Wiki Posts
Search

Better wine coming to Continental?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2003, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Better wine coming to Continental?

I know some of you have been complaining of the lack of good wines at CO. Hopefully this will remedy it....

Continental is introducing a 'Congress of Wine Masters'. It's a 'natural complement' to their Congress of Chefs.

I love how they say that their wine tastings wouldn't be complete without the input of local OnePass Platinum Elite members and other top Continental customers, who are invited to assist in the selection process.

Has anybody here been invited to try in the tastings? Just wondering...

http://www.continental.com/onepass/n...1408D650662FF7
Old Jan 3, 2003, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
Oh, my bad, I misread the title. Thought it would be a fun thread with "whine", not "wine.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 3:19 pm
Original Member

I'm a local Plat, 1600 Smith is only a few miles away, and I have no invitation to a wine tasting/selection affair.

------------------
"The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You"
Old Jan 3, 2003, 5:00 pm

you probably have to be a "Star"....

Old Jan 4, 2003, 8:38 pm

Let's hope they really do improve the wines soon (no, not the "whines")!
Hello all! Happy New Year!
Old Jan 4, 2003, 8:45 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
I expect to be enhanced with wine in the box any day now.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 3:17 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Maybe they've found a way to get BF customers to pay for wine? Surely they've got to find a way to pay for this new program, just like the drink fee in Int'l coach supposedly pays for the "enhanced" coach meals.....
Old Jan 5, 2003, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the rate they are enhancing all facets of the airline, my best guess is it will be difficult in the near future to find a wine bottle with a real cork (ie "in order to comply with enhanced TSA regs regarding sharp objects aboard aircraft, we are eliminating all corkscrews etc").

MisterNice
Old Feb 10, 2003, 1:13 am

The wines in First are less than stellar, but I had the misfortune of sitting in Y from EWR-LAX a couple of weekends ago and made the mistake of thinking that some wine with my rubbery chicken might make it taste better. I had to pay $4 for Gossamer Bay?!?!? Where do they get this crap?
Old Feb 10, 2003, 6:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> I had to pay $4 for Gossamer Bay?!?!? </font>
Had that once on an international flight (when it was till free) and I wouldn't drink it again even if it were till free. Horrible, horrible stuff, and I'll drink almost any wine.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 7:38 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
During 3 of my last 4 trips in '02, I had a Cab that turned out to be from a Gallo magnum! I don't think those benefits mentioned here will leak down to non-BF flyers, sigh ....
Old Feb 10, 2003, 9:11 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, SPG Gold
My last few flights, International included, half the bottles didn't have labels on them... I suddenly had this vision of someone in Houston taking box wine and pouring it into mini bottles for serving. I will admit they definitely need to be making money off charging $4 for this, now.

Pick your pain, horrible tasting wine, 6.5 hours on a 737, or better yet... Made for TV movies like "James Dean" as the feature presentation...

I pick the wine, despite the taste, it makes the other two problems disappear for a few

Old Feb 10, 2003, 10:32 am

Programs: CO Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AndrewNYC:
My last few flights, International included, half the bottles didn't have labels on them... I suddenly had this vision of someone in Houston taking box wine and pouring it into mini bottles for serving. I will admit they definitely need to be making money off charging $4 for this, now.
</font>
The labels probably came off because the bottles have been sitting in ice water for so long. The same thing happens to the margaritas and Sam Adams (back before they disappeared).
Old Feb 10, 2003, 11:32 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IAH_FLYER:
The same thing happens to the margaritas and Sam Adams (back before they disappeared).</font>
i miss the sam adams big time.

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 02-10-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.