Community
Wiki Posts
Search

searching co.com by fare basis?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2003, 6:35 am
Original Poster

searching co.com by fare basis?

is there any way to search fares on continental.com by fare basis? thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 8:03 am

No, unless you want full Y.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 9:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nyupika:
No, unless you want full Y.</font>
...and we're all dying to have that!
Old Jan 29, 2003, 11:22 am

can any of the other website do this ? ie itn ?
Old Jan 29, 2003, 11:54 am

ITN is the only way I know...I know somebody posted another one once, which seemed to use ITN's same engine. Don't recall what it was, though.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
...although I've found even looking for full Y to be difficult too.

There have been many times I've requested a refundable full-Y but the website kicks out a restricted/non-refundable exhorbitant coach fare as a "CO Special."

With CO Marketing stressing the fare classes so much (i.e.: elite segment credit a function of fare code, no Q/T's for upgrades and certificates, etc.), you think they'd make fareclass information more readily available ...especially considering pricing anything short of a Q/T would probably generate additional revenue at a higher fare.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 5:19 am

On my old computer, I had a site bookmarked that I got from FT/CO Forum.. It was a search engine someone had come up with in whick one could specify route, airline, and fare class (say, beginning with K) and more, that would show all available fares in that class.. It was very handy for looking for HoKeY fares.. Anyone remember this site and still have the addy for it?? If I remember correctly, I think it was "Moonlight Labs" or similar... Would love to get it back again.

Robin
Old Jan 30, 2003, 5:27 am

it used to be called FareBrowser, but it is not up and running anymore...

http://www.moonlightlabs.com/farebrowser.html
Old Jan 30, 2003, 5:51 am

Travelocity also allows you to search by fare codes.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 11:35 am

Can anyone intruct me on how to use the travelocity web site to find a "H" or "k" fare from CLE to HNL.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 11:59 am

Go to http://www.travelocity.com/ and croll down to the bottom right. Click on Fare Listings under the Travel Tools menu.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA1P
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UGLY FIREMAN:
Can anyone intruct me on how to use the travelocity web site to find a "H" or "k" fare from CLE to HNL. </font>
Here's one way to do it.
1) Flights --&gt; More Search Options
2) From CLE, To HNL
3) Check my dates are flexible
4) Search only these airlines: CO (I am assuming you want CO metal).
5) Browse through the rules until you find a H or K fare
6) Click 'select' according to the desired fare and select flights.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I just emailed moonlightlabs and asked if their fare browser program was expected to be back in service. I also suggested, that if they are re-tooling it, an added feature that we would all appreciate is a search tool where we could search for all fares in a specific class (H, K, etc.) from a departure city on a specific date...with no destination city specified (to pull all fares from that departure city), and then rank them from lowest to highest.

This would allow us mileage run planners to search for everything in, say, K class on CO, leaving from, say FLL, on February 15 returning 16...and rank the destinations by lowest available fare in that class. I have not heard back from them yet, but I will pass on any good news I hear. I cant imagine it would be a huge challenge to design a fare search engine with that functionality. Any computer programmers out there with any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.