Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who don't you like at Continental?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2003, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Who don't you like at Continental?

I don't like E. Johnson the online support supervisor in Houston, Texas. What an idiot!

Just thought I'd share....

- Mtjoa
Old Feb 20, 2003, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I think it's very inappropriate to single out airline employees by name for abuse in a public forum, especially when the abuse is so baseless.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:00 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BearX220:
I think it's very inappropriate to single out airline employees by name for abuse in a public forum, especially when the abuse is so baseless. </font>
What's the difference between this and all the attacks on Gordo that appear on this board? Or on anyone who signs their name to a letter on the DL board?
Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:16 pm

I like the fact that CO gave my girlfriend Silver Elite (Gold last year) for 2003 after flying 3,000 miles last year. That and the fact that America West gave me Plat thru Feb 04 after requesting a status comp last Sept in order to upgrade a single flight. One reason why it is becoming harder and harder to become EUA'd.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:43 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">jonhoram asks:

What's the difference between this and all the attacks on Gordo that appear on this board? </font>
One difference between attacking Gordo and some hapless supervisor in Houston is that that Gordo has been lying in print, and likes to make an ... of himself in front of the media.

Gordon Bethune's fair game for this forum, the supe in Houston ain't, in my opinion.

[This message has been edited by snake (edited 02-20-2003).]
Old Feb 20, 2003, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

I actually didn't want to get it to the specifics of the poor service I received from Continental on this board. I did file a more specific on-line complaint with Continental customer service department. My question was simply has there anyone in Continental who has done you wrong? Although you know nothing about me, do you think I would start a negative post about someone who gave me good service? Think of how bad the service must have been for me to post something up. What did you learn about E. Johnson from my post? Male/Female? Lives in the city of Houston, maybe. Are you planning on looking them up in the phone book? This message board is to share information, both good and bad, for people who fly on continental regularly.

Thoughts?

- MTjoa
Old Feb 20, 2003, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I think that it is a fundamental breach of Web etiquette to bring up an individual in the manner that the poster did.

Gordo is a public figure - he knows this, and gets paid big bucks to take s*it from people.

The person described by the poster, however incopetent/rude/what-have-you, is not.

This thread should be closed.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 9:30 am
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
Actually, mentioning supervisors by name is fair game, as they are deisgnated by CO to be the official "voice" of the company on matters within the scope of their employment.

------------------
Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines, a proud member of the SkyTeam Alliance.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BearX220:
I think it's very inappropriate to single out airline employees by name for abuse in a public forum, especially when the abuse is so baseless. </font>
I agree. Bethune is the CEO and a very public figure who takes pleasure going to the media to make outlandish statements in order to make himself look good at the expense of others. He is VERY fair game. A supervisor or any other employee who calls himself or herself the voice/mouth/representative of CO still should not be singled out for derision in an internet forum such as this.

Old Feb 21, 2003, 10:43 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Analise:
I agree. Bethune is the CEO and a very public figure who takes pleasure going to the media to make outlandish statements in order to make himself look good at the expense of others. He is VERY fair game. A supervisor or any other employee who calls himself or herself the voice/mouth/representative of CO still should not be singled out for derision in an internet forum such as this.

</font>
I agree as well. A positve comment goes to Nadene at the OPSC (One Pass Service Center)

I needed a flight segment credited that wasn't, and she worked with the continental.com folks to find the original receipt, so I didn't have to get one from microfiche.

Old Feb 21, 2003, 11:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by notsosmart:
I think that it is a fundamental breach of Web etiquette to bring up an individual in the manner that the poster did.

Gordo is a public figure - he knows this, and gets paid big bucks to take s*it from people.

The person described by the poster, however incopetent/rude/what-have-you, is not.

This thread should be closed.
</font>
So are you offended by the comment left by skyyguy above giving props to Nadine, as they also used the name of the employee and the location that they work?

looking for logic,

CWipes...
Old Feb 21, 2003, 11:36 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cwipes:

[snip]

looking for logic,

</font>
Looking in the wrong place. You'll see posts on this board that criticize GAs and FAs based on their description and work location. In some cases, the poster writes, "I don't know her name, but [this is what she looks like]."

see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum20/HTML/007185.html

It could be the word "idiot" that got people all worked up. Or the fact that mtjoa's a new poster (seems the veterans here get more latitude when it comes to name-calling).

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with mtjoa's specific criticism if it didn't seem completely baseless. Let's have some details!
Old Feb 21, 2003, 12:13 pm
Suspended

was E. Johnson's nickname "magic?"
Old Feb 21, 2003, 1:37 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Back to thread topic...

My biggest point of anger with CO is the number of specials they offer people to earn elite status while the vast majority of us earn it the hard way (miles/segments).

I have no problem with upgrades based on fare class within elite level. Nor do I have any animosity toward those of you lucky enough to get a targeted promo.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">So are you offended by the comment left by skyyguy above giving props to Nadine, as they also used the name of the employee and the location that they work?

looking for logic,</font>
Do be perfectly honest, the first thing I though when I saw mtjoa's post was "CO employee". (Though that's more likely not the case.)

To start a thread for the simple purpose of calling someone an idiot, and offer absolutley no reason/evidence for such a claim seems irresponsible.

As far as comparing praises heaped upon employees to out-and-out insults... you can't be serious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.