Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO reservations "in Salt Lake City"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2005, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

CO reservations "in Salt Lake City"

Lately, when I've called CO Reservations, I've noticed that they indicate that the agents indicate that they're "in Salt Lake City" when they answer the phone.

Is this CO's way of advertising the fact that one isn't reaching an offshore call center?

Does CO operate any offshore call centers? (If they don't, I must say that I'm pleased to hear that.)
Old Jun 20, 2005, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by alvn
Lately, when I've called CO Reservations, I've noticed that they indicate that the agents indicate that they're "in Salt Lake City" when they answer the phone.

Is this CO's way of advertising the fact that one isn't reaching an offshore call center?

Does CO operate any offshore call centers? (If they don't, I must say that I'm pleased to hear that.)
Co does operate call centers offshore only to cater to the local area. But all US generated calls are handled at the three US centers. For example the Mexico Center handles calls from Latin American market or the Tokyo Center handles the Japan generated calls.All throughout the world Continental has centers to handle the local passengers.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2M Miles, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
This topic came up at the "Do". Larry said they would absolutely NOT offshore US reservations. He said he didn't want to upset the majority of their customer base. He also said that they examine ideas that would just "cut costs" for both impact to the customer and their employees. Offshoring is a lose-lose, for customers and employees.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:39 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by alvn

You should have heard the cheers at the DO when someone asked if they planned out outsoruce US calls to India, and Larry said no!

-Vincent
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:23 am

i have noticed that only the slc agents do this. i think its a way of letting us know that the great service we're receiving is coming from the slc center.

the reasons behind it? im not sure.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I've heard this recently, and with Tampa as well.

It's becoming more of a common practice with US-based call center reps at different companies, and it's definitely to tell you they're not outsourced, as outsourcing is such a sore point for customers.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:28 am

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
You can see this call center right by the highway when driving to downtown Salt Lake from SLC. (I should know which highway this is but I forget these things).
Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
I was in SLC yesterday and drove by the complex. Decent factory size building with a couple hundred cars and a big CONTINENTAL AIRLINES logo on the side.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:25 am

an extra incentive to book with co

After all the times I have dealt with the DL idiots and their "min-eeee-uh-polish plane change" and "oo-rark change planes" I appreciate talking to americans. American's might be actual americans too. which is a factor I think about when everyone has the same fare.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:27 am

In addition to American, I recommend Alaska, United, and Northwest when your travel needs call for anyone with the price they all have
Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:43 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by joebeenyc
I was in SLC yesterday and drove by the complex. Decent factory size building with a couple hundred cars and a big CONTINENTAL AIRLINES logo on the side.
I bet it's a camera phone worthy site

Or a Sony Cybershot moment (Kodak moments just aren't what they used to be )

-Vincent
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
I say the reason only the SLC agents are doing it is that they're sticking it to DL, which is the worse in outsourcing phone agents. CO also was very unhappy with the DL's <$499 full-fare pricing.

It's a way to tell people while DL cannot afford to hire Utahians at their large hub, CO can.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:13 am

Just found it today. ord-OMA. same fare, same times DL and AA, Guess who's getting my business......
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:31 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by jetcity405
Just found it today. ord-OMA. same fare, same times DL and AA, Guess who's getting my business......

the widget?

-Vincent
Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:27 pm

no stopover in "minnie-uh-polish" for me! BTW anyone know the addy of the salt lake center?

a

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.