Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OMYGAWD... the final straw....ERJs bomb ABQ.

Old Jan 5, 2003, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.

In the recesses of my mind, I knew there were these things called ERJ's out there in the system somewhere - cause cigarman knows how to complain - and via postings here, has kept me informed of these things.

But all along I thought I was safe with 6 daily 737s from ABQ to IAH. ABQ is not exactly Waco, Texas, you know!

Well, I was thumbing thru the schedules today for a trip to Asia and the first and the last flights of the day are now ERJ's!!!

THERE'S NO F CABIN:

1#CO2134 Y3 H3 K3 B1 V0 Q0 T0 L0 ABQIAH 700A1000A * ERJ
6#CO2571 Y9 H9 K9 B9 V9 Q9 T9 L2 ABQIAH 430P 730P *8 ERJ 0

I guess I don't live in perfect WEDDED bliss anymore! And infact, I might be violantly ill sometime later today!

This isn't at all funny!

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 01-05-2003).]
Old Jan 5, 2003, 1:47 pm
Suspended

platinum the last two years (and gold the year before that) and have NEVER flown on a jungle jet (i.e., ERJs).

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 01-05-2003).]
Old Jan 5, 2003, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
platinum the last two years (and gold the year before that) and have NEVER flown on a jungle jet (i.e., ERJs).</font>
That's gotta be just pure dumb luck, or you're always doing transcons or going over the pond. Watch out for the ERJ-XXXXLR!

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 2:17 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bonzaiflyer:
That's gotta be just pure dumb luck, or you're always doing transcons or going over the pond. Watch out for the ERJ-XXXXLR!

</font>
you're right. i rarely take CO on short trips. the last two trips were HNL (Honolulu, Hawaii) and London. Last year also included several trips to Seattle and Las Vegas. Even went to Boston on a 757.

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 01-05-2003).]
Old Jan 5, 2003, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Yeah, but you're from NYC, which almost guarantees large enough loads for at least 737 service on tons and tons of flights.

edited because fly co responded just before I posted

[This message has been edited by bk42 (edited 01-05-2003).]
Old Jan 5, 2003, 3:14 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
You really thought IAH-ABQ was safe? LOL

C'mon up to CLE where JungleJets fly to exotic locales like Chicago (both ORD and MDW), New York (both Kennedy and LaGarbage), ATL, RDU, DFW(!), and coming soon DEN!

The underlying problem in your market was the competition. WN flies HOU-ABQ, and it must keep the yields below the level Gordo needs to get his "we didn't lose as much as you thought I would" bonus. You can be sure those airplanes got moved to a monopoly market. I only flew 1 CO JungleJet segment in all of 2002. I intend to be "JungleJet free in 2003!"

------------------
Check out the truth about OnePass at www.nonepass.com
Old Jan 5, 2003, 3:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bk42:
Yeah, but you're from NYC, which almost guarantees large enough loads for at least 737 service on tons and tons of flights.

edited because fly co responded just before I posted

[This message has been edited by bk42 (edited 01-05-2003).]
</font>
From NYC as well, and I can't tell you how many ERJ's I've done in the last year. (EWR-CVG, -MCI, -MKE, -GSO; LGA-CLE-DTW)

Eventually they will realize that we will tolerate these pups for shorter less well traveled routes where any service is better than none, but pax really won't stand for it on longer more competitive routes.

I think this strategy will come back to bite them in the arse.

[This message has been edited by Paulo (edited 01-05-2003).]
Old Jan 5, 2003, 4:45 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Try seat 12a on the 145. Seat 9a on the 135. The rash will be less pronounced...

I feel your pain, Travel4free.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 7:16 pm

Location: EWR - CO PLAT, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Delta Gold
So funny ... hey guys .... would you believe that I flew on an ERJ from Newark to Cleveland and then Cleveland to MCI?

I take ERJ's -- but everytime I do I always swear I never will again.

Ironically two weeks ago I was on an America West ERJ ... from Las-los .... and it had a first class cabin ....4 seats!
Old Jan 5, 2003, 7:51 pm

oops..edited for a double post.)

[This message has been edited by joanek (edited 01-05-2003).]
Old Jan 5, 2003, 7:57 pm

How about an ERJ IAD-IAH? 1204 miles. Ouch. At least it's only the early morning run ---the others are mainline. At least for now....

IAH-IAD has the ERJ on two runs each day---and I see the last flight back to DC now leaves at 6:44 pm.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PhantomeSea:
Ironically two weeks ago I was on an America West ERJ ... from Las-los .... and it had a first class cabin ....4 seats!</font>
ERJ or CRJ? I think it's the CRJ-700. I don't see how they'd configure a ERJ with F, CRJ being 2-2 would be more likely.

NW's (Mesaba's) ARJs have 16 F seats.

Oh, I hope you meant LAX (LOS is Lagos, Nigeria and that's a heck of a trip in any RJ from LAS).

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.

[This message has been edited by bonzaiflyer (edited 01-05-2003).]

[This message has been edited by bonzaiflyer (edited 01-05-2003).]
Old Jan 5, 2003, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 2mm 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If they would take one row out and give you a little more leg room it would make easier to endure. If they are worried about the loss of three seats, they could make more leg room on one side (A) and only have the loss of one seat. Moreover, I will take a NW DC-9 before I book and CO RJ.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:09 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bonzaiflyer:
NW's (Mesaba's) ARJs have 16 F seats.</font>

Yes, and original reason for those F seats was to avoid violating the NW pilots contract which allows regional carriers to fly aircraft with 69 seats or less. If you ever walk behind the curtain on a NW AVRO, you'll find more legroom than on a CO 737, and six seats in every row, except one, which only has 5, in order to have only 69 seats onboard.

But everyone who flies the AVRO loves it, especially up front. I wonder now if NW would rip them out and put coach seats in if the pilot contract were changed?
Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cbchicago:
I will take a NW DC-9 before I book and CO RJ.</font>
Amen!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.