33 minues slower

My 1-866 elite agent told me the time change
was due to ATC. I don't mind better on-time
performance, even if it comes from slower
schedules instead of faster flights.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 5:17 pm

Dude, that's not quicker flights.

That's called padding.

More or less anything that CO says or does, you need to second-guess, cause it just ain't what it seems.

[This message has been edited by Beef or Chicken? (edited 10-15-2002).]
Old Oct 15, 2002, 5:26 pm

Typically, airlines adjust their block times around this time of year to account for the shift in wind patterns. Usually flight time is longer in fall/winter than the rest of the year. Could explain the extended block time for the flts you referenced.

Airlines may elect to build in added time for regions and corresponding airports which typically experience wintry weather or ATC weather delays on a somewhat regular basis, but I would expect this to be an airline to airline and route by route decision.

AtlMan
Old Oct 15, 2002, 9:00 pm

squid, you think that's bad? AA just readjusted their STL-HNL flight (for the third time since I purchased the ticket two weeks ago) to depart 15 minutes later and arrive an hour and ten minutes later!
Old Oct 15, 2002, 9:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
squid, you think that's bad? AA just readjusted their STL-HNL flight (for the third time since I purchased the ticket two weeks ago) to depart 15 minutes later and arrive an hour and ten minutes later!</font>
The Daylight Saving Time Clue Phone is ringing... it's for you.

(Or is that the Troll Clue Phone ringing for me?)
Old Oct 16, 2002, 6:14 am

Maybe the extra schedule time is needed for breathalyzer tests. Sorry cheap shot.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 9:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LastClass:
(Or is that the Troll Clue Phone ringing for me?)</font>
Well, you would think that they would have thought of that before booking the flight...
Old Oct 17, 2002, 1:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LastClass:
(Or is that the Troll Clue Phone ringing for me?)</font>
LOL! No, it wasn't a Daylight Savings Time change. Its times have changed several times whereas the other HNL flights have not. It's (STL-HNL) now tagged as a longer flight than ORD-HNL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.