone agents, CO does not?

2) Northwest Elite telephone agents will process complimentary upgrades for their elite customers when their automated system fails them and CO operators are forbidden to and/or powerless to help?

3) Northwest World Club members can access every airport club that a President's Club member can AND still access America West Clubs in LAS, PHX and CMH, whereas Presidents Club members because of Gordo the Liar's spiteful arrogance no longer have an airport club to use in these locations?

What process has been put in place to issue Presidents Club members transfers to World Club membership and/or pro-rated refunds of multi-year memberships in light of the dramatically reduced access to clubs in the US and the dramatically reduced choices in food and drink now available?

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 02-09-2003).]
Old Feb 11, 2003, 3:53 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Added to the above,

4) How come Northwest allows domestic upgrades to their Gold and Platinum elites traveling on award tickets, and CO does not?
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:38 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
In the past 6 months, NW has run two novel and exciting promotions, Mileage Mania and Mile-a-Palooza. Can we expect CO to be as creative in future promotions?
Old Feb 11, 2003, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Since you push non Q/T fares so much with your promos are you going to provide a way for us to select these from your web site?
Old Feb 11, 2003, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Rif Raf (Defrocked 1K), CO Lead (Former Plat), QF Bronze
Does Continental feel it has any chance whatsoever of winning the Freddies this year without Randy culling out unfavorable votes?

------------------
Think of how stupid the "average person" is, then consider that half of them are dumber than that! -George Carlin
Old Mar 3, 2003, 10:01 am
Original Member

With a week to go, what are the chances that any of these questions / issues will actually be addresed?

What steps are Inside Flyer staffers taking to make sure that the representatives from CO can not skirt these issues?

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 03-03-2003).]
Old Mar 3, 2003, 10:28 am
Suspended

Is Continental considering lowering or eliminating Unaccompanied Minor fees for Unaccompanied Minor elite members?

[This message has been edited by NWgoldelite (edited 03-03-2003).]
Old Mar 6, 2003, 4:03 am
Original Member

With less than a day to go, what are the chances that any of these questions / issues will actually be addresed?

What steps are Inside Flyer staffers taking to make sure that the representatives from CO can not skirt these issues?

Old Mar 6, 2003, 12:42 pm

*bump*

chat is tonight....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.