Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combining 2 e-certs - who should I call?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Combining 2 e-certs - who should I call?

I'd like to try and combine a couple of Electronic Travel Certificates (I know they may refuse) but have no idea who I need to speak to.

Promise I’m not being lazy here; I searched the website and still can't seem to find the right department or contact details.

Is there a general customer service department I should speak to?
Old May 12, 2011, 4:44 am

Maybe the answer in this thread helps.

Stefan
Old May 12, 2011, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks.
Old May 12, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

Let us know if you're able to combine two e-certs.

Good luck and thanks
Old May 12, 2011, 10:34 am

I called web support today:

1) a combination of two or more certificates is not possible if you want to use them for one person
2) two or more certificates can be combined if your intention is two have one PNR for two or more people
(I have no idea how the actual process works, eg if they issue a new certificate or simply complete the booking process for you).

Stefan
Old May 12, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by Boeing736

1) a combination of two or more certificates is not possible if you want to use them for one person
2) two or more certificates can be combined if your intention is two have one PNR for two or more people
(I have no idea how the actual process works, eg if they issue a new certificate or simply complete the booking process for you).

Stefan
Thanks for this update. ^
Old May 12, 2011, 2:08 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Boeing736

Stefan
If I can pass on an observation for the UA side.....

1) The same
2) The same

And as to #2, last month I applied 2x$200 e-certs to a reservation I made for goalie-parents and it was very straight forward. All I did was call UA's web-support and ask if it could be done as I knew I could book the tix separately but I wanted to keep them on one PNR*. I had goalie-parents personal info, all the flight info and the cert numbers and they booked it. Took all of 10 mintues (and for me, no phone fee as I'm a 1k but if you are using a cert there is no fee with UA regardless of status so the same should apply for CO, right?)

*Prior to calling, I did not know it was possible to use multiple e-certs for multiple pax on one PNR and the agent said the same as what you noted in #2
Old May 12, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Sort of a related question: I have funds from a previously canceled CO flight, and a credit from a different CO itinerary that I changed and generated a credit from a fare drop. Can I use both at the same time to book a single itinerary for one passenger? Or am I stuck flying CO twice?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Does anyone know if post-merger, you can use two e-certs for one passenger?

Also, can you use two e-certs for two people on one PNR as in the past as long as you call websupport?

Finally, can e-certs be used on multi-city itineraries?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.