Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Ticketed WBC reward ticket...weird OP activity.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2003, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold

Today I ticketed two WBC rewards to Europe and back for my wife. A little while later, I checked the OP website and saw the miles deducted. Go back after that and they've been redeposited. Any idea what this could be?
Old Feb 5, 2003, 2:03 pm
Suspended

why not call and ask?
Old Feb 5, 2003, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
why not call and ask?</font>
Yeah, I ended up doing that. Apparently there was "an issue with the program". She said they were "ticketing right now".
Old Feb 5, 2003, 2:42 pm
Suspended

i had weird mileage problems a few week ago when an upgrade award that was pulled needed to be redeposited because i didn't get the upgrade. the program is pretty weird but everything was finally figured out.

this is why airlines are losing money. i shutter to think the number of professionals that were involved in this process of straightening out my little mileage gaffe.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Well, this whole thing has been a nail biter. I was able to get standard rewards going over and had to get creative coming back to stick with the standard reward. I've been staying on top of it so I don't find out about an issue too late.

We're actually doing the hat trick: NW, KL, and CO all on one reward. The whole process has not been hassle free.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 9:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Duhey2:
We're actually doing the hat trick: NW, KL, and CO all on one reward. The whole process has not been hassle free. </font>
The management perspective is probably: "Well, sir, this IS a free ticket, and therefore it is so kind of us to provide you availability for a free seat in the first place given that you don't want to pay for a revenue seat, let alone make it a streamlined process."

So much for LOYALTY programs!

Old Feb 6, 2003, 11:53 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by First in Class:
The management perspective is probably: "Well, sir, this IS a free ticket, and therefore it is so kind of us to provide you availability for a free seat in the first place given that you don't want to pay for a revenue seat, let alone make it a streamlined process."

So much for LOYALTY programs!
</font>

Call me a CO Apologist BUT I didn't run into that at all. For the most part, the reps. I dealt with were good. Some went the extra mile. I guess my complaint would be with KL making CO wait 48 hours to
release/confirm seats. Ironically, I dealt with another rep today who talked me into trying for the missing segment (I was missing MUC-AMS on a IAH-DTW-AMS-MUC-AMS-ORD-IAH trip) one last time...and it cleared almost instantly.

As much as I would like to keep the miles, them not being deducted tells me something is wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.