Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Plenty of July/August UpperClass award seats this summer to LHR

Old Jul 8, 02, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA ExPlat 2012 & Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum

I just made a change to an SFO-LHR trip for next week, and was shocked to discover that CO 4420/4419 which are the Virgin codeshares have good 'ol E class (and even more EG class) available on most every day.

I was able to add a friend to our intinerary coming from Austin (Continental will provide free connecting first class travel from anywhere in the 50, if F class is available, and all for a standard 100K award).

Just thought some of you trying to get to Europe this summer might want to know. An agent would probably never check a possible connection through SFO from somewhere like Austin unless you asked him or her specifically.
Old Jul 8, 02, 1:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thesilb:
I just made a change to an SFO-LHR trip for next week, and was shocked to discover that CO 4420/4419 which are the Virgin codeshares have good 'ol E class (and even more EG class) available on most every day.

I was able to add a friend to our intinerary coming from Austin (Continental will provide free connecting first class travel from anywhere in the 50, if F class is available, and all for a standard 100K award).

Just thought some of you trying to get to Europe this summer might want to know. An agent would probably never check a possible connection through SFO from somewhere like Austin unless you asked him or her specifically.
</font>
The CO inventory on their Virgin code-share has better economy pricing than buying directly from Virgin.

For early Oct travel, www.travelution.com is showing $489 EWR-LHR on CO versus $693 on VS for the same flights. The CO fare was as low as $377 (+$30 TA fee) when I booked it 2 weeks ago.

The SFO-LHR price on CO is currently showing $619 versus VS $968.

[This message has been edited by abigail (edited 07-08-2002).]
Old Jul 11, 02, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thesilb-

This is really some unexpected nice news, and I think I will burn some more NonePass™ miles this way. Are you certain I can connect from HI for this 100k miles?

MisterNice
Old Jul 11, 02, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA ExPlat 2012 & Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
MisterNice,

I'm not at all sure about the rules for Hawaii to Europe. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm not sure it's 100K. Maybe more? It would be 100K including connecting travel from the mainland. Maybe I said domestic 50 in my original post, and sorry for any confusion on that. I am sure that you will find ample E or EG availability from SFO to LHR, though. One other problem is that CO doesn't have service to SFO from HNL, but I think there is a HA codeshare or perhaps you will find availability on CO 75/76 into LAX with corresponding Virgin codeshare avails from LAX to LHR?

Good luck!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: