Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Gordo: We need to be Paid for the Extra Toppings on the Pizza!

Old Sep 3, 2002, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)

Dial 800-444-8414, press 1 to listen to Gordon's message.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 10:22 am

Holy cow this is unbelievable!

"We're wrapping up a very rough month."

So are we!

PS: Is it me or does Gordo sound a bit like William Shatner, pronouncing every
word
it's
its
own
sentence.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 10:53 am
Suspended

those toppings cost money, ya know.

and, i like the phone ringing in the background when gordo discussed the vacation bank. he couldn't find a quiet room.

i like the option to leave gordo a personal message. be nice folks (although in this forum i don't know if that's really probable).

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 09-03-2002).]
Old Sep 3, 2002, 10:57 am

I guess that if you are late for your flight and have not arranged for a change ($100 worth) you lose it and that would be like a waiter taking your "pizza with extra toppings" off the table because you eat to slow.

Did anyone leave Gordon a message after the message?

Old Sep 3, 2002, 11:32 am

The comments about differentiating benefits based on fare paid sounds like we're getting some form of HoKeY domestically in the near future--
That s*cks.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 11:41 am
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
I left Gordon a message praising CO's shrewd marketing and product adjustments which are helping to keep Continental a viable airline. While I will likely be impacted by some of these changes as a lower-fare Platinum Elite, I nonethless have great repsect for a business that can identify areas of concern and adjust its approach before it's too late.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
avek00, young man, obviously your opinion is influenced by your investment experiences with TWA. How much you got at stake in CO?

That being said, Gordo doesn't want your praise, he wants your money.

Tell me this, honestly, how much more are you gonna be willing to pay to get the extra toppings? It ain't what CO thinks it can charge for whatever, but what the customers will pay that sets the market.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 12:10 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snake:
That being said, Gordo doesn't want your praise, he wants your money.

</font>
i've heard he has an ego. given his status (CEO of a major publicly traded corporation), that's not surprising and not necessarily a bad thing.

having said that, i don't think he would turn down any praise thrown his way.

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 09-03-2002).]
Old Sep 3, 2002, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
I only have 1 share in CO at the moment, and that's only to get a copy of the Annual Report. I have been known to profitably dabble in CO when I believe that the stock will have major price swings, however.

I know that Gordon wants my money more than my praise. And you know what? I give him whatever money I can, within reason.

That said, there are some things that I am not willing to pay for. I am not willing to cough up $100 for standby, for instance. Therefore, I will be flying on the flights that I initially ticketed. On international flights, I will fly in the cabin that I have paid for unless the ticket allows for mileage UGs sans service fees.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 12:25 pm

Is there some limitation on who can call the 800 number? I tried both my work and cell phones and got a message that the number could not be accessed from my calling area.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 12:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bry99:
Is there some limitation on who can call the 800 number? I tried both my work and cell phones and got a message that the number could not be accessed from my calling area.</font>
Odd -- I reached the number from Germany (though not for free.)
Old Sep 3, 2002, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CO Nothing, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bry99:
Is there some limitation on who can call the 800 number? I tried both my work and cell phones and got a message that the number could not be accessed from my calling area.</font>
Me too.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Last time I bought a pizza, extra toppings were $1.29 (or about 10% of the base price).

Using this rationale, should we expect the perks to be $20 (10% of a $200 ticket)? I'll pay $20 for an upgrade.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
You can't call the number from Houston, even if your cell phone has a non-Houston area code and you're roaming in Houston.

I forget the 713 version, but it's similar to the 800#.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 2:14 pm

This is comical. Is this for real? He actually mentioned the "toppings on the pizza"? Once I heard that I thought for sure it had to be a FT impersonator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.